www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

When should the next RoboWars be ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

cool, ill check out some courier options and get back to you on that soonish.

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Gooday all
Back from boot camp so I guess I'll just throw in jan at almost anytime is great for me and yes I will have a robot lol I now even have money to make one for a change

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:24 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

We will also be running one more round of the smaller state series events prior to the biggie..

I just havent decided on when the last round should be yet. Now that Jason is back, Tim is back and hopefully a couple of other people (waggy and Co ?) are hopefully getting closer to getting their bots into shape, I might see about when we should look at the last round. Consider it a good warm up event for the big game.. Smile

Any suggestions ? mid October ? mid november ?

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

I would suggest mid october for event and then a "tuning day" mid november where if possible we could use areana (no public though) something like use arena in the middle of gokart track or something

Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:51 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

mid november sounds good.

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:20 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

3 questions for Brett about light weights at the RoboWars event.

1) Are spinners still banned on light weights? I'm guessing they still are.

2) Does this mean that saws on light weights are also banned? Even dodgy friction driven "for looks only" saws.

3) If saws are not aloud to be used can they still be on the robot but disconnected from the main power? Yet again for looks only.

I stuck up a drawing of a new version of Adversary somewhere on this site, which has 2 saw blades at the front of the drive pods. I recently have been collecting parts to build a light weight version of this robot and saw blades are still the only weapon I can think of that will still make this robot fun to drive down at a BMX track, as I still want to try out an off road light weight compitition. It would really bugger up the design if the blades had to be removed as there would be a large void in the front of the pods and I'd like to know if at least static blades will be ok before I start building.

Also I'd like to come down for you next state event so I could try Sidewinder out on your arena floor so I could get the best wheel combo before the main event in January.

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:40 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Greetings Daniel,

Yes, Lightweight spinners are still banned at this time. Apart from having to upgrade the polycarb to 10mm (from 6mm) and a few other mods that the arena would require, I thought it would be good to run a class with no spinners for a while and see what develops.

Dodgy Friction Driven saws would present no problem to me personally if it could be verified that they had no serious damage potential, but I'd want to get a unanimous vote of approval from the other lightweight competitors before giving them the nod. Dont want to upset people by making exceptions to the rules for some people

I cant see anyone having a problem with non-functional saws..

As far as our next state event goes, I'm not certain that I'll bother to organise it at the moment.

Given that the only person who has expressed interest so far is Neweyn, (and I know I can count on Gary to attend with his fleet), I dont really see the point right now. Not a peep out of George, either of the Tims, David or quite a few others. Jason is back, so he'd probably make it..

Unless I hear a bit more interest guys I'll just focus on the big event in January.. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I cant make a commitment until after the 21st of november as i have another court case in Mackay and the out come will determine where i will have to be around the time of the event .Iff all goes well and i can possibly make it we will be there .

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:54 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

thats ok andrew, I didnt mean that for Interstaters and the big event, I mean it in regards to the next state series round..

Seems that most of the vics arent up for a regular competition at the moment, ok by me - Less often, but larger events mean less work for me, perhaps we should see if we can get some form of outdoor lightweight spinner free class running for summer ? I like the sound of that.. Smile

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Going to mod The Acid Test ey? Razz

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:10 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

The Acid Test without spinners is a 2WD Drill powered 25Kg Box.. Wink

One day I want to actually hit something with it, just to see what happens, for now its a psychedelic decor piece in the living room..

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:18 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
One day I want to actually hit something with it, just to see what happens,

pick it up and throw it into the coffee table.. simple lol, oh yeah and get a video of that Very Happy

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:43 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

lol yes i know what you meen .. vertex is basicly a mobile awkward to use work bench thats always geting shunted out of the way its too big and heavy to pick up and stack at the back of the bench or under a table lol

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:26 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Ok, I was just testing to see what I could get away with. I'll set it up the way I want it and just leave my finger off the trigger during fights. If you see the blades start to spin up you can slap me over the back of the head.

I was leaving the design work untill I got your response as I also want to try driving a thwack-bot, the the deisgn won't be as fun.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:02 am 
Andrew W

next VIC event

Shem and I will be ready for mid november with our drum bot.

Andrew

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:02 am