www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

DVD of the Annihilator
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
prong
Experienced Roboteer

DVD of the Annihilator

Just reminding everyone, i will be filming the Annihilator and creating a DVD of it. I will be just filming, so i can concentrate on getting the best footage possible. I will edit everthing together and create a DVD of the matches so everyone can have a copy. Just to cover my costs it will cost you guys $5 for each DVD and if you do not live in NSW i will post it to you. I will bring some forms for everyone who wants a DVD to fill out, so I have your names and robot names etc for the DVD and so i have a record of everyone who has paid. I will collect money from people on the day, so if you want a DVD bring along your money! I need to check postage costs, but most likley to make it cheaper i will give everyone who orders a DVD the case for the DVD, then just post the actual disc later. Looking forward to seeing you all there Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:29 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Can I ask a favour of you prong. I'm currently going to try to film as much as possible with my digital camera as i have a 256mb card in it, which should film about 10-12 battles. But then it is full. I was wondering if your bring your computer if I can just quickly dump my camera footage onto your computer and then give you a DVD to burn it onto so i can film more battles. I'm willing to share my footage/pictures with you if you want.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:39 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

To post DVD's (with case) interstate costs around $3.50 from memory.
I like the idea of having each team introducing there robots for the dvd like they do on robot wars. A few seconds each would do.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andrew

sounds good guys. I wil definitely buy one thats for sure. Also will be compying teh robotwars dbvd footage taht the kkeroo boys r bringing onto a video and showing them the madness at marayong 76 video. SO i will be up late saturday night. Smile. mm. TV.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:34 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Glen's booking a bowling lane starting at about 8-9pm. Bowlers welcome. Oh and I'm getting a DVD and I'm getting one for Marshal too Cool

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:56 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

No problem with the dumping of photos to my computer Smile Anyone else who wants to do this as well let me know. What sort of memory card do you use? I will get hold of a multi type memory card reader to make copying nice and easy.

I figure on giving out the DVD cases, then just posting the disk, it is about $2 then. With the content of the DVD my plan was to have all the battles, then also a section that is a quick interveiw with each team, so they can say who they are, robot names and weapons etc. These will be nice and short, and will be useful to everyone to look up other teams robots.

I will also get still photo's of everyone with robots, so we can set up a webpage with details about everyone Smile I am all up for any other ideas people have about DVD content or anyhting at all, so let me know!

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:59 am 
andrew

Hey prong. I currently got a 128 mg memory card that plugs into a USb poprt or something (im not a computer wiz). I was wondering if i could copy and paste some videos, photos and what not onto this card and then copy and past off the card onto my computer at home. Wont take away any memory from yoru computer or anything. May just require 10-15 mins at the end of the day.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I'll bring my USB DVD/Camera/Video cable thingy with its driver's CD for you to play with. You have to capture the footage in real time while the camera is playing back, which might take a bit of time, so you could either do what I do and only copy the good bits from my (VCR) camera or plug the VCR into the computer and copy what ever fotage we get from my "Claw Cam" (I have my wireless-cam on the front of Adversary pointed straight at the claw, but I havn't tested it yet. Rolling Eyes )

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
prong
Experienced Roboteer

Andrew, no problems with copying to your USB memory drive. I can also burn a few CD's or DVD's with unedited stuff on it if people like, as long as it is not too many, as it will take a while!

Kkeerroo - sounds good with the capture device, maybe we can set it up and capture directly from a camera to my computer for the matches, i have a camera with a wide angle lens i was going to try and attach to the roof to get a vertical shot Smile Anything captured to VCR, what i do is copy that to my DV camera, as it has external video inputs, then firewire from the DV camera to the computer. Either way it sounds like we will have heaps of cool ways of videoing to play with, and be able to get some great footage.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:33 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Prong, my 256mb card is a SD/MMC card. I have the drivers and such for my cam. I'll bring a DVD to copy everything onto.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:32 pm 
3Faze

Would be good to see what you guys are up if you can work out a price for sending a disc to the UK. Probably be best to send the money by an online service such as paypal, or whatever's good for you.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:13 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

dont worry it will sent to you guys for free .....treat it as an introduction we can send a disk to the uk i reckon .....cheers sarge Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:20 pm 
3Faze

Very Happy

Thanks dude - Give me a yell when it's ready and I'll PM/email you my address.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:21 am 
Eyce

So... When's The DVD Coming Out? Wink

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 pm 
andrew

when the kind people making it get it finished and edited and stuff. Theres lots to do so i wouldnt nag them.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:01 pm