www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboWars III - Judgement Day - Jan 14/15 of 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Author    Thread
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Congrats to all the finalists in Robowars 2006 ( just wish it was my robot) . When I had the time I taped most of the fights using a old video camera I have . The sounds a bit low and the picture is only analogue but if you cannot get your fight anyware else - PM me and I'll capture yours and send it to you. Please - I will not capture it unless you really want it . Hopefully this may inspire others who shot camcorder footage to post it and maybe everybody can get footage of their fights

Available Video footage - Moth - Robowars 2006 Judgement Day

Speedbump v The Next Project : Stealth v Scoopy Doo : Wonkey v Inspector General : Cheese Wedge v Bender : Orbit Evo v Skeletor : Sproing v Pinscher : Sidewinder v K.O. : Retread v No 5 revived : Cobra II v Vincent : Vertical limits v Reboot : Wonky v Bender : Pinscher v Sidewinder : Prancing Queen v The Next Project : Stainless Steel Rat v Scoopy Doo : Inspector General v Cheese Wedge : Vertical Limit v Prancing Queen : The Next Project v Scoopy Doo : Inspector General v Skeletor : Plan G v Sproing : Reboot v Cobra II : Stealth v Speedbump : No 5 Revived v K.O. : Cheese Wedge v Battle Damage : Stainless Steel Rat v Vertical Limits : Scoopy Doo v Inspector General : Multi Bot Rumble : K.O. v Stealth : Reboot v Scoopy : Cobra II v Inspector General : Stealth v Scoopy Doo : King Pin v K.O. & Kang : Loki v Prancing Queen and another : Maestro v No5 revived & The next Project : Davids Werewolf Demo : Inspector General v Stealth : Cobra II v Stealth : Presentation : Wacky Races .

Again - congrats to the winners and thank you to the organisers and Sidetracked

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:29 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

"Giggles like a girl and yells Woohoo!"

Fantastic guys! well done! Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Also big congrats to all the other finalists Very Happy , Yeah, they`re OK too! Laughing

Bugger, Iv`e inspired a monster in Andrew, should I really have let him
take El B last time? Now I will have to face another flipper at home!

Well done Glen, you must`ve had those magic red pants for luck!

Can`t wait for all the gory details.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:08 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

If I don't have a robot ready for RoboWars 4 at least 3 months before the event, some one hit me with a stick please Cool

Congrats to all who competed! Congrats to Brett/Mel and all those who helped run the event. I don't know anyone who is not insane that pulls $1000 cash out of their pockets and gives it away to a bunch of people hell bent on breaking each other and their toys....

We Salute You!

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:24 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks heaps to everyone involved in the event (and those not involved but who commented:))!

I ended up having a lot of fun, and my untested robot certainly got a real test!
I had zero reliability problems, but it's lucky I didn't end up having to fight any big spinners Smile

I can't wait to see the videos!

Jeff, I had so much fun last time with El Bravo that I had to fiinsh what I started Very Happy So, thanks again for that opportunity!

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Well done Andrew and Glen and thank you to everyone else for attending and competing. Smile

With so many fast competitive bots these days I am happy the time has finally come at last that I won’t have to lug along lots of extra bots as fillers to do the right thing by Sidetracked by keeping the crowd entertained, although it sounds like Moth Bots did more than their fair share, using their competing bot, something that we vowed never to do again after last year.

Robot combat is alive and well in Australia at last; the progress and improvements made between Robowars 1, 2 and 3 are huge, once having a bot that could run for 3 minutes almost guaranteed you would win a fight, driving skill was unknown, and radio was so bad we resorted to CB ariels.

Now I am not sure what it will take to win; extreme driving skill, perfect radio and total reliability are a good starting point.
With bots like King Cobra Stealth and Cyclonite out there representing the proverbial rock paper scissors the Feather class has gone from a cheap easy entry level class for a non existing heavy weight comp to a really tough comp in its own right.

Special thanks To Brett and Mel for a marvellous event.
Very Happy
My own personal happy thought was Maestro actually working, not for long I admit but I enjoyed every second of it .

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:14 am 
decalkins

Winners by weight class?

Can you please post a list of winners by weight class?

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:08 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

A huge thank's to Brett and Mel and Sidetracked for a most excellent event.

Also a huge thank's to all who competed.

Well TNP and #5 Revived finally redeamed themselves after around 3 years of not being able to win a thing bot Mat and Myself won 2 fights over the weekend THE DROUGHT IS FINALLY OVER.

I had some minor radio prblems and Scoopy made short work of my bar spinner sawing through my weapon motor but I had a great time Thank's again to every one.

And don't worry Andrew and Glen, we'll be up there soon to claim our tital back!!!

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

im tempted to make an uber post but i dont think my fingers could stand up to such a marathon typing session Razz

first and foremost thanks to brett, mel and the sidetracked team (there names evade me) for hosting the event, easily the best event ive ever attended and i cant think of one moment through out the whole weekend where i wasnt having fun. everything went great and ill be there for the next one without a doubt Cool

and also to all the competitors. it was great to see everyone have there robots ready on time and the standard and quality of the robots has gone through the roof. im dying to see the fights now Razz

quote:
Congrats to all who competed! Congrats to Brett/Mel and all those who helped run the event. I don't know anyone who is not insane that pulls $1000 cash out of their pockets and gives it away to a bunch of people hell bent on breaking each other and their toys....

couldnt have said it better Cool

and cant forget to mention little stu aka the leg clamp lol was so funny, ill grab a photo off my video cam when i get back Razz

cant wait till we all meet again, being at an event with less than 25 robots will just feel wierd Razz

edit - i almost forgot the wacky races aka the funniest thing ive ever seen to date!! it can only be described through the video lol

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I am just transfering the fights from my viseo to my computer now but I have no where to host them. That putfile thing doesn't seem to work so does anyone have any suggestions? They files average around 12mb each and they should all be done by the end of tomorrow.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

I dont know, but i think jeff has plenty of space he could spare tempoaraly for them Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:22 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

yeah, botclips.net has like 25GB of space left Razz Get onto Jeff about it.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:31 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by kkeerroo:
I am just transfering the fights from my viseo to my computer now but I have no where to host them. That putfile thing doesn't seem to work so does anyone have any suggestions? They files average around 12mb each and they should all be done by the end of tomorrow.

You could email them to me if you want. I wont be able to post them, but I am prepared to watch them and tell everybody how good they are.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:47 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Well Event went well takeing into accout I was at half the voltage I wanted and could only go forward and right practekly all the time.

Thanks for everyone that made it a fun weekend Very Happy

See my builders report for detail

Last edited by Timothy Forde on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:56 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:01 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Umm - doesnt robowars have someware to host the video files ? . I can host them off my www.allsuburbs.com/robots/video/robot_video.html server but I thought that Brett allready had someplace for you guys ?

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:34 pm