www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Metal Mahem Kilkivan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

The Arena is nearly set up just some finishing touches tommorow then i can get a couple of bots ready .The cheese needs a wheel changed heamorage needs a limit switch fixed and some screws tightned and vl needs its wheapon teeth welded back on and its aerial fixed .i hope thats all lol .What time does every one want to kick off ..

Also Aaron and i were thinking of the round robin style again as it worked good last time ..is every one agreeable to that ?

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:42 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Yep, I vote for the round robin battle system again, it was heaps of fun last time and everyone had an equal amount of battles, plus it was still very relaxed Cool

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:56 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I agree with Aaron.

Andrew, you should leave the sleepers until we are there to give you a lift.

Trent, I look forward to seeing your self-righter.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:02 am 
assassin

Bot not built yet Phil(need another 4 weeks)! Do you wanna see components, or a demo self-right in a test frame??

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I want to see the components and the construction methods. The self-right test video looks very convincing. I have read about PVC rams online, but have never seen one ITRW.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am 
assassin

No probs Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

@Philip: Andrew and I put the sleepers in lastnight, so it's one less thing to do on the day Razz

@Trent: Another 4 months you mean Wink

@Andrew: I'll pick up some snags/bread rolls/coke cans during my lunch break today and bring them over tonight.

Can we have some bot confirmations please... The event is tomorrow Cool

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Orange and I will be there. The batteries are cycling now to make sure they play happily tomorrow. Alex has not said yes or no, but I wont be holding my breath.

I will ask if I can borrow two of the toy cameras from work (the type Trent used last time).

Karen is pulling the bathroom and toilet apart tomorrow and combining them into one room. What a shame I will be playing robots.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'll have the round robin draw up drawn up in 20 minutes. Watch this space Razz

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:43 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

7 Robots, 7 Rounds, 3 Fights per round, 1 Bye per round, 21 Fights total + 1 optional end of day Rumble.
If you see any double up battles in there, please let me know and I'll correct it. I'll have the spreadsheet running on the laptop at th event, so if either of the Kerison's bring a memory stick/memory card you can take a copy of the Excel (Or OpenOffice) to make doing the rankings quicker.

Over next few events, I'm looking at building a PHP/MySQL based program for handling our events. Should be able to input each robot into the program at the beginning of the day, with their current RoboWars Ranking and the program will manage all the wins/losses and produce a final ranking at the end of the day. Daniel, if you can, could you bring a copy of the formulae you use to calculate the rankings with you on Saturday, I just want a bit of an insight on how to impliment it into my proposed program.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:45 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Aaron ive got snags just some cans and bread rolls as the kids got stuck into the ones in the freezer Oh and the Broom rember the broom ...dont forget the Broom ..... Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:47 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Mm i liked the idea of picking the first draw from the hat with every one there ..can we still do that on the day? and then you can just chuck the names in the computer as they are drawn?

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:52 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Picking the names out of a hat first thing in the morning isn't required. Every robot is going to fight every other robot regardless. If your worried about people turning up with their robot configured with attachments to fight their first opponent, I can just shift the rounds around on the morning so it will not work. It takes about 3 clicks of a mouse Cool

Cans and Bread rolls it is Cool And the broom... I'll chuck that in the car in 5 mins Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:09 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

nah just dont want any whinging that it was picked this way or that to advantage any one ..i just thought the random picking made with every one there made sure that it was purely a random selection ..if every one is happy with that draw i dont realy care then leave it as is .

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:25 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

With the round robin system, it doesn't matter. Every robot is going to fight every other robot. There are no advantages or disadvantages. You might complain that you drew VL in the first round, but everyone else will also fight VL, so there shouldn't be any whinging Razz

The first round was semi-configured to make sure Team Vertex bots weren't fighting Team Vertex bots first round, and same with Hell Firelabs(I'm sure they don't want to drive all the way from Brissy to beat each other up in the first match, they can save that for round 2 Very Happy). Then every other round after it is slightly engineered to make sure we don't end up fighting the same opponent twice.

I repeat. There is NO advantages/disadvantages with the pre-drawn round robin system. You WILL fight EVERY other robot in the competition, one round or another Razz Okay..... First one to whinge gets to fight Vertex Cool

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:49 am