www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

unsure of rule 10.1

Author    Thread
Archer

unsure of rule 10.1

ok i am asking this becuase i am thinking of making a feather wieght bar spinner bot but would that conflict with rule 10.1 because it would be able to hit the arena wall if pushed forward into the wall ( well thats if i managed to follow the idea i have ) any help to this would be great thanks

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:22 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

10.1. Spinning weapons that can contact the outer arena walls during normal operation must be pre-approved by the event. (Contact with an inner arena curb, or containment wall is allowed and does not require prior permission.)

Talk to your local event organiser. I doubt you will have any problems.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:29 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Hi Archer im not sure of that particulat rule but a lot of our spinners can hit the wall .
Also i dont want to be picky but can you keep all your questions in the same thread you dont realy need to open a new thread for each question .

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:32 pm 
Archer

ok i will keep all noobie questions in the one forum from now on sorry

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:35 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

thats ok it just makes the forums a bit messy to browse through ect a lot of the stuf you are asking has been answered a lot of times in other threads but we dont mind repeating it at times but would be easier if you just stick in the one thread with your questions .. but that doesnt meen not to post in other threads that are relevant or iff you have comments of value we all apreciate them Very Happy

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:41 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

This looks like a rule that was introduced because event organisers didn't like there arena walls get scratched. I havn't seen any spinner proof arena in the world that banned the robots from hitting the walls (except for the Robot Wars arena during series 7). In fact my brother told Nick, builder of MoF and owner of a queensland arena, that the best way to meet the 60 second spin down rule was to stop your spinner on the arena wall. Nick actually thought this was a great idea, bugger damaging the arena, thats whats there for.

If this rule was ever enforced you'll know about it from the huge amount of complaining from the spinner builders.

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:48 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

I think it referes to the "outside" walls of arenas, not the low barricades. For example if jolt hits the side steel or thick polycarb walls at the marayong arena thats fine but any robot which would have a massive impact and hit the outter walls (like the thinner polycarb or the thin steel shed) it isn't such a good thing. lol i reacon ignore it. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:45 pm 
Archer

no worries thanks for that i shall start trying to make something soon then already found a perfect place to scrounge ( back of work heaps of old metal and bit and pieces woot )

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:29 pm