www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

DVD of the Annihilator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

got my dvd and it dont work ..... Sad tried it on 3 different dvd players ,computer,ps2 dvd and only the annhillator bit works no tag team
i was wondering if prong can you bring another copy to round 7

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:49 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah, mine does something similar. I get the typical digital distortion (video pausing and parts of the image turning into squares) when playing some of the tag team fights, and the movies in the secret section. I havnt tried it on my PC yet, so it might just be that my DVD player doesnt agree with DVD's that arent pressed. Will try it when I get a chance.

ffej.net

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I found it did some weirdness on my computer when playing it with PowerDVD, sudden acceleration into fast-forward mode, occasional skips and blockiness, I made a backup onto another brand of disc which copied ok, but did exactly the same thing.. strange thing was, it didnt do it in the same place all the time.. sometimes a particular fight would fast-forward, sometimes not. seemed to happen on the final fights more often..

Then I tried it with Windows Media Player and it played fine.. strange.

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
prong
Experienced Roboteer

hmmm sorry about that guys, i only had my own DVD player to test on, they all seemed fine on that, but as i said i did not have time to watch every fight on every DVD, just try a few random ones. I will bring some replacement copies to round 7.

Chris by the sounds of yours something must have gone wrong when i burned it so not all the info is there Sad If you look at the bottom of the disk is it all the one colour all the way to the edge? or does it change along the way?

Also Jeff what do you mean by DVD's that are pressed? let me know when you try it on your computer and hopefully we can work out what is wrong.

Anyway i will make sure you both get a copy that works, even if we have to put it all on VCR tape.

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:38 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Brett : does yours play ok on a normal DVD player?

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:42 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I'm not sure lindsay, I dont have one.. Embarassed

BTW, did you receive your tapes back ok ?

and congrats on the DVD overall, nice Job. make sure you tell everyone how long it takes, so I can get off the hook a bit for not doing the RoboWars one yet.. Laughing

Actually, given that the standard of fights was much better at the Annihlator Event, I was thinking of combining the video from RoboWars 1 and 2 (after the event happens obviously) into the one DVD (dual layer) so the bots dont look too lame compared to their much improved recent performances Wink

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Windhammer : the DVD is just the disk, so the same size as a cd with no case to post. I had already given everyone a DVD case for it at the Annihilator so i sent the DVD in a plastic bag inside a compuer disk mailer container, its like a big envelope made of stiff cardboard, i figured that should protect it enough. These were 95c from the post office and $1 to post.

The DVD is about 2 and a half hours long, it is hard to tell exactly because of the many different fights.

Brett : Yep got the tapes back fine thanks Smile I emant to send you a pm about that but forgot Razz and yes the DVD took a long time to make, much longer even than i thought it would take, as is always the way!

The dual layer DVD sounds good, i wish i had the money for one! Atm i am a pennyless uni student Razz

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:07 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I have a Lite-On 8x DVD +/- DVD burner with dual layer burning technology. Haven't played much with the burner since i got it Crying or Very sad

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:46 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

we havent got our DVD yet
Jake Anderson
11 Queen St Granville
NSW 2142

might also be under the name of Russell Anderson

Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Yep i have the same Address here, under R Anderson
Yours was posted tuesday, let me know if it you still do not have it on monday or tuesday.

hehe on an amusing note, i remember thinking to myself as i posted yours it getting sent to "Mr Anderson", Matrix style.

Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:48 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

The two copies i ordered haven't arrived either.

Aaron Knight
31 Rossmore Rd
Kilkivan, QLD, 4600

The address might have been 17 Moreland RD or PO Box 88, but the mail still gets to the same place.

Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

mines ok but some rounds dont have sound

Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:15 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Aaron, I checked the address i sent yours to, it is correct, i sent it wednesday, so it should be there soon Sad There is two disks in the one package. I do not know how long it takes to travel intersate, so far it seems only the NSW guys got them, so the interstate ones should be there soon Embarassed

Waddy - as i said in a previous post about the DVD's there was a few issues with sound, some fights it was not recorded, so i think it was two fights have no sound. This was unfortunate but nothing could be done about it.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:07 am 
Waddy the phoenix

thats ok its still good but watching my fights was cool i got to see where i messed up and i have to say that if i dident get stuck in scoopys scoop me and mark mighta won that round Laughing

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:38 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

My DVD's arrived today. Niether play on my Sansui DVD player, but they work on my PC using PowerDVD software.

Good stuff, also, it's not hard to find the hidden menu Very Happy

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:33 pm