www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Marauder - Home of Stig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

The two paintball shops, that I know of, were not able to provide a filling station before the MM5.

There was already a hose in Marauder, rated at 3000 psi, that would suffice for a filling station if only the correct adaptor could be found. Three shops and many "sorry mate"s latter panic was setting in.

One gentleman went through all of his adaptors and came back with a "sorry mate" which was countered with a desperate "maaate, there is an event this Sunday."

Half an hour of phone calls, manual reading and talking to the other staff lead to a solution. He opened a regulator box from the shelf and pulled it apart. The part from the regulator screwed in to the hose. $19.50 was all he charged. Dam good service at a cheap price if you ask me. He will be getting more custom from me.

There is still some testing to do. Marauder is a 95% chance of being ready for tomorrow.

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:49 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Marauder went OK on the weekend. Two fights two losses.

The arm bent as expected and left Marauder with 60% ram stroke. The flipper bar was also shortened reducing the throw.

The pivot point may need elevating and a stronger arm built. The CO2 bottle will be allowed to come to room temperature next time giving full pressure. It will be interesting to find how high a full throw will be.

Another failure was a wire that wrapped around one wheel and stalled it. Mud guards inside the robot may stop this.

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:06 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Great bot

Maruder went well its going to be a bot to look out for once you get the drive and flipper arm sorted out ..then you wont need the oponents to be manualy placed on top so you can flip them lol Laughing

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:43 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

T2M is one of the few bots strong enough to take that sort of bouncing and drive on.

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:56 am 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
The two paintball shops, that I know of, were not able to provide a filling station before the MM5.

not a local shop but a global manufacturer of top line paintball equipment is Aussie based....

I've known of them for a couple of years, they supply both businesses and private purchases....

http://www.macdev.net/au/index.htm

filling stations, mini regulators (fully programmable !) , etc, etc Wink

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:16 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Surprised Surprised Surprised
Lol T2m is probaly the structualy weakest bot we have Its made entirely out of 3 mm ali with no internal suports or braceing Except a couple of bits of bent ali that originaly held it with pop rivets before it got welded and the whole shell is just tacked welded together at about 30 mm spaceing lol.
The lid is completly perferated with 13mm cuntersunk holes on its underside .
Its the shape and flexibility that give it it's apparant stength ...

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:00 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Sorry, Andrew. I should have asked you if flipping T2M was OK by you. Someone said to put it on top and I didn't think about it. I should have.

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:14 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Nah it was funt to watchit flying lol

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:42 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Marauder has had the area surounding the flipper pivot completely cut away. The intention is to move the fulcrum backwards and up a bit to reduce the bending moment on the arm. The ram should also finish at 90 degrees to the arm at the end of the stroke.

The down side of this move is it gives spinners a bite point. Attacks by horizontal spinners may be deflected up by the slopping sides straight into my flip arm.

These are the joys of our sport. Make this part stronger. No, there isn't enough weight to spare. Lighten this section. No, it might fail.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:12 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I will be cutting out the aluminium for Marauder's flipping arm in a little while. I have some thinner 50 * 25 mm that will be cut to shape and run through the middle of the flipper arm with 5 mm aluminium on the top and bottom cut into 35 mm strips.

This should be taken to the welders on Monday.

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:51 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Marauder is at the welders. He is flat out right now and thinks he might not get it back to me until the end of the month. The event on March 6 is looking very close.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:49 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Marauder is back from the welders. The flipper arm needs a fair bit of grinding to make it sit right. Bushes must be made for the arm. The poly in the top of the ram needs cutting down to suit the new flipper arm. The way the base attaches to the top needs a rethink after it broke away at the last meet.

Hopefully it will be together by the sixth of March.

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:15 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I can see some good flippage coming up.....

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:44 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

The flipper arm now sits in the body. The resize of the ram will be a slow job. It needs to be filed to the exact size. Ram travel will be lost if the ram is too short and the flipper arm wont sit on the ground if the ram is too long.

The positioning of the bungy cord to close the flipper and ram also caused some problems at the last event. Many thanks to Marto for coming to my rescue with some bungy cord on the day (Not to mention all of the other assistance. Roboteers are the best people.)

The base will be hinged with wing nuts to hold the base shut during fights.

These are the sorts of things that could take a couple of hours or weeks to resolve.

The gents at the welders were impressed with Cheese Wedge's saw blade marks in Marauder.

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:11 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Would have been more impressed if Vertical Limit had gotten to it Twisted Evil

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:45 pm