www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

VIC: - Pre RoboWars Builders Meetings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Just a suggestion; how about midday? We can dine at Sidetracked and just see how things go as far as finish time.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:08 pm 
Andrew W

That sounds good. I'll be there.

Andrew W

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:36 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

see you then

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Well, a pretty low turnout for the last one meant I canceled out on friday and did some other things for the last builders meet. I hear those who did show had a good catch up though.

So, I would like to propose the final pre-RoboWars meet for the 6th or 7th of Jan. The last weekend before RoboWars. If you cant get your bot running for them, then you need to put in some serious effort if you expect to be a contender. remember the #1 tip for winning - finish your bot before you get to the event !

Just for a change, how about we meet at Garys house in Geelong ? I know its a bit of a drive, but he always drives to Melbourne (and further) for the meetings, and its a great spot if you need any last minute adjustments, weldings, or knick knacks for that final touch.

Comments ? Sat 6th, Sun 7th ? Time ? Geelong OK ?

And dont wait till the last minute without saying you'd like to come like some of you did last time please..

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Just wondering if the arena is going to be together far enough before the event to have a get together there, as you say the bots should be together by then and I am more in need of driving practice. Bane is good to go and just needs a few spare parts prepped for the actual event. Smile

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:28 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Neweyn = Free on 6th and 7th Geelong ok by Neweyn
Mat = working afternoon's so can't make it to Geelong on either day.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm 
Andrew W

At this stage I'm free both days and able to go down to Geelong or Sidetracked.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:02 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

SideTracked say the Arena *should* be together by next weekend, but cant guarantee it just yet. It depends on the workload of Darren (their inhouse MrFixit).

It will definitely be together by monday prior to RoboWars, so if anyone wants to get some driving practice in during they week you can, as long as you dont rip up the floor with your bot.

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Well; does anyone need help with their building? Making everyone drive to Geelong if the arena is up doesn’t seem to be the best use of circumstance.

If you need IG3 earlier I can take him to work and you can pick him up there or I can put him on a courier, he should be ready by Wednesday at a guess.

Either that or I can bring him to Sidetracked in running condition and you can put your radio in then.

Swap your Andrew mods in during the next week and still time for the paint to dry. Cool

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:49 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Our bot's are ready to go, it would be good to get some areana practise in but going to geelong is fine with me, Probably going to go down with andrew if we're going.

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:03 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Any news from David, Jason, either Tim, Moth, Daniel, The Net Bot crew or anyone else?

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:27 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I havent chased up David, Jason said he will compete, but isnt back until the 2nd of Jan, Tim Forde is busy working so doesnt have time to rebuild his bot, but has offered to Judge, Rick (moth) has a lot of personal stuff on at the moment, but is going to try and repair vincents electronics and be there, Daniel is going to compete (he was going to do a forum post last night after I checked with him, but obviously didnt make it), and I have no information about the NetBot Crew.

in that case, it looks like it will be about the same numbers as last year, which isnt bad, considering Vertex arent bringing their usual Swarm and things have been quiet in Vic for the last 6 months.. which may change if Sidetracked can come up with a plan to get the Arena together and take over the event admin for me..

There are still a few NSW'ers who are unconfirmed too..

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:04 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Which NSW'ers arn't confirmed?

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:16 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Jake and Andrew (DumHead)

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:28 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

So the Vic NSW numbers could end up even, 8 to 10 all, remember Nick was talking about Scissorhands the under cutter to.

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:14 am