www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

2005 Victorian Season - Round 2 - 7th May Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

Sounds like yesterday was a fun event for all.

COuld i ask a favour, could u guys PPLLEAASEEEE post some pics and video's as i still havnt seen anything from last event down there also.

Thanks guys

Post Sun May 08, 2005 8:28 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Hey everyone just a quick thankyou for a fantastic event. Thank's to everyone how helped organise the event and especially to rick. I unfortunetly drew 2 drum bot's in the same event (reboot and icu) and paid the price dearly. but hey that's all part of the game. (refer builders section for the HELP NEWEYN REBUILD A BOT THAT IS DRUMBOT PROOF MIND SOURCE) anyway's thank's to everyone again. It was good to see that everyone liked getoblaster though.

Last edited by NMO on Sun May 08, 2005 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun May 08, 2005 8:57 am 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Round 1 video highlights can be found here
http://www.allsuburbs.com/robots/video/rbw_video.html

Post Sun May 08, 2005 8:59 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

damn IG didnt explode any drills, whats the secret :p

and what happened to tims drum? didnt get it done in time?

Post Sun May 08, 2005 10:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

unfortunetly tim did get the drum together. I had just finished making repairs to the next project after fighting reboot (it was a slaughter) when I relised that I would be fighting tim.

I must say i'm very impressed with tim's bot. it wasn't running at 100% and still turned me into a pile of scrap.

Post Sun May 08, 2005 10:19 am 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

A big thanks must go to our volunteers , judges , Sidetracked and most importantly the competitors . Liam for his time setting up and running the sound / music / mics , Marc Decarlo for his video work , Judy for her time organizing the registrations , our three judges (Tim Forde, Rhyes Cowley and Mark Whitehead ) who had many difficult decisions in a lot of very tight matches and of course “Sidetracked” for the venue . Great to see the bot weights within a few grams of each other and some of them actually running light .

Congrats to I.G. for winning the event , but with the main chassis broken ( he was furiously trying to get it re-welded at sidetracked) and the weapon gearbox smashed , he really had to work for it . Vincent’s day started well with initial testing , but 15mins before event start , the gremlins appeared and he wouldn’t move at all . Furious work in the pits by Lindsey to locate the problem (a screw shorting on a relay) , ensured much stress for me as I had to start the event knowing my robot was dead . Formido had been on “steroids in a angry gym“ as he appeared thicker and bulkier with two saws . Battle Damage was still being finished in the pits when the event started . Inspector General , Ballistic , Reboot and Stainless Steel Rat were as reliable as ever and basically untouched , while Pincher was now sporting stylish new rubber amour . The Next Project had seen some improvements since his last fight and when team “cell damage” finally appeared , they hadn’t brought hellraiser , but had in stead arrived with their new bot ICU , a nasty drum spinner made out of “chopping board” material .Although ICU suffered from control problems , its weapon demonstrated furious power and will need to be watched . The teams will have to update you on most of their fights ‘cause unfortunately I didn’t get many chances to watch all the fights . Some of the things I did see were T.N.P. heavily damaged twice and his team furiously panel beating a badly damaged frame. In fact there was much panel beating in the pits – with substantial “warp-age” present on quite a few bots . Stainless steel rat became vertically challenged after Vincent lifted him onto his back fins , effectively disabling him . Reboot spread parts of I.G.’s weapon gearbox across the arena , and I believe Formido lost a saw blade in the middle of a fight .
Enjoy

Post Sun May 08, 2005 10:19 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I'll try and live up the Keerroo's standards and get some video up tonight..

but it will be *late* tonight. (or maybe early tomorrow), have to head out for the mothers day luncheon thing which is about 50 miles from anywhere today.. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun May 08, 2005 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

OK, Well after the evening (2am now) stuffing about with some new video editing programs that have been giving me curry, I've finally just started to get the video into the computer (I should have just stuck with my regular one)..Rolling Eyes

As a result , I wont have any video online tonight, but they should start to appear tomorrow sometime as I work through the tapes.

I have managed to create a photo gallery of some of the bots and pit pics. no action pics sorry, I was either driving, repairing I.G., or couldnt get near the arena for the crowd.. I'm glad it was video'd.. I only saw about 1/4 of the fights live thanks to Reboot Wink

The Picture gallery is here..
http://www.robowars.org/images/series-results/Round-2/page_01.htm

Watch for some video's and maybe an event report tomorrow afternoon sometime all going well..

Post Mon May 09, 2005 2:06 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Nice pics Brett Very Happy

Post Mon May 09, 2005 9:49 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Well, all didnt go well, had an extremely busy day, but nonetheless, I still managed to get a fight video done.. Cool

Of course I had to add a soundtrack, make a nice title for it and so on, so they always take longer than you think they will.. I'm also setting up an alternative server to host the video, which should be online tomorrow.. i

The Video's use the Div-X video codec, so you might need to install that if you dont already have it. you can get that here.. http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

I was going to use .wmv format, but after a bad experience with Windows Media Player 10 recently, Microsoft and all their stupid DRM'ed formats can get $#@$'ed - I'm never using them again.. Can anyone suggest any better alternative that most people can play but still gives good compression ?

(see next message for new video location)

Post Tue May 10, 2005 1:32 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Video #2 is now online (The Next Project vs Reboot - Ouch !),

Both 256 and 512kb/s versions are now available (I suggest being patient and getting the higher quality version - they look much better)

The new Hi capacity video server is now setup and is available at http://video.robowars.org Very Happy
This should allow me to host a lot more video clips if people have any relevant vids they'd like hosted.

I'll pretty it up and add a web-page rather than just a directory listing later when I've done all the video's. for now, dont forget to right-click on them and "save as" to download them, rather than streaming them, and if you dont get any video, install the Div/X Codec.

More to come, I'm starting to chew through them now.. Cool

Comments anyone ?

Post Tue May 10, 2005 4:16 pm 
andrew

awesome work Brett those video's r amazing with soundtracks and editing genius. All of it ties together so very well to overall make some awesome vids.

Good work fella

Post Tue May 10, 2005 9:28 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

mm hope they are good they have been downloading for an hour now and are still only up to 46 percent lol ..

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:27 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Bummer took over 2 hours and now i need an other hour to down load the codec thingy lol mabe anot Very Happy her night

Post Tue May 10, 2005 11:46 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

I think I need to get my head read. I was quiet entertained watching my robot getting cut to shreads!!! HMMM I know I'kll watch it again. Well on the bright side it's a good reason to build a better robot.

Bye for now going to make my appointment with my shrink.

Post Wed May 11, 2005 12:02 pm