www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Sproing (Team vertex)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

That is all we need. Sproing with even more control. We will all be finished.

You are a clever pair of builders.

Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:20 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Yesterday's picaxe controller session was fun..... 1 dead picaxe and some code that was dangerous Laughing I've got my ultra nifty adjustible soldering iron now, so making these boards will be easy, instead of doing heart surgery with a samurai sword like we normally do Razz

@Andrew: I've got another idea to fix the code. Going to write the code and test it on the bench, then will let you know how it goes so we can do further bot testing.

Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:11 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive got to get another paint pen lol so we can put a visible dot on the pic chipc to make sure we can see that they are in the right way lol

Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:04 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I always paint the pin 1 end with liquid paper.
*and* do the same with the sockets

you should try playing with a 16F877, its got 2 power/gnd connections, and they are off by one pin. Hook it up wrong and you get a dead short *through* the chip, fun fun fun.

oh btw another little trick, if you pull the chip from its socket often, put the chip into a machined pin socket, they are seriously robust and will stop you from bending the legs on the chips.
(so on your board you will have socket > socket > PIC)

Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

ive done a little bit of test driveing and so far the controler is behaveing i just need to repair some of my armour and this robot should be ready for robowars .

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:53 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Sproing is ready to go to Robowars and final weigh in is 13.565 kgs Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:38 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Sproing has had a few small mods mainly the front balanceig bars that keep geting broken of have been replaced with the old lifter forks I thought i had the lifter controler fixed as i found a dodgy conection on the board and ithas worked fine for several weeks now ..but yester day i decided to give it a drive after doing the balancing br mods and it didnt work then just before i started to pul itout it started working again .. if i cant get it reiable i will have to go back to useing my homemade servo controler it doesnt give me as much control but at least it works al the time .. if aron gets one of his better built boards finished i wil give them it a try as it might just be all my dodgy soldering of components

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:58 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive done a litle bit of moding on sproing mainlyon the lifter forks and armour . The lifeter controler is still playing up ..but im 90 percent sure its a lose conection some where either the board or my power wireing to the board i will pull it out later for a good check over and see if i can rectifie the problem once and for all .It lost me fights last time in Melbourne

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:02 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I think ive found sproings lift controler fault by acident ..ive had the board sitting here for two days now and have gone over every mm with a magnifing glass the meter told me nothing was wrong as well ..i was sitting with it in my hand and i hapened to catch one of the jumper straps with my finger nail and it lifted off its conection .. i think it was basicly just stuck with resin and not soldered properly, the tape i had over it all for insulation has probaly been holding it on but its been moveing when the robot gets bumped i will solder it properly and see what happens .. hopefully i dont have to pull sproings wiring har(n) mess out now .

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:48 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive soldered the dry joint and the lifter seems to be working much better than ever, it used to stutter a bit even when i first put the controler in so hopefully that has been the main problem the whole time. I just need to weigh it with the fork mods and it should be ready to rumble if its still underweight a few more wheel protection prongs will be added

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Hooray for Zoidberg Cool

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:26 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Aaron I think we can safely try another pic chip with your moded code now with out geting a false efect from that intermitant problem .

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:56 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive made a couple of sprongs on the wheels now so hopefully that will make it harder to get the wheel gaurds ramed into the wheels now Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

dang
oh well
reverse ram mode now active MUWHAHA ;->

all we need now is less burning of FET's

they really do have alot of fire in them you know.

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Been creating some more mesoplasma reactions there Jake ?

They *have* to put lots of smoke into FET's. We all know its the smoke that makes electronics work, and for FETs to conduct as much power as they do, they need a lot of smoke to do so.. Laughing

And of course, where theres smoke, there's fire.. Twisted Evil
(see the off-topic thread for some cool fire)

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger