www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

House of Carnage Season 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Maybe we should keep you broke to stop you building that MoFo.

Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:38 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Wow thats the closest ive ever heard you come to swearing Phillip. Lol. I definately agree please don't hit me.

Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:48 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

phillip that signature .hmmmm odviously your wife doesnt spend as much as mine Wink why else do think im still using servo switching Very Happy Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:56 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Actually Karen is the best. She is very good with money. I am a very lucky man. I just like living dangerously.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:16 am 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

quote:

Maybe we should keep you broke to stop you building that MoF

$$'s aren't preventing the building of Malice of Forethought.... it's the water-cut engineers (only one in Toowoomba) that keep putting back my job - in favour of bigger $$ jobs (understandable but still very annoying).

The weapon will definately be min.3kg to 4kg max. (just the 'disk' / 3 spoke metal wheel) Wink am I looking forward to getting THAT baby up and humming.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:56 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Philip Taylor:
Actually Karen is the best. She is very good with money. I am a very lucky man. I just like living dangerously.

Good to see other "female equipped" Bot builders who have understanding wives.. Laughing

I'm a *lucky man* too, in that my lady Mel not only tolerates my wacky tech sport, but enjoys participating herself (as anyone who has been on the receiving end of Scoopy Doo knows..) Cool

Ah, now if I was a Batchelor, then the amount of money available to spend on bots would no doubt be heaps bigger, but I wouldnt have this nice space to live in thanks to her.. I'd probably be living in a cardboard box full of Bot Parts (which has its advantges too Wink..)

Mind you I like to live dangerously too, so I always joke that Mel is the only one of my toys that *doesnt* have an "OFF" switch, which is something I normally wont put up with from anything else.. Laughing

Time for a .sig Update I think..

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

ahhh yes .brett surely you can look into building us all an off switch Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:09 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Less than 12hrs to go and my bots are almost ready

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

All ready to go did a bit of testing between the cheese and sproing as well .
I had a few probs with my grab arm on Sproing self destructing on the return as its so fast but hopefuly a rubber buffer and a limit switch have fixed it every thing is packed in the car ready to head off in the morning so we will see everyone when we get there .. cheers . Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:00 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

1st - Vertical Limits
2nd - Cheeze Shredder
3rd - Scarifier
4th - Sproing (had a broken drive so would have lost if we had a fight for 3rd)

Melee 1 (7 robots) - Scarifier
Melee 2 (5 robots) - Scarifier

Interesting things that I could remember:

Marauder flipping itself upside down, then trying self-right by throwing itself into the veiwing screen at head height.

Prancing Queen always being picked on. It never lasted more then 10 seconds in any fight or melee.

The sound of RP7's drum. That thing it awsome.

Scarifier owning Hercules for 3 mins with only one drive belt attached. I must have thrown the other belt before the fight and not realised.

Hellbringer X's pushing power. We have a new champion pushy bot.

That whole first melee. Prancing Queen pretty much exploded when Marauder flipped it. The battery hit the roof. There were robot flying every where. We need this fight on the internet as soon as possible Marto. Very Happy

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Any pictures? Very Happy
Sounds like it was a really fun day. Can't wait for some videos!

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:10 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Woot. Kick ass event! My highlights were watching Marauder flip PQ, then RP7, then selfrighting itself by launching across the full length of the arena, then trying to selfright against the wall resulting in a face height (This all happened in the one meele)!

I was driving cheese shredder today and it kicked ass beside my first jitter battle with my TX battery being low(Still won Very Happy). Vertical Limit only slowed it down in the final when it hit the side, flip over and hit the drive wheel in the process snapping the gearbox shaft off inside the gearbox, turning the left wheel into a jumbo castor Razz Damn Scott is becoming a good driver, I have to watch myself!

Robot to watch: Marauder! When that thing drives properly, there will be feathers flying (More then there is now)

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:15 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I've update all the ranking table except the teams tables. Looks like I can't retire Scarifier just yet.

http://rankings.robowars.org

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

WOW! Vertical Limits is ranked higher then Plan B Shocked Also it is the current highest ranking spinner Shocked and highest ranking QLD bot Shocked

The new spinner in the team is making Annihilation look pathetic Embarassed

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:44 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

mmm first event was a bit of a flop for Sproing. We tested on saturday against the cheese prety hard and i had been testing all week every thing was fine last night but once i put it in the arena the lifter started acting wierd then stopped.
I coundn't find the prob its probaly a relay sticking ,,so it never got to show its full potential ..my armour worked better than i thought it kept vert limits at bay Scott managed to break a couple of springs off but that was at the welds so i will need to retemper them next time after i weld them i ran out of time before the event .
My wheel gaurds need a bit more attention to stop them shifting into the wheels as one got jambed and david just kept pushing the robot until he burnt out the motor .I havent checked the bot to see if he has damaged the ibc or any thing else .

I hope every one had as good a day as we did .
A big thanks goes to Nick and his wife our host's .. they once again had a great set up and looked after us all .

The arean was much better with the shades on the doors and stuff so that the glare was barely visible on the lexan this time .It made it easier for the drivers and spectarors to see what was happening .

It was a hard day with our bots being mostly drawn aginst our selves and all our drivers wanting to win lol ...just more work for me again Very Happy

A big thanks to all the other drivers and people who attended and made it a succesfull event .

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:13 pm