Experienced Roboteer

2005 Victorian Season - 4th June "Rye"

2005 Victorian Season - 4th June "Junkyard" Rye

Start time for fighting at this event is 2pm
THe random draw will be at 2pm with the first round starting soon after
Registrations start at 1 pm
Weigh in , paperwork , etc will be ready to go
Testing in the arena should be available from 12 pm

Hopefully the earlier start time will give us a finish about 6-7pm and help us to keep a full crowd for the finals . More info and discussion to follow here.

The next question is, does anyone wish to have a "Builders Meeting" before hand and if so when ? where ? . There is only a few weekends before the fight so we only have a few options

Saturday 21st is o.k. for me ( Sunday not )
Sat 28th /Sun 29th I can do
The next weekend is the fight

Post Sun May 15, 2005 9:15 am 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

We have a new event director (Great - I finally get some peace )

I will no longer run the events for Robowars and so will no longer post as such as the reigns have now been taken over . I can finally get some enjoyment from my own team and focus on all my other projects . Bot-Bash and Mini-bash are of course my own projects and so I will obviously continue to run these independently from Robowars . As Vincent is controlled by the PRC , I will continue development and posting in these areas .

Enjoy

Moth

Post Sun May 22, 2005 12:04 pm 
Abregado

Ummm.. Rick, who should we be talking to about this event now? Whos takeing over?

Post Sun May 22, 2005 2:59 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Interest

Due to the lack of interest for this event - Round 3 will now be scheduled for a later date.

The financial and time expenses that are afforded by the team organising these public events is way too high for the builders involved not to be respectful of this.

Future events will now require all builders/operators wishing to participate, to confirm/deny attendance 7 days prior. These confirmations/deny's will be posted as they become available and should the numbers fail to reach a minimum of 6 contestants - the event will be cancelled.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:28 am 
colin

Re: Interest

quote:
Originally posted by Team LeSheen:
The financial and time expenses that are afforded by the team organising these public events is way too high for the builders involved not to be respectful of this.

What's it go to do with the builders? It's your responsiblity to attract them. Not there's to come to your event.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:06 am 
Mel
Site Admin

Maturity is Expected

These events are put on for the benefit of the builders at significant financial *cost* to the organisers. It takes money to make these things happen you know..

All we are asking is that if you wish to be involved, please say so - and if you cant make it - please say so, as this would be the respectful thing to do.

Negative comments, coming from someone like yourself who has made no effort to build a robot, attend many of the builders meetings or take any significant interest so far, are naturally not going to attract a lot of respect.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:19 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I thought I played pretty close attention to when the next events will be but this is the first I remember about this one. I wonder if its possible to get our own copy of the Builders Data Base. That web site makes it lot easier to veiw up coming events then scanning though a forum, espicially when we have people still posting in event from 3 months ago which then sit on top of events like this one.

http://www.buildersdb.com

We just need someone to get friendly with the guy who set it up.

It'll also help if the victorian builders were more active in this section of the forum.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mel
Site Admin

Data Base

We think the data base is a great idea, however the costs involved at this stage make it unviable.

For information relating to events, see: RoboWars home page and simply click once on the relative link. No need to wade through the forum for this Wink

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:48 am 
colin

Re: Maturity is Expected

quote:
All we are asking is that if you wish to be involved, please say so - and if you cant make it - please say so, as this would be the respectful thing to do.

...do you have registration?

quote:
Negative comments, coming from someone like yourself who has made no effort to build a robot, attend many of the builders meetings or take any significant interest so far, are naturally not going to attract a lot of respect.

wtf is that about?

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:44 pm 
ui productions

Builders Database

The Builders Database is open to any and all robot events throughout the world. We've hosted registration for 106 events dating back to August, 2002 throughout US and Canada, and would love to have the Australian events represented. The Builders DB is a great way to promote your event and have contestants register so you know exactly who is attending, thus eliminating the problems you are seeing. If there are enough Australian events getting listed regularly, I'd even consider adding an entire section devoted specifically to you guys. If you are an event organizer and want to get your event listed, please contact me for more information. You can reach me by my email: marc@uiproductions.com or visit www.buildersdb.com . Thanks!

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:32 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

There are days the world makes sense to me - and then there are days like today ?

A total of 8 x 13.6kg robots managed to make a appearance for this event today .
Two more mini-bash 3kg robots also fought today .
A highly experimental robot running "Microsoft Windows" with a on-board camera and controlled by a "wi-fi" laptop also made a appearance

We opened at 2pm to a crowed of over 200 people and played to 5pm

As the official robowars event had been cancelled ? - there were no "official" fights and no-one "officially" organized anything . This did not stop the event .

Do-not ask for results as all matches have been deemed "demonstration" by general consensus of the participants and NO winners were declared .

Simple video footage and still photos of the event will follow in the next few days .

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:28 am 
aeldric

I would like to thank The Moth, Daniel, and everyone else involved in making this event happen.

We are looking for environments that help us learn about harsh conditions - and we certainly learned a few things here. Electric interference, crowds blocking signals, "shocked" electronics, metal filings on circuit boards. You name it we saw it.

Thanks to George for playing so carefully with us. People like this really help us learn more.

As a result of our lessons, we can redesign the bot to make it tougher, redesign the network to make it resistant to interference, and redesign the way we project the action up onto the screen to give a better show.

Each time we do this we will learn more and get better. Hopefully, one day soon we can provide a system that can put the audience right into the action.

Thanks again to everyone who makes this possible!

I wonder what happens if I do this.......

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:34 am 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Some event photo's are here - the videos still coming ..
http://robowars.org/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=3

This included the inital 3kg minibash teams and "Subkors" final command position pearched on a amusement machine .

Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:55 am 
Andrew W

So what is happening about the next Victorian event ? Is it going to be the July event at Sidetracked or is there going to be another one before that ?

Is there going to be a builders meet and if so where/when ?

Thanks

Andrew W

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:03 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I should have an answer on that for everyone soon.. just need to consifmr a few things with Sidetracked.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger