www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Mayayong 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

That sounds ideal Jake. Im sticking with switches as they worked well at event and i could controll scrap well. Will try drill speedo's in the next robot me thinks for something different.

If u can make up a little kit taht can failsafe a good number of channels like 3 or 4 that would be great.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:57 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

ive used servo switching in SORRY from the beginnig with great success..i have light up switches that indicate any problem with servos before the power to the drives or weapon is activated ......so in basic terms as soon as i activate the radio and turn on the reciever ,if a servo reacts and swings to hit a microswitch a light is activated indicating witch servo is the problem ........100% idiot proof i reckon ,so if the lights on i turn it off the radio and reciever and fix the problems before any power is turned on Very Happy

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:38 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I do almost that. Since I have multiple switches on each servo I can power up the radio, and listen to each one doing a full swing, and hear the switch clicks. It's easy to tell when they're all in the right place - and then I turn on the main switch.

None of that's very relevant now though, since that bot was a quick chuck together job, and the next one will be much more advanced Smile
The old servo switch board might have to go into my r/c boat to test out a new motor (Jaycar 20krpm 6 volt running at 12) Cool

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

sounds good ..looking forward to the next round already Wink
today i soughted out the new improved SORRY .....a lot 'leaner but just as meaner,' and a lot of anti spinner armour .........and of coarse i will remember this time to put on the anti flipper devices Wink Very Happy
2 ROUNDS TO GO and i plan on being number 1 Very Happy

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:24 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i like your idea there nick with spinners fired off with servos requiring failsafes. very good idea.

as for the failsafe i believe the FS-1 failsafe has enough power in it to bring the servos back to center if the power is cut.

theres a post on one of the american forums from a the builder of a robot called BOB. he built the radio and speed controller as one thing. it uses 4 switches and a basic stamp as the radio system. ingenious.

if you could send me a copy of that diagram too jake that would be great, im not going to take the chance of having a relay weld together. all solid state for me. im looking at using the servo guts to fire a fet.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I just want to test it in the all new "actually fails safe" mode rather than its current "fails in a way that poses a serious risk to your ankles" mode before I lol "publish" it, but it is designed for the IBC's. Just connects direct to the plug.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

cobra report -

got the weapon motor and its a beast. its without doubt the biggest fan motor at pick and payless. out of a volvo and made by bosch.

the weapon motor is a little to big to go in the body so its going to sit under the disc on the A frame meaning i can go back to my 2.3ah SLAs in parrallel.

motors are going to 9.6v at 12 so i can have the same drive power.

weapon might have to be a lawnmower blade for times sake but the disc will eventuate.

still evaluating whether to use circlips or shaft collars to hold the weapon assembly onto the A frame...

so hows everyone else going?

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

ok i spose havent had time to get out to pick and payless will do next week and mark rang me and said that he had just checked his wheels on his bot and they were so hacked up by IG that they are un-useable he grabed one of the wheels and a masive section came off in his hands so yeah just an update dont know about my ibc yet. i will ask brett next time i see him online

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:25 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I hope to get the IBC in Basilisk Lite working over the weekend (assuming Brett's diagnosis was right) and get the chassis cleaned up.

I will also get some tools from Hare & Forbes (is lathe fondling still illegal?) that will make building the next bots WAY quicker.

Next week the Basilisk Ti version with the Mag motor gets under way. I am out of drill motor mounts and a new batch will take all next weekend.

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:42 am 
andrew

whats basilisk lite??

Basilisk Ti with mag motor. CRAP!!!!.

I am seriously wetting myself now.

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:55 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

so what robots are coming to m7?

cobra? scrap? el bravo? sorry? roflchopter? plan b? singularity? TSE? cerberus? basilisk?

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:01 pm 
andrew

aagrh. half of them r spinners Very Happy.

I also plan on a second robot with a lifting jaw type thing. DOnt count on it though but ill try and get it done.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:54 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
whats basilisk lite??

I had a bit of a re-think about the naming - Basilisk Lite was going to be the name for the original model as it was lighter and had the smaller motor.

I now figure that the original Basilisk should be called Basilisk Ti as it now has added Titanium goodness all around the edges Very Happy A first in Australia!

The new model (still in design) will be called Basilisk Mag for the obvious reason. Its going to be much the same shape and a bit taller.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:53 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

lol. lots of new machines coming out of the woodwork. I'll just let you all sit and hang for my next machine....

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:39 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

ok so i got off my ass and fired up eagle for a bit

ok for some splainin
area 1 is a bit of a heatsink, it can also be used as power for the motor.
(IE that bit is *live* so if you are bolting to something metal then insulate your bolts/cut the pcb around the trace etc etc. you can also get insulator pads that will sit under the fet itself but still transmit heat.)
you can add a real heatsink under the fet itself if your going to be pulling lots of current.

Area 2 is connected to the IBC controll output.

Area 3 is left alone and connects to the left leg of the fet

Area 4 is electrically connected through the FET to the metal bit on the back, this is the OUTPUT of the circuit. connect this to the positive terminal of the MOTOR.

Area 5 is the power INPUT, connect this to your POSITIVE battery terminal.

the diode between area 5 and 3 (the thing with the little arrow) is a 12 volt Zener Diode.
the resistor under that has a value of 10 kilo ohms (10k)
the resistor from area 3 to area 2 has a value of 1 kilo ohm.

this circuit is rated to 19A continious with propper heatsinking and airflow and 78 amps pulsed.

Parts List
STOCK-CODE: ZT2467 RRP: $4.95 Mosfet P-Channel part IRF954ON

STOCK-CODE: RR0572 RRP: $0.38 1K0ohm 1/2 Watt 1% Metal Film Resistors - Pk.8

STOCK-CODE: RR0596 RRP: $0.38 10Kohm 1/2 Watt 1% Metal Film Resistors - Pk.8

STOCK-CODE: ZR1412 RRP: $0.40 12V 1N4742 1 Watt Zener Diode

Data Sheet for mosfet
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/ZT2467.pdf

I havent built this one yet but it should work.
the last one i made with just a hand grinder and the drill press.

heres a piccie of the last one. the new one isnt that different.
note the resistors and diode go on the back
note also that the center leg is extended in this one, it makes cutting the tracks behind easier and also helps hold the fet down and stop it rattling around.

Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number