www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Robot Wars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

No offence Andrew, but with out having any real failsafing on Scrap and it's tendancy to go out of controll, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to do demos in the car parks of hobby stores. Maybe Glen and Cobra or Wayde with TSE. But if you bought a FS1 failsafe for Scrap and installed it, I'd say you would be a much safer person Wink

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:47 pm 
andrew

bah too much money. Scraps fine just needs common sense when being handled and unless its just me at a fine distance or scraps behind some sort of safety barrier then i am super cautious.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:46 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i always take the robot when i go in to a new hobby store, not to flog sponsorship but more so they know what im buying it for, and so in the future im hoping they will stock more of the stuff we need.

hobbypro has already started stocking 7ah SLA batteries and triton, supernova chargers so i guess where getting somewhere.

ah yes speaking of failsafes you can buy a nice little one at hobbypro for $30, more than worth it for you i should think andrew, given the 4 odd runaways scrap has had out of the last 5 times weve been at jeffs.....

[/quote]

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

this said if we have any plans in vic to run something i'm in

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:36 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
No offence Andrew, but with out having any real failsafing on Scrap and it's tendancy to go out of controll [...] if you bought a FS1 failsafe for Scrap and installed it, I'd say you would be a much safer person

quote:
bah too much money. Scraps fine just needs common sense when being handled and unless its just me at a fine distance or scraps behind some sort of safety barrier then i am super cautious.

BTW, Andrew, I dont mean to be nasty or anything, but if you cannot demonstrate some form of working failsafe on Scrap, you will not be welcome to compete at the next RoboWars event (if you were thinking of coming down).

If you cant afford a $30 failsafe unit (especially for for a bot with an active weapon), we cant afford to have you having accidents in the pits at a public event. Sorry, but its not fair to risk other peoples safety because you cant afford to follow the rules.

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Well of course Brett. Thats not a problem. I would rather run scrap with just a wedge on it than use a saw and risk an accident. I want to build something else to bring down as i am sick of working on scrap anyway's.

It does failsafe also for some reason. I have tested it at home before the event and it does. weird i know but yeah. The only reason scraps saw went off at the ahnialator was when i wanted to check the drive and the trims on it etc i didnt have the weopon controll stick on the right direction and i should have disconnected teh weopon batetry before anyway's.

But if i do plan to bring either scrap or another full body spinner or vert spinner etc i will definitely buy a failsafing unit.

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:15 pm