www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

The Reactor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author    Thread
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well we are home and the bots can all stay in the car ..lol

I think Marshal did a good job puting that frame together this morning before we got there.. I think the steel to that height with the poly carb above it will be great especialy once its lengthened .It will definatly need some mdf or chip board ect behind the tin as i think some of our bots will chew through it easily .
It was a nice relaxed day and we all just basicly put bots in the arena and tested them with out the usual bash and smash .

Once the arena is set up a few lights migh be needed for video ect .

Marshal is makeing somemobile work bench frame things for his bussines that will also double as bench space for builders dureing events this is also a good idea .

When we do have an event there we will have to organise the pits a bit better ..we(Our team ) basicly came in and just dumped our stuff on the available shelving and floor space so apoligies to any one who din't have a lot of room .
As for the runing of the event i cant realy give an opinoin as i basicly treated it as more of a build meet so it was a nice relaxing day .

Its was good of marshal and Kym to put on a bbq lunch as well for us all.

Thanks to Marshal and Kym for hosting us all ..

Post Sat May 21, 2005 9:23 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

When is the next Reactor event?

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:25 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah we have a large break between the next event here so a reactor event might be good if your ready and up 4 it.

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:00 pm 
TeamFroggy

I'm not sure how long it will be before I can host a full event at the Reactor. I have a few jobs to get done before I can think about finishing the arena. I've just spent the last of my savings on getting my welder repaired, so I'll need to take on a few more jobs to be able to buy the polycarb. Is 2 weeks notice enough for everyone?If not, how much notice would you like? When is the next HoC event?

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:23 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I don't need much notice at all. Marauder is ready to go now. We didn't have too much destruction at HoC, so most robots should be close to being ready to go (I assume).

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:33 pm 
TeamFroggy

Sorry I have been unable to organise another event at the reactor. We had a small fire in the office, due to an electrical fault. Damage from the fire was kept to a minimum thanks to the quick response from the Qld Fire Brigade. We were lucky enough to be just opening up for the day when the fire started, the power was shut off straight away and the fire brigade could get straight in and put out the fire. The cause was a combination of poor workmanship by an electrician at some stage, the light circuit was not wired through the safety switch, a hungry rat and rain coming in through an open window. The end result was a few days of down time that I'm still working to recover from, things should be back on track soon. I'll keep you all up to date as soon as I get a solid timeframe.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:01 pm