www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboWars III - Judgement Day - Jan 14/15 of 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

RoboWars III - Judgement Day - Jan 14/15 of 2006

The RoboWars III date is now confirmed !
January the 14th and 15th is your fighting Machine's date with Destiny..

A weekend full of insane engineering, creative carnage, mechanical mayhem, destructive despair, and technological triumph.

The *only* public robotic combat show in Australia where the competition is intense, and the eyes of the public are upon you as you lay it on the line. You dont know what real combat pressure and adrenalin is like until you hear the roar of the crowd as the sparks fly and the smoke billows.

We will most likely be running from around 10 or 11 am Saturday until 7pm Sunday night. We will be organisng some social thingies for the biulders in the evening, so for those journeying Interstate on the big silver birds, try and get your planes in *early* on Saturday and out *late* on Sunday as a minimum. Friday/Monday would be better if you can swing it.

Scheduling will be calculated soon, and we *may* have to limit the number of entrants to 32 bots in the featherweight field to fit it all in.

If so, preference will be given to experienced competitors provided they get their entry in before a cutoff date (to be announced). If we get too many rookies, a preliminary "qualifying elimination" may be required for the rookies to win a spot. We'll see how the entries go.

A modest *pre-paid* Entry fee will be required by the cut-off date to secure your place in the field, and if sponsorship plans go well, then I hope to fully refund this entry fee when you arrive at the event with your bot *ready to compete*. This will reward those who commit early even if the field doesnt completely fill up.

If you do not get your confirmed and paid entry fee in before this date, the entry fee will be significantly higher for last-minute entries (assuming there are any places left). Late Entries and Competitors who show up with incomplete bots will NOT have their entry fee refunded. I hope this will encourage more competitors to be properly prepared rather than building in the pits and allow me to have a clear idea of who is coing and who isnt well prior to the event making it better organised for everyone..

Prizes are a definite, details soon. Dont worry, I'll make it worth fighting for.. Twisted Evil

There will be complete details posted as it develops, this is a preliminary announcement to enable you to begin planning your journey to the winners square.

Anything else people need to know while I work on the details ?

Get ready to Rumble...

Last edited by Spockie-Tech on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Great news Brett, I will do my utmost to attend Very Happy !

A few thing I would like to know before the event:

Pit area dimensions and facilities per team,
    Any limits on the number of people per team.
    Any special safety requirements not covered in the general rules
    Minimum times between battles (for recharging)
    Radio frequencies allowed

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:25 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

is it too early to start registering is my question hehe. if not put me down for 1 featherweight only please Smile just send me the address to send the money and it shall be done.

oh yes and aaron and i will make sure you all vomit profusely at our newly inherited fashion sense Cool

OMG im so excited Razz *dances*

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

WOOOO!!!!

Can I have a single featherweight entry reserved for me please Cool

Oh yeah, our fashion is gonna kill some opponents Twisted Evil

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:04 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

I would also like a position reserved Very Happy

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:25 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Register Scoopy thanks! She's been bored long enough. Time to take home the trophy Twisted Evil

Last edited by Mel on Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:24 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

[quote="Nick"]
[list]Pit area dimensions and facilities per team,

About half a trestle-table per robot with a reasonable amount of room snd floor space around it.

Facilities ? 240v power is easily available with many outlets sufficient for the teams. Coffee and Water in the pits. Food supplied in the Cantina

SideTrackeds Workshop is available (under supervision of their staff) for welding, grinding, hammering and anything too nasty to do in the nice carpeted pit area.

Secure Pit Area with no public access.

1 Driver, 1 Team mate per Robot. for 2 people per competing bot.
exceptions will be considered, but extra pit passes will not be handed out for your little cousin, Auntie May or best mate. serious competitors and crew ONLY. We want to keep the body count in the pits as low as possible.

