www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboWars III - Judgement Day - Jan 14/15 of 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

Two things which came to mind that i wanna ask about or sugest is:

1. Will there be those 20 L barrels and crap in the arena like at your local events and if u havnt decided yet could i ask please not to be as it may cause more troubles then help.

2. Also with the draw one thing i thought was to have it set up for first round at least that it be diff robots from diff states caus it would be pretty ghey if u were to travel all that way only to verse somebody that u could have versed back home plus its something different.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:37 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Put Mat and I down for 2 places, hopefully this time well do some good!!!!

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:14 am 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

Put me down for two places. It might drop to one later on, but at this stage its two.

ffej.net

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew W

Put Shem and I down for 1 place.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:44 pm 
Archer

how much is it to spectate for robowars as i am going to try and drag my sorry butt down on the bike to see it?

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:47 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Put me down for one plz. No more school so I will have to make it this year.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:49 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

Hey brett, Rotwang will be there dates fine, looking foward to it, got to get to work on bender matts robot aswell as skeletor and I'll be driving Re boot. Cronos could be there with Rat also. Smile

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:37 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Well, Fantastic response so far thanks guys !

The first day and a half of registration and we have 22 places reserved already ! Just 10 left !

With another 15 still on my possibles list. - Jeff J is El-Bravo coming ? Philip - are we going to see Marauder ? We have a nice flat floor for him Smile Is Chris-Jon still alive ? Wayde ? Mr Dum-Hed ? What are the Planners up to ?

I still have to check on Ajax with his Wacky Gyrobot, and Jason know, and I'm sure David will have something artistic in the works, I bet Tim hopes to have a fistful of steel ready with KO Mk III, and perhaps Tem/CellDamages Drum will make a showing ? Sounds like a full field isnt too far off, and thats just the existing bots I know about, so it should be the biggest gathering yet !

@Andrew: We like the barrells, and I see no reason not to have them, they dont cause any trouble in our experience, and they certainly help keep things exciting in a pushy match and give the drivers some fun things to play tactics with, so yes, they will be there. wait'll you have a go with them in the arena.. its fun ! Smile

Draw wise, I'll see if I can come up with a way to ensure the first round doesnt have any same-state matchups if noone has a problem with that ?

Spectating is usually free these days. Sidetracked may decide to sell reserved front and second row seats per session, I'll discuss that with them and see, but standing room viewiing will vey likely be free.

Everyone who has requested a spot has your name on a list, I'll organise the entry fees and things shortly.. Cut off date for early-entries will likely be Dec 14th - 1 month before. (if we arent filled up by then which looks likely).

If anyone is planning on bringing any "exhibition class" bots that they would like to show the crowd do their thing in between rounds, let me know. Anything from an RC/Car/Plane/Heli, Arena Vacuum Sweeper, Ref-Bot, Prototype Walkers or anything you think would be cool. Let me know and what you want to do with it (mock battle, static display, whatever).. that will help me work out how to pad the schedule at the tight end of the night.

Anybody who would like to come but not compete, the positions of tech inspector (suitable technicals skills and awareness of the rules required), chief safety officer (someone sensible who isnt afraid to kick some butt and growl at people being stupid), and 3 judgjing positions are open for nominations. I have some folks in mind, but I'm open to considering anyone else if they like the sound of being involved outside the arena. Competitors please refrain, I dont want people who have other things on their mind in these jobs.

Any other questions ?

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

The event sounds great. A good time will be had by all.

Marauder still sucks. Marauder failed in two out of two battles at it's last showing. I would like to compete interstate, but not until I have some hope of being close to reliable.

The best of luck to all and may the best QLDer win.

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:26 am 
andrew

SOunds good thar Brett, only thing with barrels i was worried about is say jolt kills one and weopon gets jammed in it,, just wouldnt be fair but if nothing gets jammed etc then itll be fun.
If i win a match the pre match celebration gyro dance followed by the detrsuction of a barrell Razz

If u want ill be the safety inspector as i have a wonderful past record in taht field Razz Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:35 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Well, If Jolt or any other spinner was to get stuck in a drum, I think the match would be paused and the robot and drum seperated. This is just common sense, but I think it would be funny to see Jolt trying to spin a drum up to 2000+RPM Razz

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:53 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Philip Taylor:
Marauder still sucks. Marauder failed in two out of two battles at it's last showing. I would like to compete interstate, but not until I have some hope of being close to reliable.

Well, you have over 2 months to get the bugs sorted out if you would like to come.. Smile

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

In which case, Philip can stop by the Team Vertex HQ for a full day of building and testing if he wishes. Plenty of tools and machinery from lathes, drills, welders etc. Marauder is going to be at RoboWars, even if we have to kidnap Philip and put him in the boot to take him! Twisted Evil

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:25 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

excellent, so whats gunna happen if more than 32 register? are you going to knock them back or something.

i should have the wood crusher there to have a play around with, cant see any reason why i cant have it done by then. as long as no one is scared about it giving them cancer or something (cause of the whole MDF thing...)

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:41 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Isn't the arena floor made of MDF Shocked ? The whole cancer thing is a bit over-blown IMHO; its really only people like furniture makers who work with it everyday and breath the dust that might be at risk.

Tools and operations in the pit area:
Brett, what things won't be allowed in the pits? Any tools (apart from the ones U already mentioned) not allowed? I'm thinking of these common ones:

Cordless drills / drilling metal and Polycarb
    Soldering irons
    Hammers / flattening chassis parts
    Angle grinders / grinding & cutting off metal
    Hacksaws

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:42 pm