www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

Need help with wiring.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Woody

You might actually get away with just 2 SY4072's ....the specs suggest that it will operate with a voltage of 7v...... this means you won't need the 6v relays.

I can't offer any guarantee that it'll work.

Blobs are switch contacts ....can't see any squiggly lines......unless you mean the relay coils between 85 and 86.

Good luck.

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

The main prob might be when the batery sags under drive load as the drive runs off the 6 volt suply.

I used cheap remote control car boards and initialy ran them from a 9.6 volt rechargable pack that would float at around 10.2 when fully charged but it only ran the reciever and the relays .later on i just conected it to 12 volts for the hell of it ,the board got a bit hot and smelly for a while then settled down and never had any probs with it( i think a resistor or something melted off though ) even though it was deshighned to run on 6 volts of dry cells lol .
Another way would be to use two drill fets to switch 12 volts direct to the relays ive used this method with some of my servo board relay reverse controlers ive built

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:10 pm 
Woody

Here's a link to try and help explain the functions of the relay ....plus you'll see the numbers refered to in my diagrams.

http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

The rest of the site is worth a browse...

http://www.bcae1.com/

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger