www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

When should the next RoboWars be ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

If I had known it was going to be so long between Events, I would have.

I can probably borrow the lexan walls from Sidetracked and bolt them into nearly any carport or shed, and hold private events more often. In fact I have a friend who is hassling me to organise something in his shed soon.

I originally intended to do about 2 big events a year in Vic, with a couple of smaller ones in between. Then it looked like we were going to get a permanent arena at SideTracked, then they decided to put in their new mini bowls arena, which put the dodgem arena offline for a bit, then the neighbours TV thing occurred, then we decided to go to sydney, and things have sort of been keeping us busy like that for ages.

Now our sydney trip is a wrap, I'm working on locking down a date and things for the next event, and If our arena isn't going to be assembled permanently after this one, then I'll see about getting some private events happening too..

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

great stuff .a regular victorian comp would be great?? ,certainly have enough builders down there Very Happy and im sure regular private evnts would be good for new builders as well Wink

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:13 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

actually the october long weekend is 100% fine for me, actually thats probably the best time for me until the easter break.

wink wink Razz

maybe we should inform the UK guys of the event when a date is set, i know a few of them expressed interest in coming.

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marto
Experienced Roboteer

It would suit me if it was after December 2nd because I'd be able to drive myself down but it really doesn't matter and I'm sure most people will try to be there no matter when it is.

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:32 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

well OCT 2 sounds good for me but again i'll go no matter what

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:31 pm 
colin

Just bumping this to the top...when would a decision be made on the date?

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:06 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hopefully this week..

I have a definite go for the event from SideTracked, we're just figuring out where in the venue to put the Arena (since the Dodgem Cars have been removed), which will determine what times it can be assembled/disassembled, which will determine what days/dates we will run it on.

we are trying to finalise all these details as quick as we can..

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:12 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I havent looked at the calender yet or discused any thing with Aaron but it would have t be (preferably) in the middle of school holidays so we get at least a couple of days to drive down and a couple more to drive back before school,starts again .

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:46 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

can you let me know when they are for your state please ?

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:04 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Victoria and Queensland seem to run pretty much the same dates for Holidays, NSW is always a week behind both of us.

According to my school calendar, the school holidays start on the Saturday 11th of December. If your a finishing senior such as myself, you finish 19th of November Very Happy

Oh what a feeling! Twisted Evil

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:53 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

well we just bought two tickets for $39 to melbourne in the october holidays, regardless of whether theres an event (mainly so we could go on a 747...)

also in regard to robowars is there still going to be a steel floor and if so whats the general attitude towards low power magnets? like 20kg or so of attraction.

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:12 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

can we get a progress report? any closer to a date being set?

Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:43 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I'm working on it.. we have 2 *possible* schedules at the moment. One is the weekend of October 2-3, and then another one in pre-christmas December again.. or if thats too much, then I'll see about a single event in late november.

We are presently negotiating over the event duration.. since there is likely to be around 30 or more robots at the next RoboWars, the amount of time required to run through a field of that size is bothering SideTracked a bit.. somewhere between 9 to 16 hours with a fight every 10-15 minutes.. unless we go single elimination which I dont want to do.. we want to give everyone at least 2 fights..

Because the dodgem car arena is presently offline we would have to assemble the arena walls (and floor now so we dont wreck the nice tiles) in their "kids party" room, and taking it over for an entire weekend would cost them a lot of lost business. so we are seeing what alternatives we can work out. Hopefully some more info soon.

I have some potentially very exciting backup plans we might be able to swing with some luck, that would be even better than Sidetracked as a venue if they decide its going to interrupt their normal business too much, but as usual I dont want to say anything until its more definite..

More news as it comes to hand..

Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:25 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

good to hear, thanks for that brett.

Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:55 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

november siuts me can it be on a weekend as i work and i dont think i get those holydays off and other peoples parents might have to work to allso being november i think gives people time to finish there bot if they have a bit more to go im 60% complete so i will be ready to go in november any sooner is pushing it. im in i will be bringing a 25kg bot regardless if any other 25kg bots come or not ill be there.

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:48 pm