Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Author    Thread
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

naw just 550's, more plentiful spares

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:42 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

I think I should link my stock "Excellent" picture.

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:33 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah it would seem to have a great many uses haha

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:48 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Banebots banebits have arrived Smile

Already retapped the mounting screw holes to M5, because 10-32 what is that i dont even

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 am 
frogbiscuit

3/16" 32 tpi

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

10-32 is hard to come by and expensive - unless you drop by my workshop! M5 will do just as well. Banebots has altered the design a bit; there is now less aluminium on the front face of the gearbox.

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks guys Smile
The only bit I could figure out was the 32 tpi but had no idea what was going on with the #10 bit Razz

Yeah there's not alot of spare material, but thats good for weight so I'm not complaining. M5 tap went through it perfectly, got a good bite with no drilling required, so I didnt lose much metal and I reckon there's still plenty of thread length and depth to give me enough screw tension for combat purposes. Plus i left the reverse side with its original 10-32 'murrica spec thread just in case.

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

So basically what you are saying you were selling all those drills as a decoy. Razz

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I have more banebots wheels if your chasing them, blue and orange types in 4" & 5"

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:54 am 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

steve: haha ill admit it looks that way. but ill be running those drills in Das Boot and they'll be backups incase of banebots banefailure

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Knightrous:
I have more banebots wheels if your chasing them, blue and orange types in 4" & 5"

Oooh, neat, could you please bring your 4" ones to the event incase I need to scab spares? I snagged 4x blue ones but who knows how long they will last Razz

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Okay, so robot building time, leaving things comfortably to the last minute as is my style, but there's not too much work required for Catastrophe fortunately. Thanks to Glen's upgrades, It was pretty well dialled in at the last Marayong event and basically performed like the robot I wanted it to be at least year's Nationals.

So this time around, it's a drivetrain upgrade. The P60's are going in to get me clear of this whole drill motor situation, so today greased them up and put them together. They seem very nicely made, minimal backlash, clearly good quality materials and manufacture. Everything went together nicely.

And made an adapter plate to locate them in the correct position in the frame, which also allowed me to avoid drilling holes in the Bizalloy rear plate. I used the existing ones to mount the adaptors. And since the hole are wide spaced enough, I could arrange it so that I could have an extra strap on top of the gearbox and RS550 as well. Not shown are extra nuts that will be holding down the adapter plate on the rear plate directly - need to go out tommorow and grab some more M6 nylocs. But you get the gist.

With that done, I just need to redrill and retap the ends of the shafts (I cut them down for frame clearance a tad) so I can fit a retaining washer and spacer to position the wheel in the correct position on the shaft.

Then I just wire up and whip up a couple of new top plates to suit. The old ones were heavy, annoying, and mounted through the big UHMW drill mounts which are no longer present.

Lick of paint after that and it'll be ready to pack for the trip.

Not pictured is the other upgrade, I've gone up to a higher C rating nanotech 5S Lipo (this time with a spare on hand too). Only slightly more capacity but it should be plenty as I never had an issue with this in the last event(s).

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:30 pm 
miles&Jules
Experienced Roboteer

Looking great cant wait to see it in action.....now I'm expecting a paint job that is as fancy as Das boot's ?Very Happy

-Pickasso- Vivid Sportsman champion 2015

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:48 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Mmm, not really sure I can top Das Boot but I can at least paint it up nice and clean again like it was last year Smile

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:44 am 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Has anyone taken apart a Turnigy L5055A or similar brushless?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19616__turnigy_l5055a_400_brushless_outrunner_400kv.html

I pulled out out cos it was binding a bit, particularly in one direction, and I cant get the bell off it. It looks like the shaft has a thicker section just infront of the snap ring on the front bearing that won't pull back through the bearing.

I tried undoing the grub screw at the rear of the bell but the shaft wouldnt budge, i even tried pressing it out gently and it wasnt going anywhere.

I have a spare motor, and it's fitted in the robot now, so it's nothing disastrous, but I'd like to have the 2nd one on hand in case of problems.

This one might still work if I spin it up and turns out its just got swarf in there or something and it flicks out, but I suspect its a loose magnet in the rear row of magnets in the bell that I can't see clearly with it assembled. Which is a bit crap cos it looks like the magnets are epoxied nicely from factory, at least the front ones

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:38 pm