61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
other
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread
Windhammer

i have been talkin to arron night and his told me about a speed controller that his team mate is making from a drill trigger and they might be cheap to get or make.

At this site www.oatleyelectronics.com you should check out the speed contollers im told there only forward and brake controllers but its worth a look (thanks to bones for that link Wink ) also that a peek at the motors.

i think i would much prefer an ibc than any other speed controller because there australian owned and made and ive heard so many good things about them and most of the guys hear use them.

Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:35 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure Andrew has nearly finished his drill trigger prototypes. When he was, I'll whip him into shape and we'll pull them apart and make up templates and plans and I'll post it on the Team Vertex site when it gets a fresh update (When I can contact Karmond about the FTP issues)

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:01 pm 
Windhammer

ok there has not been any posts hear for like a month! so i think ill list so pointless scores and stats from me fighting my friends with modified remote control cars last sunday.

this is a round robin conp were fight each other twice.
robot-------------win-----------loss

QD 4 1

high octain 3 2

little physco 0 4

QD is mine, high octain is alex t and little physco is alex m.

QD won all of its fights apart from the final were i drove of the sun deck were we wera fighting (HOW STUPID) so i took 2nd place. high octian took first place because of my poor driving. and little physco never one because it keep getting stuck under the wall and was imobilised (spelling).

p.s there was no active weapons just wedges and springs.
p.s.s we all wieghed in at about 700g-1kg

ill give a desription of what happened in the rumble because its the only fight i really remeber.

i was facing high octian so i drove right at him, and he did the same to me. my wedge was wedger so he drove right over me and rolled onto him back. little physco was ramming high octian around. then i came over and he changed at me but i moved and he went strait under the wall and got jammed.

the end

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:09 pm 
Windhammer

someone say something!!! anyone. even someone from vic. you Suck at footy!!! yes you do! i surport Brisbane because eagles suck and surporting fremantle is like........... liking raw onion more than apples. and no its not because the won some grand finals. i surported them before that.

DW

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:17 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Why don't you organise some build meets?

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:21 pm 
Windhammer

theres only 4 of us and the other three work and dont get much time to build robots , well thats what ive heard.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:26 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Find a time when you are all available and get together for a meeting and bring what parts you have.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:33 am 
robo robbo

It could be after the Christmas holidays, i should have a day free. Before Christmas is a no go. Exams until about 20 November then i think i'll work some extra shifts at work getting more cash for the car and maybe an IBC! Meanwhile i have to hold my Birthday party inbetween working and sleeping and playing PS2.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:13 pm 
Aussie Fan

Great

Hi guy's I'm in the West too
I'll be into building a Bot I've already hav Autocaded my own bots and Choas 2 and Shunt.
Just need some help with getting it out of the Computer and into the Arena .

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:24 am 
Windhammer

Hi Aussie Fan

none off us have yet built a bot either but im currently building 1. Bones is building a 100kg terminator style type robot and robo robbo im not sure what or if he is makeing one.An cause we do not have any finished bots knowone has yet built an rena so me and robo robbo were thinking about useing a smooth basketball court for the arena so that would mean we can have NO really dangerous weapons like a flywheel or a spinning bar.
you probly understand just as much about robots as the rest of us. also what kind of tool do you have or have acess to?? and how did you find out about robowars australia? i have added you in msn so when you get the chance go on there please.

Doug w

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:11 am 
Aussie Fan

I would like to meet all of you and get something started
There alots of Places you can get a Arena up But a Basket Ball Court is not a Really good Arena .Only because we didn't start liking Robot Combat because of the Push and Pull of Battling .It's all about the carnage that one Bot can do to another.
My bot that I've designed is can be made there a HeavyWeight or a FeatherWieght it's just the size that make it heavier.It's SpinBot type it's got a disc that spins around the hold Bot for good Offence and Defence.
I think it would do good againest any other bot .But that's just talk I know

Well we all got to get it together and start the ball rolling so we can kick some Eastern state Ass .
My house is open to you all if you would all like together.
Just say when.

I had been following RW's for about 3years and have tried to find people around Oz that had the same amount if interest as I do. I had known about a few teams other in the east for about a 1 or 2 now But could not find any in WA so I've had given up looking intill now .When I posted a request for someone in the UK with a RW series on VCD or DVD on the FRA
fourm .And when Timothy Forde from this fourm post a messanger about this site and fourm then when I joined the mailing list Brett from the Admin give me the Link to this Topic. And I have just recently contract Team Tornado to Fine out bout what is going on the the RW series Because I've not heard about they thing about the 7th wars and not many teams had updated the site for along time .Because if you didn't know that the RW series was sold off to a new TV station in the UK channel Five which had big plans for it so they said .Which they hav now canned because of ticket sells. Well put on hold.
Oh and if anyone would like to see the RW collection I've got it
it good to watch .If any of you don't hav it alreadly.

Well that it for this Posting gees it a Big one.
So the offers there .for everyone.

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:47 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Hi All it looks like you WA blokes are starting to get an interest happening.Try and get together some time even iff all you have to show are pics and plans ect it still helps to see the other builders and talk about getting some organanisation happening .Most of Australia have opted to build feather weight class as these bots are a bit bigger than a mere toy but still dont cost the earth to build. We initialy built a heavy weight bot and it has been sitting gathering dust for over 2 years now and i still dont see it turning a wheel in an arena for a few more to come ..Keep the comunication ging and build a few bots once there are a few of you then you can organise to show them to others at public functions ect and generate more members and interest in the sport over your way

Keep up the Good work
Andrew Aidulis Team Vertex

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:05 pm 
Windhammer

{edit}

Last edited by Windhammer on Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:56 am 
Windhammer

{edit}

Last edited by Windhammer on Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:54 pm 
Windhammer

ok i think we should name our event even tho we havnt started.
ill put in a few sugestions.

ummmm now that im typing it i can think of any.

do any of you guys have any ideas?

Last edited by Windhammer on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:04 am