www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Robots in Grantville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Author    Thread
Andrew W

I've just uploaded to Filefactory my 6 minute compilation of the pyrotechnic events at Grantville.

Here is the link for the low quality file
http://www.filefactory.com/file/dfdbe2/
This file is 22.5MB, its encoded in DivX fast motion.
The better quality file is around 60MB and is encoded in Microsoft MPEG 4 V3 which is available here.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b9c301/

I decided against background music in mine, so there is just some commentary from me Smile

Regards

Andrew W

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:15 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

Good mix of the piro stuff Andrew. The bigger file didnt seem to work , or i couldnt find it more likeley.
there will be more piro stuff on the 26th most of witch will be arena mounted since this will be a real event.

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:25 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

We are looking to have a builders meeting on or around the 19th Aug.
The failsafe location is sidetracked, though if anyone is happy to have a meet at there house as long as it is centeral,(sory Garry Wink )friday night Saturady or Sunday,hands up.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:08 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Good idea Sidetracked fine with me, no real preference for which day. Smile

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:33 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Hello is anybody out there? Its next weekend isn’t it ?

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hmm, Seems like everyone has died in Victoria at the moment.. Rolling Eyes Well, nearly everyone..

The bad news is, I'm booked up with other commitments (weddings and weekends away with friends etc) for the next 2 weekends, so I wont be able to make the 19th. Crying or Very sad September 2 is looking like the first free weekend at this stage. - But, if you guys are all ready for a builders meet, go ahead - I dont have to be at all of them.. Laughing

However, there is no reason we cant hold a builders meeting one weekday evening if we are just having a get-together to plan whats coming up. Say 6pm till 9 or 10 one night ? Does anyone have a problem with this ? It might be easier to get everyone together since a few of us are engaged on weekends at present.

The good news is, that I am working on several things in the background and Sidetracked are keen to hold a couple more meetings before the big January one. Apparently they have been getting quite a few calls from the public wanting to know when the next RoboWars is on. Very Happy

I'm catching up with Barry (SideTracked owner) one evening this week to lock in some dates.

They are having a big international LaserForce meeting in about 4 weeks and are keen to do a one-afternoon/evening event then if we can scruff up enough awake builders, so Vics, if you're lurking out there, put up your hand.

I'm also seeing if we can turn the upcoming Model Engineers Exhibition into a "public-demo" casual competition day, perhaps with some of Danny's polycarb walls there, so we can do demo matches and the like at the big Monash show.

Then I'm going to see about a another day at Sidetracked around November as a warm-up to RoboWars 4, and work with Danny to hold a competition event down at Grantville too.

And finally, I'm talking with a school principal who wants to get an inter-school Robowars competition underway and working on some ideas for a standardised "kit" bot that the various schools can build and then customise. Thats looking quite interesting and could be a good way to get some new teams forming up.

If we can put together a kit of parts, it should make it easier for people to get started without having to learn the hard way what all the "good bits" to use are, and where to find them.. SideTracked are also interested in stocking a few of these and can even help out with fabrication of a standard chassis builders can work from.

So guys, if you're lurking out there, show some signs of life - we have stuff in the works, but I'm not too confident on the amount of interest from the builders at the moment, reassure us EO's that all this stuff is worth organising will you ?

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

That all sounds great brett, unfortunetly due to work commitments, weeknights I'm usually working atm and shift swaps are difficult.
Team NMO will be in on anything you've got comming up but were both shift workers so we'll be there if we can.

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Spockie-Tech:

And finally, I'm talking with a school principal who wants to get an inter-school Robowars competition underway and working on some ideas for a standardised "kit" bot that the various schools can build and then customise. Thats looking quite interesting and could be a good way to get some new teams forming up.

If we can put together a kit of parts, it should make it easier for people to get started without having to learn the hard way what all the "good bits" to use are, and where to find them.. SideTracked are also interested in stocking a few of these and can even help out with fabrication of a standard chassis builders can work from.

Brett, i'm planning on doing something like that for my MDP for year 12, just to let you know. So yeah... might be interesting. Smile
Edit: I won't say much, but the idea is to bridge the gap between building kits, such as lego, and the world of custom fabrication. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:49 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Well i'm up for it but needs to be during the day working at night

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:25 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

We cant have a bot meet with out you Brett, that would be like having a war without a tactical adviser Wink
Are we still keen on an Ultibot meet?
I have a better site to play on. Its an old Quarry site near the factory you all went to. I'll post some pics. this place is cool it has heaps of level ground similar to the surface we were concidering at the factory but there are no roads or houses near by. High wall on all sides and lots of evevated viewing spots looking down to the area. Oh and I do have owner permission. Rolling Eyes
Weekdays are better for me by the way.

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:40 pm 
aeldric

That sounds fantastic!

I wonder what happens if I do this.......

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:44 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Oh yea as for event wise I'm aiming for a robot mid Jan can't prommise anything before that

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:58 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Happy thought; getting to drive my Dalek inspired Ultibot around in a genuine disused quarry and destroys things. Somehow that just seems right. Very Happy
Thank you Danny, I am very” keen”. I have an awful lot of building still to do though. August 26 is getting very close; from the sound of it Brett’s not available for the 26th so TAT wont be playing Ultibot.

Just wondering how the other Ultibot competitors are going?

Looks like a builders meet that suites everyone is a bit difficult, are there things we can work out via the forum?

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:18 am 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

Sure, thats probably a good idea for now, we can decide on all the basic details here on th forum and I don't mind calling around for those who seem to not really follow the forum, we can have a meeting any time.

Who is going to be a part of this Ultibots day any how?
I know of only 3 maby 4 other bots.
I have finished my Bullant bot and have another on the way, should be finished by the 26th.
Hands up if your robot can drive on dirt.(and live to drive again).

Last edited by Daniel Marshall on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:18 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

One thing that I would like to just check on; the arena event is going to be the first round of the VIC state series for the featherweights?

The Rotwang team is hoping to front with 3 Ultibots, Buldoze,Ultidrum and Pyrobot.
For the feather comp we will probably bring Reboot, Bender and? TBA maybe Skeletor Smile

Not enough parts to go round for an arena lightweight and I think George was going to use King Pin in the Ultibot comp so there is not likely to be any other lightweights there if Bull Ant is playing Ultibot's.

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:12 pm