www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Metal Mayhem 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Author    Thread
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Fine by us.

Unfortuantly things are a bit more broken here then we first expected so I'm not sure what we'll turn up with. It'll be surprising. I might actually win more then one fight for once.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Went out agian today and the arena is very nearly finished. All the panels are completed.

Now all I'm waiting for is being let down by not being able to get the Polycarb.

Brett if you could ah tell anybody where it is that would be great. After christmas I'm going to the coast for 2 weeks so hopefully by the time I get back it would be great if it was here.

Anyway almost everything is ready so hope to see you all @ MM5.

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:24 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find out where this Elusive sheet of PolyCarb actually is..

Originally, it was supposed to be ordered with SideTracked's order for our arena.. This didnt happen, so the plan was to get it shipped directly to Mulfords in Brisbane for you to pickup, but apparently there was some question as to whether we would be able to get the same price for you if we did that..

So then it was supposed to be arrive at SideTracked on the Friday before the RoboWars event for Andrew (Vertex) to pickup and take back, Friday came and no sign of it, so I chased it up monday, and found out on Tuesday that Mulfords Melbourne was now out of stock which is why it hadnt shown Friday.

Apparently its not too far away from being in stock again, but I dont know if it will make it before Christmas or not..

I'm trying to find out, but all this is happening third-hand, since its the now-departed (He's moving to Brisbane) ex-manager of SideTracked (Marc) who is friends with the State Manager of Mulfords, so I ring Sidetracked, who contact MArc, who talks to his friend, and then the reply has to come back along the chain.. hence the delays.

Sorry about all the screwing around, its turning out to be a major PITA for what was originally "Hey could you guys order an extra sheet when you get yours please ?"

I'll let you know as soon as I know anything..

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

When is the House of Carnage event going to be held, I cannot remember what date was set.

I'm still deciding if I'm going to be battling that day or just watching and pit crewing, but some confirmation would be great thanks Cool

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:06 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by marto:
Sorry people thats the wrong date i got it wrong hows sunday the 23rd?

Is this a firm date?

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:12 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Thanks for the date Philip, can I still get some confirmation from STeven or Nick to confirm that th event is still happening, this threads been far to quite Confused

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:25 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Actually, I was asking if the date was firm. I am unsure as we don't even know if the PC has arrived.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:13 am 
chris

the 23rd? i might not be able to attend Sad

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:33 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Why not Chris?

You name the time and we'll be there. I would help with the polycarb, but I'm pretty sure my car isn't big enough.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

sorry for the delay in responding again guys.... I'm slowly getting back to normal after the Xmas rush (in a hobby shop, Xmas is chaos defined)

the elusive polycarb is finally close to being organised. the new manager at "sidetracked" is organising for the PC sheet to be organised through the Brisbane depot of Mulfords, at the "sidetracked" price of $200. I'll know more soon....

the 23rd is the date as far as I'm aware too, the polycarb is the only thing stopping it at this stage.

even if the polycarb isn't here for the 23rd, everyone is welcome to come up the range for a builders meet at the very least. That way we can pool thoughts on making the site better (e.g.-the best method to organise the pit area, start lights in the arena, parking, antweight arena location, etc, etc) It's all good. Very Happy

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:54 am 
chris

quote:
Originally posted by kkeerroo:
Why not Chris?

Because my Mum has commitments elsewhere. I do not know at this time if they can be rearranged but there is a good chance they can.

Sharpshooter is going great and is ready to go (assuming it can get there). This will most likely be the last competition SharpShooter enters as Blazing star will be finished soon (once i get the base cut out there will be pics posted here faster than you can say "hurry the hell up Chris")
Anyways C'yas from chris

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:09 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
once i get the base cut out there will be pics posted here faster than you can say "hurry the hell up Chris")

"hurry the hell up Chris"

Where's the pictures Very Happy What's happening with Sharpshooter when you build your new bot?

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:57 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Does anyone object to using some trial version software I'm making up for judging and point scores. I'd like to trial it and get some feed back from everyone at the House of Carnage event Cool

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:19 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Bring it along and show us what you have in mind.

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 am 
chris

quote:
Originally posted by teamvertex:

quote:
once i get the base cut out there will be pics posted here faster than you can say "hurry the hell up Chris")

"hurry the hell up Chris"

Where's the pictures Very Happy What's happening with Sharpshooter when you build your new bot?

The pics might be up by today depending on my progress on the base. I am trying to cut 5mm ali with a wood blade on a jigsay that seems to have problems gripping the blade Sad

i am going to keep sharpshooter together and hopefully bring it along to park events and stuff for fun but no more serious competitions.

C'ya from chris

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:49 am