www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboWars III - Judgement Day - Jan 14/15 of 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Having the drivers go into the arena to disable their robots is a good idea. I trust nobody suffered any serious injuries during the event.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:53 am 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I don't think there were any problems apart from the occasional weapon stuck on, which were disabled before exiting the arena.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Mel
Site Admin

It was a very safety orientated event. l didn't hear or see any silly/dangerous things.

The only thing l had a problem with, was that the below instructions, given prior to this event, were ignored by some and one in particular.

quote:
The pits do have a carpeted floor, and we would naturally prefer that any drilling, filing etc that would be hard to vacuum up be done in the little storage room at the back.

It was NOT appreciated at all Evil or Very Mad The next ignoramas that does this will be handed the vaccum cleaner and then asked to spend the next hour and a half cleaning the entire pit area up. To just waltz in - make a mess - and waltz out without any concern for others that are left to scrape a million little flecks of metal up because you couldn't be bothered is just RUDE.

We had a dedicated room for any of this sort of thing so its not as if they didn't have a choice.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:01 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I know my desk ended up covered in filings as a lot of people came down there for drilling, and some probably ended up on the floor over the weekend.
We did try to keep such activities in the back room as much as possible, but it was sometimes crowded in there, especially with all the chairs.

Maybe next time it'd be possible to get an old wooden table or a sheet of ply to cover one of the normal tables, so a permanent drilling table could be set up in the back room?

I think people were more worried about trying to drill on a nice tiled floor than they were about drilling on the desk where they could at least prop things up and have the filings caught by the cardboard.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Knightrous
Site Admin

Is someone able to post up a complete tree of all the battles? I'm still behind on some of the battles and would like to know who fought who Razz

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks for organising the evnet guys!, but now its over its time to harrass!

Brett when do we get the go-kart lap times scanned and put up? Very Happy

and while I am at it is the dvd ready yet?? Laughing

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:13 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay in my event reports and results etc guys.

I'm busy chugging through the backlog of computers that were waiting to be fixed while I took time off to finish our bots and organise the event.. got a few customers who need to be sorted first. I'll try to get some time in tonight or tomorrow to get results/trees and reports typed up.

Thanks once again to the Kero's for their "Instant Video" results. If it wasnt for them, I probably would have been mobbed by now.. Wink

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well where to start
This years event was awsome there was a lot of strong competition .I had some problems with my lifter on sproing that i should have looked at but put it down to radio probs ive now realised it was my relays not clicking in with low voltage through the voltage regulator costing me some fights ..
Stewat did a great job with the cheese especialy against IG in that battle as he worked hard keeping up agresion and control with only one side driveing . David did well with vertical limits only to be knocked out because of the exposed power link geting riped out from the drum spinner when he got fliped upsdie down .I wil try and put the link or a switch in side the bot now .
I cant rember most of the fights so am looking foward to seeing all the video clips to recount .
All in all i think every one had a good time .A big thanks to George for letting us stay at his house again and a Special thanks to Brett and Mell for organising the event and spending so much of their own money and time to put on a good show.

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I have finaly got all of the videos of the actual comp up ( http://kkeerroo.zippyvideos.com/gallery.z ) plus the Wacky racing and a pits highlights. Still got the lightweights, melee, grudge matchs and testing videos to go.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Just keeping up with you Andrew Razz I only have two more of your videos to upload to Botclips.net Razz

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:00 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Major thanks Andrew Very Happy . A great job with the filming and your efforts to have them available for others to see. Thankyou Thankyou.

Thankyou Aaron also.

P.S - where's the fight that l let I.G win? Wink

*Edit: just saw the film clip of the pits area!!!! Brilliant!!!! l'm going to watch it again Cool Very Happy Laughing Cool

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:23 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Ah yes. I have the video, I just didn't write it down my list. I will upload it as soon as my brother stops hogging the internet.
If anyone knows of any others that I have missed can you please point them out and I'll see if I can find them.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mel
Site Admin

You've done well. Sheesh! we dont need a DVD now with all your efforts Very Happy

l think the pits clip deserves 'honours' - it sums the weekend up just perfectly. If you haven't seen it yet - DO IT NOW Razz

Dont worry 'bout the I.G V's Scoops clip Wink l have already told everybody that l let him win anyway Twisted Evil

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:01 pm 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

where is it? (im tired, its late and i cant be bothered hunting round the net for it Rolling Eyes )
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:41 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Did Cobra lose any fight other than the final? If not, should Stealth have to beat Cobra twice for a win as was discussed after last RW?

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:13 am