*Punctuality*. If you are late to show for a match. you loose. No Arguments.. Minimum charges times granted will most likely be 1/2hr. It usually only gets tight towards the end of the competition, so everyone try and keep your 2nd set of batteries ready for the pointy end of things.

Any special safety requirements not covered in the general rules

Simple - Dont be a idiot Smile I'm ususally one of the occasional offenders, if you see somone (me included) doing something unsafe, let the safety officer know NOW and they can kick butt., Repeated offenses will get you a warning followed by eviction.

Radio frequencies allowed

Any appropraite RC freqeuncy that doesnt clash with someone elses. First come, first serve on a channel. Late entrants have to move to another channel if someone else gets there first.

*Edit* Gee, typing answers right before I go to bed wasnt a great idea.. that was a bloody awful post typing and clairty wise. I just tidied it up a bit.

Last edited by Spockie-Tech on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Sproing and Vertical Limits also want a piece of the action Very Happy

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Better get a hop along all you hum and hawers,, thats 1/3 of the places spoken for in the first 8 hours. !!

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:23 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks for the answers, they all sound good to me. I hope you included Jolt in the 1/3 of the entrant places Smile

Just out of interest, do you think Jason will be around with a bag of FETS to fix our toasted IBCs?

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:32 pm 
andrew

ha ha ha ha, nick and glen, maybe u can finally get yoru IBC's back (SHOCK).

Also put me down for a place please and where do i send da money.

SOOO cant wait saving every penny from work etc to buy parts for new orbit and should buy plane ticket soon Razz

So far ive seen like 1 vic person saying they want in, come on u slackers. I want a go at half of u guys caus im getting bored with same ol bots up here Razz.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Can we have 3 spots if we only have 2 drivers? My brother can't decide between the new Prancing Queen or Hellbringer.

Also put us down for a Light weight

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:58 am 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Well the Pooch is cruising for a bruising so put it down.
KingPin hasnt been touched since last event but will be right to go again since Kheeroos want another flogging Very Happy
Probably have Pod done for a rumble or for fillers as well. not sure what to do with Pod yet, maybe put a tray on it and make it the pits drink robot.
Personally would like to see tracks versus omni wheels for the novelty of it but err just happy to get a run coach.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:11 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Hey brett, How about starting up a dedicated photo album/bio of the registered bots? I was looking thru the other builder's threads and the general photo album and its quite hard to figure out what I might be competing against. The album would also help generate interest and keep us all motivated...

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:17 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Dont Worry, I'm sure all the Vics will be there. Scoopy and I.G. have their spots reserved, I didnt think of posting that yet, but I have now. Smile

The rest of them will show up eventually. a lot of the Vic competitors arent big forum-posters (Neweyn, Matt, David, Jason, Gary, Tim, Moth, Waggy and anyone else I forgot), so it might take some days before they're all thrown their chips in..

I'll ask Jason about on-site repairs, I'm sure he'd rather be competing, but he usually too nice a guy to say No to someone, even if his bot needs attention.. perhaps he can arrange a friend to come along and help him out in that area.

I'll be happy to either rig up a entrants page (I keep getting tempted to put up a RoboWars Wiki, but I dont know if it would get used enough ?), or the Builders DB. But most of the entrants have been too slack to send me photos in the past.. (Still waiting for a nice Jolt cover shot for the frontpage of RoboWars Nick.. Wink ) Entrants, email me some photos and I'll get on it.

@Kero's. You cannot be the primary driver for more than 1 bot at a time. I'd like to say yes, but it causes a flap whenever I bend this rule.. Your best bet is to arrange a stand-in driver to drive the 2nd bot for you, and if yours gets knocked out, you can boot the ring-in out of their seat and take over. Thats how the touring car guys do it.. If its good enough for Peter Brock... Wink I'm sure there will be plenty of hands raised for a free fill-in driver spot from locals if you cant convince a friend to fly down with you.

Unless anyone has a better way of covering that ?

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:59 am