www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Advice on demos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author    Thread
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

It is on Sunday. We are required to be on-site for set-up at 9am. The general public comes through from 10am to 3 pm.
I'll have a room number on Friday.
There is a lift so hauling stuff is no problem.

For the Bris guys, there are signs to the Uni from the top of the Toowoomba range.
For the Kilkevan guys, if you want to meet me here at 8am-ish (it is about 1 hour drive from here), you can follow me in...

Smile we are sharing a room with some kind of leggo/infra red laser/combat robots that the uni uses for the software side of the course....

Edit: I've got power boards, a vcr, a t.v., extension leads, what else do we need??

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:19 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks Nick sounds like we should have heaps of room for a display problay not for doing any driveing demos though .. and i dont think we will need the panels either .. i realy dont feel like carting them up 4 floors they might not fit in a lift .. mabee i can bring some material tape so we can tape an area off between tables ect that the bots can be on display behind .. that way the wheapons ect can be uncovered for people to look at but not touch ..does any one have a dvd player as well ? I will ask Aaron if he can bring the lap top mabe we can play dvds and c/ds of battles on it as well .if not i might be able to bring a computer and monitor to watch them on will see how much room i have in the car but only if no one else can bring a dvd player ..
At the moment im looking at bringing vertical limits Sproing and the cheese wedge , and mabee T2M and Heamorage then if there is room in the car I might throw in anhilation and arrons unfinished hammer bot just to show more of different styles of robots so that will be 8 bots from us includeing arrons unfinished one he is working on at the moment .I wont be bringing tools or chargers or batteries ect so might be able to fit in most of the bots if i stack them right .Is any one doing flyers or something with the robo wars web site on it to hand out ? there was some talk of it but i havent seen any thing definate other wise i might have enough ink here to print up a few pages with just the theRobo wars web site adress on it that can be cut into small cards or something i might get Scot to do something tommorow night if no one else has printed out any thing to bring for interested people to take ..

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:35 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ok I down loaded brets pdf file of the robo wars busines cards and had enough ink to print off 5 pages so i will get the kids to cut them out for me
that will give us 100 to start with

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:26 pm 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

The lecturer who got us this space will also be 'maning' the stall (to tell people about the uni course stuff).
He has insisted that only 2 people at a time are to 'man' the stall - something about university politics...
So there will be ? 4 or 5 of us..... that's only 2 1/2 hours each on the stall... that gives everyone time to grab something to eat, have a look at the uni (or go for a walk in the Japenese gardens) ... or something...

...it'll be good to get this out of the way and get back onto pounding each others bots...

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:43 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

We can always sit out side and bounce robot ideas off each other while we wait for our turn to man the stall Cool

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:02 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

mmm mabe bounce some robots in the car park Very Happy Very Happy just jokeing lol

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:40 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

STREET FIGHT!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:10 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

We can bring a DVD player plus some DVDs from here (Australia) plus our Metal Munching Maniacs DVDs (U.S.) and our robot wars DVDs (U.K.). Or if you want a computer I can bring mine (monitor, keyboard and all) with all the robot stuff on the hard drive and the DVDs. I can set up a playlist in windows media player to play all the Australian robot videos I have downloaded and let it run continously if you like.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ok you can fella's work that dvd and computer stuff out with aaron and Nick we dont realy need to double up either will just meen cariung to much stuff.I have the origionalvideo tape of the first aus robo wars and some of our origional testing ect i will bring that along if any of you's would like to watch some of it as well .

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:06 pm 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

The room is very easy to find.
From the main entrance to the uni, drive in as far as you can. Turn right. The tall, red brick building is 'Z' block. Find a free carpark nearby.
In the foyer is the lift. Go to the 4th floor. When you step out of the lift, turn left. The large room in front of you is it.
There is heaps of large tables and power points are right behind our stall.
The uni has some 'Danger - do not cross' tape that we can put up as a divider between bot and the public.

@kkeerroo('s) bring tv/dvd or computer... whatever is easiest

... I've got some ideas I'd like to bounce off like minded minds too, so filling in spare time will be easy.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:45 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Sounds good nick the tape will be a good idea i have to catch up with Aaron and work out what time we will leave here ect not sure where the uni is yet mabee we can meet you some where nearer Toowomba instead of haveing to make the detour into Goombungie on the way down
I might give you a quick ring tommorow arvo -- night just to confirm things .

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:12 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well the uni demo was great a lot of people came up and asked about the robots Nick and the Kerroos had video's running all day and Aron had more going on the lap top .It seems that the uni are thinking about introduceing this type of building in their programes for the engenering benifits ect .It was great chatting to the lecturers and other well informed people there .I learnt a lot from the experiance as well .I think Aron and the Kerroos wil have pleanty of pics of the day to share with us all. A big thank you to nick for organising it for us hopefully a few more people might get interested in the sport .

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:55 pm 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

A BIG thank you to everyone for the weekend.
It was great to see so many of the general public get that "I could build this" twinkle in their eyes.
The uni is hoping to enter 1 to 3 'teams' in the local comp for next year. Put that with several possible new competitors and we will have a great 2006.

Thanks again guys.

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:37 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Congratulations to you, Nic. Well done. It will be interesting to compete with uni students.

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:02 pm