www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

RoboWars WIKI Online - The RoboWars Encyclopedia of Widsom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(uploads/FileUpload/Sproing.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/robowars/public_html/wikka/actions/files.php on line 100

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpAIs0Ue' to 'uploads/FileUpload/Sproing.jpg' in /home/robowars/public_html/wikka/actions/files.php on line 100
There was an error uploading your file.

Help Confused

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:35 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hmm.. told you there might be a few bugs to Iron out.. Rolling Eyes
Try that now.. Just getting a handle on what permissions are required.
I think I've got it..

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Works like a charm!

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

For me, the Wiki is already out of control Shocked. People need to look before they leap and not post conflicting or identical topics. We don't need dual topics for Featherweights and the stuff on Beetles I transfered seems to have been orphaned. Let's have less blind enthusiasm and more consideration!

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I haven't touched the Beetles or Featherweight stuff. I've only added in a load o TeamVertex stuff and set up the Robot Stats page so all the teams are show with their bots directly below them for easy viewing. Also allows a page for each team to talk about themselves.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Yes, it will take a little while for everyone to get the hang of it and keep the information nicely organised I'm sure..

Tons of Information is no use in a chaotic heap.. If you change things, try to make sure it doesnt break anything please..

Thanks everyone though for diving in and getting some content rolling along, now lets see if we can keep it useful.. Smile

BTW, it might be obvious to some, but If you want to see whats been added or updated, the "recent changes" link at the top will show whats been happening, like the "new posts" button on the forum.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

I changed the beetleweight link to bettleweights and it now takes you to Nick's resource page. You can undo it if you dislike it.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

The problem with that page is its linking to the page Motors etc
not anything specific to beetles

I made up pages for all the other weight classes currently in opperation here

Hmm it probbly should just be classes and include woodbots and that one from Vic.
AustralianCompeditiveClasses

I also created a format for people who want to fill out the pages and put information specific to motors etc for those clases.
so beetlemotors is seperate from heavymotors

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

A question for Glen:

You have Kang's combat record as 3 wins and 6 losses. I have it down as only having 1 win and 6 losses. Where did the other 2 wins come from? Are you NSW guys screwing me around still?

Marayong XIII = 1 loss -> No second fight due to retirement
Marayong XIV = 1 loss -> No second fight due to retirement
Marayong XV = 1 win, 2 losses
RoboWars III = 2 losses

I should use this thing to store event trees.

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:00 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

MM it all looks to complicated for me i think i wil jsut stick to reading in the forum section Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:22 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

It will get better.. Laughing

Its only been up a day or so, and everyone has different ideas. and are all working on different sections. once the dust settles and its all tied together sensibly, I think it has a lot of potential to be a great summary of whats going on....

The forums are great for discussing ideas and back and forth chat, but they present a difficult-to-follow mountain of information interspersed with lots of off-topic quips for newbies to wade through.

Where on the forum would you point them if they wanted to know all about modifying drill motors ? There are 50 different threads they would have to search through.. Once the Wiki Stabilises, there will be a few pages with condensed, peer-reviewed "How-to..." guides, photos, event reports and so on.

It should make it a lot easier for people to get a handle on what they need to know without having to wade through the day to day chatter of the forum.

I think the two will complement each other nicely in the end. give it some time to settle down.. Wink

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:49 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:

You have Kang's combat record as 3 wins and 6 losses. I have it down as only having 1 win and 6 losses

probably because you dont include 3 way fights in your ranking tables. kang came 2nd at marayong XV so if it is possible for a robot to win the event with only 2 wins then ill be doing good this year Laughing ah and ive corrected it to 2 wins as well, god only knows where the 3rd came from Confused might have included byes or some shat.

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

are categories turned on in this?

It may make sense for the tech articles page etc to really point to the category, it'll self organise then

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

Thaught, stick a link to the wiki on the robowars.org page

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:58 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I will be doing that soon Razz

I thought I'd leave the Wiki in "beta" for a little while before linking it in to the view of the general public, and putting up a zero-content wiki. but its developing nicely and will be linked in next website update which should be later this week.

Thanks to everyone who's helped get it rolling so far.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:23 pm