6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YT-DoPOvu8

XD hahahah havent you guys learnt how to go faster than 10mph yet Cool and why where there pieces falling off in that video Crying or Very sad

ohh ohh i remembered, i like bender too Very Happy if it had some fast drives in it, twould be most awesome.

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by andrew:
@Nick-U have to wait my friend as i got first grudge match against bane im afriad, i promise ill leave u something Razz Very Happy
:S

Starting to feel a bit like D'Artagnan here. Only need to pick one more duel I mean fight with one more bot. Let you guys work out who is Aramis , Athos and Porthos.
Very Happy

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:10 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Flipping little bits of wood or tires about looks cool, but I.G. or Scoopy both make a nice mess of non robotic bits too..

Very true - Jolt threw a piece of drill press clean out of the arena in Brisbane, but nobody would expect it to throw another bot more than a few metres horizontally. Also, tyres and wood don't drive around and fight back...

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:35 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote]I want to see a test with Marauder/Devastator against a *full* ~13Kg of weight. [/quote]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MpJpDuGBZVk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ePeoamzuy0

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:01 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Ah yes, Thanks, but I am quite aware that Marauder has fought full weight robots guys.. Smile

What I meant is that when making testing video's keeping the item being tested with at around the normal robot weight will allow an indication as to whether it has been improved or not.

Tossing a few Kg into the sky looks cool Smile But it doesnt tell me whether I should tell SideTracked to strengthen the roof or not.. Smile

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

yeah Stealth was hitting the roof with bricks, but not with bots Smile

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Jolt may not be "cool" as such, but it's when you're drawn to fight it and suddenly realise what damage it is capable of doing to your bot, you could get slightly worried! Laughing
EDIT: and Brett with all the powerfull vert spinners around now (and flippers)... what if that does happen? Twisted Evil

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:54 pm 
assassin

Cmon, Marauder for the best self-rights. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlk3V0JwV8U

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:00 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I am flattered that Marauder is considered, but I feal that an interesting or powerful weapon does not make a bot cool.

I think that Sidewinder and Sproing are both unique. I have not seen a robot just like that elsewhere. We have all seen flippers, spinners and wedges all around the world.

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:05 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

I am agreeing with George and Philip on this. Marauders extremely high flips earned it style points, as did Singularity’s extreme speed and Jolts destructiveness.
To me that is part of the reason for the style points, to reward exceptional abilities that are not adequately covered by the other criteria.

Coolest Robot means something else; Cool is part of Style but Style is a lot more than just cool.

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:53 pm 
assassin

Sorry guys I disagree. Its more than how a bot looks. It includes as well as appearance, style, attitude and of coarse behaviour(this is what wikipedia tells me anyway & I agree).

Also the way Jolt drives (for me) is not cool! Hitting arena walls with its spinner under no pressure from an opponent is a unforced error which is lame(No offence Nick, it's the nature of the beast....I hope Laughing ).

I love Sidewinder, I voted it coolest last year. But, has it won any battles? It has tons of appearance & style but a severe lack of attitude. It does no damage and can be pushed around very easily, not cool.

Sproing is very cool, but I just can't get the image of it burning away out of my mind. Andrew are you going to fix Sproing soon, if ever?

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Sidewinder has won 2 fights. It actually won it first by a judges decission against Budget Bot that ended up even on control, damage and aggression, but Sidewinder got all the style points. Which proves that style does win fights. Same thing happened to Prancing Queen against Cheeze Shredder.
Some people might say that style isn't worth paying attention to. But I guess those are the people that didn't listen to the audiance when Sidewinder was placed into the arena at Robowars 3 or when King Pinscher lifted Loki at Robowars 2 or when I tested the axe on Avenger before the melee at the Ideas Festival (I was sitting amongst the kids beside the arena while tapping the axe button Very Happy ).

Winning doesn't mean your the first one the audiance will remember a week later. Thats what I think of as cool.

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 pm 
assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Winning doesn't mean your the first one the audience will remember a week later. Thats what I think of as cool.

Spot on Daniel, here the blokes in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJpDuGBZVk (its hard to here) they loved it. These guys cames over too Phil in the pits and asked to take a picture with Phil them and Marauder! Remember Phil?

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:34 pm 
assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Winning doesn't mean your the first one the audience will remember a week later. Thats what I think of as cool.

Spot on Daniel, listen to the blokes in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJpDuGBZVk (its hard to here, there shouting) they loved it. These guys came over too Phil in the pits and asked to take a picture with Phil, them and Marauder! Remember Phil?

These guys thought Marauder owned, and was the best by far. They really wouldn't know but they liked what they saw.

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

This has become a very interesting topic.
Dont think theres a dead simple explanation of cool. In the course of this topic have to say that I have come to appreaciate that Jolt has coolness, guess when I think about that robot am thinking of something else.

Had this image in my head recently that might explain it better.
Imagine someone about to be executed and they turn to the executioner and say… 'Thats a nice shirt"

Anyway this might be incorrect but when I think of cool I dont see it stopping when you take the batteries out of your robot.
Its either cool or its not. take the batteries out of Sidewinder and its still cool.

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:05 am