www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Rules, Safety, Administration

Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Should tracked robots get a weight advantage?
Yes, they should get 13kg
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Yes, they should get 15kg
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Yes, they should get a weight advantage other than the above listed (please specify)
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
No, They should get no weight bonus
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

OK, I've created a new topic for the ongoing walker debate.. seeing as how none is building any yet, maybe we do need to come up with some simpler rules, that thread is the place to discuss them.

If anyone has made any posts they would like to keep in existance, please copy them and re-post/paste them in the new thread.

All marked-as-such Off-Topic Walker related posts in this thread will be deleted in a few days. This post is marked for deletion - move it to the walker thread please

(seeing as how I cant see anyway to move them myself. any tips there Karmond ?)

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mytqik

Back to the weight bonus for tracks. I agree with the team froggy/team vortex idea. I would be worried about people using the guides/runners as armour (it was the first thing i thought of).

Also in regards to the 3 rules mentioned at the top of the post. rule 3 confuses me. Why should tracked robots have a complicated drive system. It seems like you are trying to added weight to compensate for the tracks. Please explain????

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:11 am 
Karmond

Brett, it's been a while since I moved posts around in phpBB, but you can split the threads, I know that. Just select the posts you want to split and you're done.

In vbulletin, you can merge threads, but I'm unsure if you can do that in phpBB, that's what you need to use, otherwise do it manually with the mysql database (phpMyAdmin or whatever).

(Really sorry for the 10 day late reply. Smile)

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:25 am