www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

2005 Victorian Season - Round 2 - 7th May Event
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

2005 Victorian Season - Round 2 - 7th May Event

OK, We now have a confirmed date for the Round 2 of the Victorian Series !!

At SideTracked, a one-evening event (Like Rye). More info and discussion to follow here.

The next question is, when is a good time for everyone to get together for a "Builders Meeting" ?

I propose April the 9th at Sidetracked. Usual deal. around 11am in the Pit Area.

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

What time do you expect it to go till?

Maby i might catch the end of it?

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:07 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Assuming you mean the builders meeting, most people usually wander off home around 5-6pm, some stay till later..

If saturdays are a problem for you, we could move the builders meet to a sunday if noone else has any objections ?

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

In that case i should be able to catch the end of it.

As for big events i wont be able to get there ontime to compete on satdays so is there anyway i could still be added to the comp on the sundays or something?

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:57 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

The SideTracked Events wont be starting until 6pm, can you make that ?

And other than "The National" event, all the events will be single-day afternoon or evening affairs..

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:00 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Yes i can make them.

It was the events which start early in the day whice i cant make intime "which i thought thats how they all were held but obviosly not."

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:06 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

The Fighting starts 6Ppm
"Checkin" - registrations - inital weight etc , starts 5pm
You will be weighed
$20.oo bot entry fee applies
$5 public veiwing

Sidetracked has asked that we start the event at 6pm like we did at the junkyard (actually they wanted 7pm ) . Although we wanted to start earlier - we have agreed to this time .

We did'nt worry too much about weight at round one as time was tight and a lot of the bots were getting last min work done , just to be there ...
There is 5 weeks till this event so . Be warned - your bot will be weighed as you come out of the arena - directly after your fight and before the winner is announced . If you are overweight the win will go to the other bot . If both bots are overweight then you both lose .A small allowance will be made for vairiations between scales , and scales will be there 1 hr before hand . If you think your bot is dangerously overweight , then you need to get it weighed BEFORE the event at a builders meeting or private arrangement .

The arena looks to be going in the "party room" with the "pits" also in the party room in the space behind the arena and the back wall . Bring your tables .

The entry fee is payable at registration - during inital weigh in
Enjoy
Moth

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:05 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

wouldnt it make more sense to weigh the bots going in to the arena?

we have in the past "eaten" several hundred grams of other bots
*cough* El-B *cough cough*

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Is this the side tracked arena?

Will side tracked make sure people pay to see the fights this time insted like last time they all just crowded around?

I think if they want to watch then they should help out bye paying to see the fights as brett and other organisers have put allot of time and effort into running the sport and the builders allso have put allot of time money and effort into it.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:01 pm 
colin

quote:
Originally posted by CELL DAMAGE!:
Is this the side tracked arena?

Will side tracked make sure people pay to see the fights this time insted like last time they all just crowded around?

I think if they want to watch then they should help out bye paying to see the fights as brett and other organisers have put allot of time and effort into running the sport and the builders allso have put allot of time money and effort into it.

I think it's more important that they stick to what they say. Last event I feel that people didn't turn up because of the advertised cost. I'm sure more people would have come if it was advertised as free.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:11 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

They must be pretty cheap if they wont pay $5 to watch i mean cmon its worth it and it helps allot.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:45 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

well unless theres a fight every few minutes people just get bored off their ass waiting

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:54 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

People who have seen Robot Wars on TV are always going to be "relatively" bored at a Live Competition.. In TV, all the boring bits are removed in the editing studio.. If someones radio suffers interference, thats not going to make it to TV.. (which quite often leads people suffering problems wondering howcome the TV guys never do)

You never see someone stopping to go to the toilet in a soap opera now do you ?

I think more Filler things like the Entertainment class proposed by Gary and the BotBash class by Rick will help pad out the show somewhat, but its never going to be a non-stop circus..

Still, $5 is cheap.. Making money off the spectators is SideTracked's business.. I'm just glad they've built us an Arena out of their pocket, and are happy to let us use their venue/staff/insurance etc...

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:17 pm 
Abregado

Sounds good, ill be crashing the party, even tho im not "a builder". Just wanted to meet the gang since i didnt have time on the 19th at Rye.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:21 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

if your legal then it doesnt matter when you get weighed
"After the fight" doesnt mess up all the organisation , just because someone isnt legal .
enjoy
moth

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:54 am