www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Round 3 - Victorian Series - 16th July at SideTracked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

HMM aksed my boss about if we can work something out every 2 months on the satday and he just ummm'd and r'd so dosent look like i can make it to fight but iff i theres enoughf time left ill come down and watch the fights.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:41 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Thats NOT a no then

l remember a guy who umm'd and arr'd for nearly a year over a matter of RoboWars. He's the one who built us an arena at Sidetracked.

Ask him again.

Mel
xo

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:40 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Imagine yourself at the event

And remember.....'Pinchy' is looking forward to you being there Wink

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Il bet scoopy will miss me too Wink

Ill remind him again tomorow and see what i get.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:59 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Ill tell you guys the good news first.

I can come to the robot fights on the weekends from now on Very Happy

Bad news some people who we delivered to on last satday complained they could smell i had ben drinking the night before and the company me and my boss work for sacked me 2day Evil or Very Mad

Eaven tho it wasent like i was pissed just could smell it on my breath.

I dont see how its any of there busness as what i do at home is my busness and it was the day before Evil or Very Mad

Owell its a learning experience Confused

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:49 am 
Mel
Site Admin

[color=yellow]Four Days Till Battle Time[/color]

Eleven registered Robots are ready to rumble this Saturday!

We envisage a greater crowd at this event due to the new start time, so David can build us a nice arty bot to cruise the crowd for donations Wink

Organisers will be at the venue at 10am - registrations, indemnity forms and Pit Passes issues start at 10.30am.

(Tim see your PM box).

Mel
xo

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:22 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Preliminaries

Sleep well fellow Boteers! for tomorrow we Battle it out for round three.

Registrations start at 10.30am and CLOSE at 11.30am ready for a midday start.

Please show due respect for your fellow boteers, (some of whom travel great distances to be there) by being there on time.

Any competitors failing to be registered by 11.30am WILL result in a forfeit of their first match and quite possibly be excluded from the event entirely .

See you at Sidetracked!

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:34 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

One of those rare events where I actually drove a robot, I filled in for the Chronos Guys with Rat but I don’t think I helped his position in the Kerro rankings much.
Statistically what are the chances of drawing against Ballistic in my only two fights?
Mat took it easy on me, giving me a chance, putting me back on my wheels a couple of times but Rat is a sucker for a flipper. Smile

Rob and Mat had a good day but I will let them tell that story.
Thanks to Mell and Brett for a very well run event and all the others that helped out.
One interesting thing, although most of the fights were knock outs a couple were split decisions and one fight two of the judges said draw and the other judge tipped the scales.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:25 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

sounds like you had some fun Garry
So Who actualy won the event ? I even forgot to ask Bret last night lol Mabee some one can post a short report for us interested interstaters .

Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:28 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

A Robowars and Harry Potter mixed day for me, I did win the event with ReBoot the first time mind you, not since Mini Mowers ‘retirement’ have I taken the trophy (which in this case was a broken saw blade from Inspector general) who I might say suffered its greatest beating since Plan B's visit to Sidetracked and likewise fighting IG was the greatest test on my Robots drums durability which I are pleased to say suffered no damage, I did at a point fear something was wrong when the drum started to shudder while spinning. The first fight I drew The next project ..Possibly the first I fought last time too.. Although I got to give it to him, TNP stayed together and put on a spectacular smoke show Wink
Pincher vs. ReBoot, I realised that Pincher is a danger to ReBoot, (being beaten by him last Robowars) so I gave Pincher a fairly savage belting with my Drum.. this fight I really discovered how straight ReBoot drives and made some cross arena' slams into Pincher at full speed.. I think I was being too optimistic hitting him head on and were caught on my 3rd attack :p
and now for a final fight.. against Ballistic driven by Matt my brother, lol. this has occurred once before during a final fight but this time I weren’t letting him get a flip in.. this really put my driving to the test trying to avoid Matts flipper (which he has become quite skilled with). ...I did get flipped - DAMN!!!1 GAHHH >< 'FLIP ME BACK' 'Matt: alright I trying!' ~waits~ 'David: ah..It appears ReBoot has malfunctioned are you still in ReBoot? - well previous experience told that ReBoot was like flipping IG back onto its wheels...not easy Smile so I pulled myself together and tried to bluff my way through the last 20 seconds by hitting him with my opposite turning drum, Ballistics flipper bit the dust in the last 5 seconds or so, this hasn’t
happened since the new quality ram was exchanged with the cheap bicycle pump.

Fair to say a deserving Win for a great Robot, ReBoot has always had that competitive strength, but like Pincher and scoopy for example hasn’t quite made it to the end. Was a fun day, Thanks to everyone involved!

Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:24 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

First of all thank's to brett and the team for putting on a great show. I think we all had heaps of fun. Unfortunetly the nbext project again drew reboot. but thank's to lot's of welding and adding some new armor made of chopping board the main frame of the bot held togeather and we still going strong at the end of the round. The weapon did suffer however with what I susspect was a bent shaft in the motor causing it to stall. (Those magna motors don't like having blades attacked straight to them and then being smashed into other bot's) the smoke from the bot was the wirering from the3 rtelay to the weapon overheating. all in all a great day, and I'm pleased that for once TNP stayed together and could compeat in some crowd fillers after fighting reboot. The second fight I drew Formido, the first time mat and I have faced each other. He eventually won buy hitting my power switch. Formido still has a few minor bug's to be worked out, including breaking at least one of the verticle saw's for the above reason. Thank's again to all for a great day.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:25 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Round three ROCKED!!

What an amazing day!

My concerns over drawing I.G came true. All these years and we finally get to battle it out. Would have been the match of the century, that saw IG go down big time Wink except.....yup, Scoopy's batteries came flying out. Holy hell, l can't believe it Embarassed

So many close calls throughout the day and in fact, of Scoopy's 5 fights she was just barely lucky to scrape through on 3 of them, with only 1 or so points being the decider. Flashing the judges did no good at all!!

Ballistic ( not his real name Laughing ) got me again. The self righting modifications on SD worked really well and at least she made it to the end of the match this time!! (footage being edited and will be up later today).

Lm very happy to say that Scoopy finally wooped Minimower!! though once again, not by very much. Her wheels were a great success! no problems at all there. Blew one of my IBC's (weapon) after the IG match, but didn't realise it till the countdown was happening at the start of her match with Battle Damage. Lucky for her, BD had no active weapon ready either and it turned into a 'bash match', with Scoopy taking the win anyway.

Final scores and placings will be posted later today. Many thanks to the builders that turned up on time with a 'ready to go' bot and all hands that made this day one of the best l can remember!!!

Mel
xo

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:01 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

First Five

1st: ReBoot
2nd: Ballistic
3rd: I.G
4th: Scoopy Doo
5th: Mini Mower

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:13 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Round 3 Vic

A bit of a rushed edit job - but they'll do:

http://video.robowars.org/Victorian%202005%20Series%20-%20Round%203/MinimowerVScoopy.mpg - 28mg

http://video.robowars.org/Victorian%202005%20Series%20-%20Round%203/ScoopyVPinscher.mpg - 33mg

Non-broadband connections - please right click the link and 'save as' to download, before attempting to play them.

Mel
xo

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:35 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH The Horrible 56k Downloading Pain!

Your torturing my poor 56k modem Razz

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:54 pm