www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

VIC: Builders Meeting ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

I was playing with some figures yesterday regarding running a public event. I figure that we could feild around 8 bots based on the last few comments. rotwang 3 chronos 1 nmo 2 spockie 1 and then anyone else who would like to and had time. (I'm not trying to exclude anyone, just based on this thread so far.)

If we where to go for the round robin style system (I had previously been against the idea for various reasons, however it does mean that we have more fights with less people.) We would have 7 rounds of 4 fights per round. assuming each fight takes 5 mins (3 mins for battle and 2 for judging) and a 30 min break between rounds we would have an event that ran for 5.5 hours or so. I would have thought that it would be enough to entertain the crowds at the event. Just an idea and I don't want to ignite debate here about the format as we already have a thread going elseware.

The lightweight idea could be worth looking into however it would take several months for everyone to complete there bots since we only have 1 or 2 lightweights in vic atm.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I wouldn't want to limit your state competition, but consider this: If you all move on to lightweights with no KE weapons, you will seperate from NSW and QLD, making interstate competitions quite difficult. I don't think there is enough interest or facilities in NSW for us to go that way and that is probably true in Queensland too.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:45 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

MMM wouldnt take long to knock up a non spinner light weight much easier than trying to build someing into 13.6 kgs .

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:39 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I mentioned at our last event that I was going to build an off road lightweight. So that should get some interest here.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:34 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

Hi guys, I have had a chat with David (ultibot) Clark. He is happy to have his event at my site at Grantiville (30 min south of Cranbourne).
we may be able to hit 2 birds here. At this site I have access to huge warehouse where I am building the new arena. This is where we might have our garage rumble.
I would love for you all to see the nearly completed new 50sq portable arena, which we can use for the evet rather than transport the sidetracked one.
We can have this event any time from my end so ill need a little feed back from you guys as to when would be a good date.
would 8th or 9th of july sute most?
keeping in mind this will we the ultibot site so if you got an ultibot bring it. [/quote]

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:28 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

The 8th or 9th suites me however I don't know about mat at this stage. (he's a shift worker), good to hear that the new areana is nearly complete, can't wait to see it.

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:26 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

Sounds fantastic Daniel, Rotwang be there with some feathers and 1 or 2 ultibots. Cant wait!1!!1

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:30 pm 
andrew

just been thinking lately on your post bout that arena daniel and what have yall got planned, is it like a massive arena thats transportable and can maybe hold heavies or something,

Just curious thats all

Also hows the untibot stuff looking as i havnt heard much bout it for ages, any pics of ultibots and what not

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:14 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
yall
Mad

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

Just want to go over a couple of things for this event if everyone is good to go sunday july 9th starting 11am.
This event will be focusing on the future of the sport. we have lots of ideas and different directions to go and all we need do now is make some calls and build this in to a sport known and understood by the whole country.
I am encouraging you all to take time over the next three weeks to refine your new ideas, remember past events and think about where you would like to see RoboWars, Ultibots and Robot Combat in Australia go over the next few years.

On the day you are going to see lots of pirotechnics and effect stuff we are cooking up for events. things like flame cannons, spark jets even got a laser for the day.

The address is Bass Hwy Grantville Ill post a map attached.
BBQ as well so bring some snags. [/img][/img][img][/img]

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:41 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hmm, Fire.. cool, I might have to see about building a flame-bot I've been mulling some ideas for. Twisted Evil

I'll discuss some ideas with a few people before letting too much slip, but if it works like I want, I think I'll call it "Ring of Fire" Cool

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
I think I'll call it "Ring of Fire"

Isn't that the term for eatting a bag full of Jalapeno's? Laughing Andrew has a flamethrower idea, but he said it's to nasty and would put the audience in danger... Something to do with a 5ft blue flame and some crazy home made widgets Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

The site location map is on the public photos page

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:14 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Sounds cool! Regarding lightweights, next year I hope to have one finished (doing it for yr12 DT) and in my opinion the Australia comp will have evolved alot by then. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:50 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Sounds great, mat will be there as well, can we battle that day?

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:19 pm