Karmond

quote:
Originally posted by Karmond:
http://karmond.botscoop.net/battles.php
Updated.

Not sure if the layout is good or not, but at least it prints well. :p

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:26 pm 
Karmond

Question: Should the weapons table be restricted to one weight class at a time, or should it include all classes in one table?

http://karmond.botscoop.net/weapons.php

Not sure if it's correct or not yet, what do you think?

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:52 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Just looking at the tables or whatever there called.

Couple of anomalies.

No Vic builder has competed with a VD and no Sidney clamp bots.

Otherwise fairly even spread between NSW Qld & Vic.

If you want to be a nitpicker there hasten been any Vic flails either but I don’t think that’s a big deal. Smile

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:49 pm 
Karmond

Okay the user end is done:

http://karmond.botscoop.net/

New page is a versus page which will give you statistics for two different robots, I think I've made it pretty foolproof. if you leave a field blank it'll randomly pick a robot from the database. It won't allow robots of different classes together (it'll repick a new random robot of the same class as the first). The same goes for using the same robot twice.

Also on the main page you can sort the robots table by more than one column.

There's still some things that Daniel asked a few pages back but I'll get them done another time. For now, I think most of the useful information is available on these pages (I hope). Now all that's left is to make the moderator pages for the changing the database and then Daniel will be able to give out access to some people.

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Just a thought prompted by the comment from the NSW thread.

There might be technical reasons as in lack of records or 3 ways or fights against clusters etc or it might just still be under construction but I was wondering if Bullant and Maestro could be included in the Lightweight tables.

It would help the look of the Lightweight table to have a couple more entries.

It is a bit confusing as I am not sure if Roofus is Bullant. Confused

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 am 
Karmond

A cluster would need to be entered into the database as a single robot to qualify. I'm not sure of what the situation was, but unless it's supposed to be a lightweight cluster conisting of two robots from one team it probably won't count. 3 ways or more don't count as the scoring system is only designed for two robots competing against one another.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:02 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Well in that case Smack off pre entered as a cluster.

Sometimes builders with bots that have been eliminated from the feather comp have formed clusters but not renamed them or fought individually in the lightweight rounds.

Maestro has been in 3 events so I would have thought it possible that at least one of his fights would count.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 am 
Karmond

Ok, well that's up to Daniel to decide.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

3-ways and melees with even 20 robots were easy with the old scoring system and they probably could be done with this one, but that requires some thinking time and I've been forced to think about other things at the moment.

Kind of the same with feather cluster lightweights. The feathers can't carry their score across from one table to the other or we'd lose the average point. The randomness of some of the clusters is also a problem because it messes with team scoring. There are too random things that would cause problems. Schmack Off could have been used as it was more planned out, except it didn't happen. The random clusters are too random.
The only thing I could do is use Speed Bump. I could add it as a new entery call Speed Bump (LW) and then add it in. But that would only work if it fought Maestro and I can't remember at the moment.

What we really need is some proper lightweight fights. Maestro, Bullant and Hybrid are still listed as not fighting yet.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:59 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Some observant people might notice that the feather history table has changed. And those paying more attention might notice that there are a lot of fights are missing. This is because I am rebuilding the tables and have only got this far, the first 20 competitions added. There are three reasons why I'm doing this:

1 - I got Excel 2007 which has a lot more colors and does the colors automatically.

2 - I wanted to add even more inforation.

3 - A new centralised data sheet since the last time I tried doing that is got so large it was melting computers. The old modern feather table told me it was doing 2.4 million calculations and the big data sheet was doing 7 of those tables at the same time. I don't beleive it but it makes me glad i stopped doing it all on paper first.

My brother says I added too much information now.

*edit* The differance between Age Total and Age Fights is that the Total age is how many years ago the robot was made and the Fight age is how many years between it's first and last fight.

And I want to add in number of compititions won but I can't figure out how yet.

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

The new feather historical table is done and it is a bit too big. Anyone who tries to open it will see what I mean. But is you want a bit of useless information about a feather weight it will be there. Very Happy
http://rankings.robowars.org/featherhistorical.htm

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:09 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I have finally recovered the 12 months of lost data and the tables are updated.
Next time I won't save a blank spread sheet over the main data table. Embarassed

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:57 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Any chance of the Rankings tables being updated with the results of the Ideas Festival soon ?

I'm curious to see how the round robin will move the bots (OK, mainly IG Smile ) around.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I've almost done it a few times but I've been busy with my prototypes failing at work and national brass band championships and stuff. I'll get to it soon.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Tables are up. Just missing round one and round three of nsw competition. Several nsw robots won't be as high on the tables because of this. Queenslanders and Victorians will be happy with this as it is to their advantage.

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 pm