www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

2006 ANNIHILATOR - NSW
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Author    Thread
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

2006 ANNIHILATOR - NSW

Well under instructions from the NSW masses we have decided to hold an Annihilator event this year and after checking through a few dates we are gonna go with the last weekend of sept ...friday 29th sept ,sat 30th and sunday 1st oct....sorry but we need to fix this date so its fixed .
im sure its not going to suit everyone but thats how it goes .
NSW INVITES everyone in australia to attend and once again it will be held in AUSTRALIAS premier underground arena "THE SHED"
No flashy giant screens ,no public to entertain ,no bells and whistles,just hard core battling just for the builders, where all the talking is done in the arena.
Having the last 3 robowars winners competing all at once, to me makes this the one event where all the top ranked teams and robots can sought it out without having to worry about anything but battling.
An event where everyone can relax and not have to fuss with other peoples needs ...
i would think it will be the normal robowars event type with one on one battles
i would like to see the tag team event run again as i think that was great the first time it was done ...but whatever occurs it will need to be a 3 day event at this stage ,or at least 2.5 days .cheers chris

Last edited by chrisjon65 on Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:29 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

So come on! This event will be awsome Cool

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:08 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Mmmm... 2.5 days of raw combat... No games... Just combat... Very Happy I like it... I LIKE IT ALOT Twisted Evil

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:35 pm 
Knight

I'm going to set myself a challange:

Team Haphazard WILL be making an appearance. Weather its with an untested (in combat) bot or a battle seasoned bot, but (as soon as school finishes on the friday) i will arrive and fight till i or the bot drops

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:00 pm 
andrew

Yeah come on all u interstaters, only people that it may effect is Rob and knight as thee got HSC soonish i think round then but besides that make the trek back up here for a weekend of utter chaos and mayhem and obsolute fun.

Weve travelled to both brisbane and victoria over last few years to fight yall so this time yall come to us, weve won last three robowars so come on and get your revenge already and take back your title.

I reckon if the whole concept of pure battling and just plain fun doesnt draw u up here we could put in maybe 20$ each or whatever and have a descent prize draw for the winners or for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Accomodation will e supplied by every local builder that has a free bed of space on a floor and ive got enough for a few peeps if anybody is interested.

Also on hand will be nar kart madness quiet possibly and anything else that is fun and wacky.

So come on yall, come and have a go if u think your hard enough

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:08 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

sounds good, cobras there and hopefully raiden will be too, some people can come and flag out here too i reckon, ill ship the parents out and we can have a big ole fashion robot partay Very Happy

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I'll see if I can make it along to this one. I'd like to go to an event where I can just work on the robot and not worry about organising everything as well for a change.. Wink

One thing that worries me with a big field at marayong is if the pits have to extend around the side of the shed, theres only a thin galvanised sheet between them and the bots Shocked .

I imagine most people would be standing looking through the polycarb, and you have the low steel wall, so it might be ok, but can you think of anything to add along that wall to add some protection up higher ?

A layer of wire net or something that can move might take the bite out of any flying chunks before they hit the gal walls, any other suggestions ?

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

That might be an idea, however with orbit we've found that even if shrapnel does go flying (for example kangs blade at full speed) it doesnt do that much damage to the sides, just the arena lights Laughing Not sure what we could do which wouldn't be exceedingly ugly or cost an arm or a leg, maybe we should line that arena with mdf as well?

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:26 pm 
andrew

chieken wire to protect lights, like a layer across the roof sorta area below eveyrthing and from sides, will look horrible but will work a treat

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

just stick the clear vinyl pvc that used to be the front wall around the sides. problem solved, theres tons of it there.

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:29 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

This will fall on the end of my term 3 holidays, the Monday after the event I'll need to be back at school. So as long as I got the dates right and Gary can drive back Sunday night I should be able to make it.

I took some impact pictures from shrapnel on polycarb, fragments from what I believe was a drill press smashed by Jolt
http://www.robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1232
http://www.robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1231

Last edited by Rob Team Rotwang on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:35 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Just watched that testing vid with jolt hurling orbit's old frame from a hit into the wall, it left a ding but didnt penetrate it, i think because it's so thin it sort of absorbs shocks. Glen's ldea with the plastic is good Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

That sounds like a really good offer to us; turning up at an event and just competing for a change. Smile

The way the opposition is getting tougher it’s got to the stage that messing around with extra bots to keep the crowd entertained is starting to get a bit much.
At this stage you can put the Rotwang team down for 3 feathers and a lightweight.

Just regular one on one battling suites us, if you are going to do the tag team event again could you post the match rules before hand, we found it difficult last time as the rules were being worked out on the day. Confused

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:53 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

this an event for just the builders no need to fuss, stubbies and thongs ,with toe guards are excepted .not sure on glens pants but ill do my best

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:17 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
not sure on glens pants but ill do my best

5 months leaves me alot of time for preperation Razz

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm