www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboNeighbours Screening Dates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

RoboNeighbours Screening Dates

Hi Everyone, I've just confirmed with Channel 10 the dates that the episodes of neighbours we recently filmed will be screening..

The first scene is on Monday the 23rd of August , where the bots are bought into the story and they start building throughout that week, and it continues into the second week starting the 30th August and later during that week is the climactic battle scene and aftermath.

Of course, there will the be the other parallel plot lines going on throughout the show, so it wont be non-stop robot stuff, which is why the robot bits are mixed in over two weeks worth of episodes. Sorry, but you'll either have to get some soapy watcher to tape it for you and fast forward to the good bits, or sit through two weeks worth of exciting soaps drama (dont get addicted !)

Also remember they didnt have a Lexan arena, and despite temptaion, we werent allowed to accidentally kill any of the actors, so the bots that are in there arent the dangerous spinners, so the fight scene might be a bit tame, although some of the camera work and angles should be awesome.. I havent seen the final edited result yet either, so I hope it all turns out well. They tell me the director of the show was very pleased with the final result.

Enjoy the first appearance of Australian Combat Robots on TV, lets hope we can swing some more soon.. I like the way things are moving along.. Wink

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

The wise man has spoken, go forth followers and prep your recording devices. It will be a hard journey of two weeks prevailing over the soapie drama, but the rewards are great. Smile

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:54 pm 
chris

hmmm, is there any recognition to the hard working (yeah right Laughing ) robot builders of australia ?

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:46 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

not really, other than the fact they asked us to help them out.

Its not a show about Combat Robots, its a show about the soap characters, who decide to build some robots, so having the stars bow off the stage and thanking the people who made this story possible wouldnt be very likely.. it would spoil the un-reality that soapy fans live in.. Rolling Eyes

Just be glad of the publicity.. If you take into account how many countries and millions of people watch Neighbours around the world, its probably going to be one of the most seen Combat Robots thing ever..

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Well even though its cool I CANNOT stand even about 20 mins of soapy stuff. Ill watch somebody who taped it and knows when the good bits r. I may give in but i really hate neighbours and all soapies. death to soapies.

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:39 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

not to fear andrew i shall brave the 30 minutes of pain each night. here i come neighbours Mad

i cant wait for my friends to see it, itll make me look really cool now lol Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:44 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Can someone post the videos of the robot battles on the net?

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:31 pm 
Windhammer

personaly i HATE neighbours! but there are some HOT girls on neighbours Razz
and well ill watch it.

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:58 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

No robots last night.
I can't figure out how robots fit into it yet. My brother was getting annoyed with me calling ways they'll first see a robot.
the cops were climbing a tree "oh, they'll see people with robots on the other side of the park"
they are watching footy on TV "oh, they'll see an add for a robot comp"
someone has to go outside to get something for the shed "oh, she'll walk down the path and Ball Peen will jump out of the garden and attack her"

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

mmm mabee it could be because its not monday the 23rd of august yet Very Happy

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:04 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I know.
I wish he would SHUT UP!!!!

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Well, I wont spoil the plot by telling you what happens (besides I'm not allowed to), but from what I know (I havent seen the final edited show yet either), you'll know when the robots begin to make an appearance in the show.. Laughing

Is anyone going to tape the whole thing ? I'd like to, but I'm rarely home when neighbours screens.. ideally, I'd like it taped on a digital video cam with an analog input hooked up to the analog video output of a VCR.

That way, you use the VCR's tuner to pickup the TV station, but get it on digital tape instead of VHS, which makes it much easier to capture to a computer, then edit out all the ads and non-relevant plots and just get the robot bits compiled into a nice short watchable "highlights" bit..

Any volunteers with DigiCams and regular work/home schedules to do that ? I'll offer $50 + tape costs for a DV tape containing all the episodes if someone can do it for me. its spread out over 2 weeks worth of episodes I believe.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:10 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

I`ll just have to put the timer on the VHS and watch it when I get home.
But what happens if I get addicted to Nieghbours Shocked , are there any drugs for that? Confused

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:23 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

yes, they're called "home and away", oh and then manybe "days of our lives" as a refresher course.. if that doesnt work then we surgically remove your sadly addicted eyeballs.. Twisted Evil

Watching any amount of soaps is bad for your brain IMO. please practise safe-TV when channel surfing through soap-land or you might get caught in their gravity field and drawn to your doom.. Laughing

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:25 am 
andrew

i hear that. Or as my brother watches some of the american news crap thats on. Its all mindless debates and jamming your opinion down others throats etc.

I spent 5 mins watching Ridge and the bold and beautiful crew i was immediately less intelligent.

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:35 am