www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

QLD builders meet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author    Thread
chris

ummmm, just wondering, does anyone have any 3mm ali/steel (doesnt matter) or any rigid plastics of any sort that they dont need?
just wondering and no pressure....
I hate asking for things...
thanks from chris of team blazing star

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:31 pm 
TeamFroggy

What do you need it for Chris? Also how much do you need? I'll see what I can do.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:01 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I have got plenty of the 200 litre drums that I used to cover C4. You can have them if you are able to pick them up.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:04 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

A quick note to those who haven't seen our robots yet. Please don't expect too much from Marauder. It is something that anyone else could build. I would hate to turn up on Sunday and dissapoint everyone.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:31 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Just a bit of an update.

RRRs over is nearly finished. It is driving and all armour is on so just a few finishing touches need to be done before the weekend. Evil Spike is also driving around. It has its aluminium armour and only weighs bout 5.5kg. All it needs now are the spikes. Dad has brought home some threaded rod i just have to cut it up and bolt it on to the robot.

Hopefully both be running by the weekend.

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:12 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

We'll bring Hellbringer 3 and the old Adversary minus its weapon, she can only drive well without it due to the weight of it resting on the ground so far in front of the wheels. I'll also bring the new Adversary frame and its weapon.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris

everything still on for tomorrow? i cant wait

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:14 pm 
TeamFroggy

Ok Just to confirm, we are going to Bradbury Park on Rode rd at 12-12:30ish, is this correct?
I have a few things to bring along, 1 trophey that belongs to Philip, 2 300psi compressor motors for the Kerison Bros. and a peice of 5mm ali for Chris( sorry Chris I couldn't find the Makrolon) Did I promise to bring anything for anyone else?

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:28 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

2 motors? Sweet. Very Happy
Every thing else sounds right. Adversary is going again with a new weapon, just for the fun of it. Hellbringer 3 is still fine, but still no mixer, so no gyro either, unless we can borrow one (a mixer that is). I can't think of anything else we need to bring except for the camera's.
Bradbury park it is.

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Mightn't make it for lunch but will bring robots and should be there by 1.

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:28 pm 
chris

well, i'll be there just after 12

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:15 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well there were netballers every where when my brother a I arrived and we doubted we would find anyone else. So we moved to the other end of the park so it would be easier to find other robot builders. We were early so I spent my time chasing kids who were throwing rocks at a car yard (and the language coming out of them, damn). It seems everyone else had the same idea we had in heading down the other end of the park and we all set up in a cricket net. You know, a long strip of concrete with wire nets around it. It looked like we would either be having drag races or a joisting tornament.
Anyway the working robots were RRs Over, Spike Bot, Sharp Shooter, Marauder, Hellbringer 3 and Adversary. Basically we spent the time either talking or driving the robots around in the very thin arena. Here's a vid of some of the high lights from our game of cricket, sorry robot fighting.
http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/cricket.WMV
Some of the good bits are Marauder sending everyone flying (nothing new there Very Happy ), Hellbringer 3 using RRs Over's wedge as a jump, every robot getting filled with dust when it fell off the pitch and Adversary sending a coke bottle skyward.
This video is the first time the origional Hellbringer's saw got captured on video. The saw was bolted to the front of Adversary, where it actually looked rather nice. The coke bottle would deffently have to have gone 6m straight up. The hit on the old tool box actually pushed the ball caster under the saw thought the perspex and into the saw which shot the castor straight out in front. The saw then fell down and started trying to cut the concrete. I had to spend the rest of the day with the saw assembly upside down out the back of the robot. Can anyone else do that? Rolling Eyes
Not bad considering the saw was made exactly one year ago when we still live in a Uni student dorm room, powered by a friction driven RS-540 ($8 air compressor motor) and has still never seen combat.

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:12 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

very nice!

absolutely cacked myself at hell bringers flying battery, classic Very Happy , glad to see you keros have gotten your robots going again, they look good as new in that video.

marauder looks like a champion little bot, ill definitely make the trek up to your end of the woods this year for a good fight Cool

the two new bots there looked pretty well done as well may i add. The qld lineup is looking pretty fine, keep up the good work Smile

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

yeah, congrats.
The hellfire labs bots as always look great.

Marauder looks cool, reminds me of super heavyweight techno destructo in the round body shape etc.

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:39 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks to all who attended for a great day. The best thing about the robots is the people.

It was good to meet Original Carnage and Mytqik. Original Carnage has experiece with RC cars and Mytqik obviosly has a lot of talent with his CAD.

How good are the kkeerroos for posting the videos so quickly?

Thanks also for the kind words from Andrew and Glen.

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:44 am