www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Fury - Hellfire Labs - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

I can see some mexicans are finally going to know what a 200km/h bitch slap feels like Smile Love the whole overkill on the gears you've used. You actually going to bolt the shell down this time instead of using gravity to keep it attached to the robot?? Cool

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:40 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

200KMH Shocked ? That's around 5,000 rpm at that diameter Shocked. It looks very cool and I hope does well, but mostly I hope it rotates anti-clockwise so we can have a 298 kmh get-together with Jolt Laughing

Are those Mini EV's on top? I'm thinking that if everythin else holds together, you should give Queenie what every girl really wants - at set of DeWalts!

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:02 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
Are those Mini EV's on top? I'm thinking that if everythin else holds together, you should give Queenie what every girl really wants - at set of DeWalts!

Nah, she needs the EV Warrior mounted back on and filled up with 24v Razz

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:11 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Looking good Has she had her skirts lowered again? i liked her when she was taller Very Happy

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:09 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

How high is the top of the dome, Andrew?

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:10 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

dont be hating on mini-EV's

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

After doing a bit of testing over the last couple days I have run into a few problems. First off there was a short circuit between one of the weapon packs and the mini-EVs. A mounting bolt was rubbing against the end cell of the pack and went through the insulation and shorted against the case then through the battery mount which the touched the metal dome (still having clearence problems) then up the hub, into the motor mounts and into the mini-EV. It turns out that the case of a mini-EV is conected to one of terminals (a small tab can be seen through one of the cooling vents) so I fixed that. But the battery connectors had melted in the confusion so I replaced those.
But it turns out that two mini-EVs in parallel running at 14.4V off GP3300s draw enough current themselfs to melt the conectors so I replaced those with those screw terminals. It will make replacing the batteries more time consuming but at least I won't have to resolder my conectors after each time I turn on the weapon.
So I tested it again up at the pub carpark this afternoon (and also gave my new digital video camera a go) and it went well until my weapon isolation link melted.
Here is a video:
http://media.putfile.com/testing-PQ
Listen for the drunk guy in the background asking us what we are doing. Laughing

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andrew

video wont work for me im afraid, says its ready then u click play and nothing then says its ready and u click play and nothing and rinse and repeat

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:19 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Yeah, same issue here. I even tried forcefully downloading it with DAP, but it only downloaded a 1kb file that doesn't even play. Sure you uploaded it Razz

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:30 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Hmmmm, took 18 months to remove the dome after its last competition. There's quite a bit of rust on a few parts but the bearings and hub are fine. The dome has an ID of 305mm and a wall thickness of 2mm. The internal height is 118mm between the base of the internal hub to the lip of the dome. Now I just need to figure out if I can fit a 300W scooter motor, two cordless drills, 24V of batteries and the electronics into that space. Or if I need to continue asking Gary for a wider dome. Better cranks up inventor. Never tried drawing a doll before.

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:32 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

A few people were asking my brother for drawings/pictures of the hub assembly, which he never posted. Well I've done some for ya.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:20 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Old school Prancing Queen setup. I still need the battery and then I'll add some bracing and teeth.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:05 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

That's really realy impressive Cool! I don't know all that much about tapered roller bearings, but wouldn't it be better to have the lower roller facing down?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:46 am 
Wazio88

Very cool... I always get a kick out of watching videos of this bot... Good to see some progress!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
That's really realy impressive Cool! I don't know all that much about tapered roller bearings, but wouldn't it be better to have the lower roller facing down?

Nope, as the whole lot would still slide off the shaft. These are car wheel bearing and designed to both face the same way. It also mean it is very quick to remove the dome.
I'm not liking the angled motors so I might either try stacking the motors so that one wheel is chain driven or I'll use the window winder motors I have sitting on the floor.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:37 am