www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Metal Mayhem 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

W00t, just worked out Goombungee is only around 90mins drive from here! We'll crash your place around 8am Nick Cool

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:25 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well, we're on here first. It was a rather interesting day with some good fights and some not so good ones. The arena looked great.
Well the final ended up being Vertical Limits vs Scarifier. But it wasn't a very insteresting fight as I didn't connect the main power line correctly and it fell out after the first or second hit from Vertical Limits, so Vertical Limits is the new Queensland champion.
This is how the rest of our fights went up to the final;

Hellbringer vs Annihilation - Andrew missed on his first charge and then decided to let Annihilation get to speed before hitting it. It wasn't the smartest thing he's done. The fight went for about 1:20 before Hellbringer's frame got twisted enough that only 2 wheels were touching the ground, 2 of the front spikes were missing, one wheel was missing its rubber and one motor lost its mount. Hellbringer couldn't move so Annihilation finally won a fight.

Scarifier vs T2M - I really don't remember much of this fight. I wasn't really trying to use the wedge on Scarifier and I cut up the rubber on one of T2M wheels with the saw. In the end T2M died for some reason (the arial going under the robot I think) and Scarifier won.

Hellbringer vs Evil Spike - Evil Spike wasn't working and neither was Hellbringer really. Hellbringer was working slightly more so it won.

Scarifier vs Cheeze Shredder - This one went the full 3 minutes and it was full on the whole time. A lot of saw clashes in this fight. It went to the judges and I'm not sure how close it was but I got the win. I also managed to melt one of my battery packs in this fight. Very Happy

Hellbringer in the losers Melee - Budget Bot was having radio trouble so I decided to lend them my reciever and my 9CAP. Steve didn't want to use the radio so I had to drive BBv2. The other robot in the fight was T2M. I got BBv2's up to speed and nudged it toward T2M who wasn't moving much in the corner. Andrew just sat Hellbringer back and watched. BBv2 hit T2M which launch BBv2 into the air and the IBC box fell of the side. BBv2 was out (sorry Steve) and T2M wasn't moving much so Hellbringer just rammed T2M a few times and won.

Hellbringer vs Scarifier - There has never being so much taunghting and yelling of names before a fight then what happened at this one. But Hellbringer was OWNED by Scarifier.

Then the final.

Oh, and Marauder makes El Brovo look like a sissy. Can El B get another robot 1.5m into the air like Maruader did to T2M?

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris

wow what a day, soz i havent replied sooner but i am trying to work out the mystery of some hackers that got my hotmail account, if anyone got any messages from me today please tell me and rest ussured they are fake.

sorry, for my briefness, but i'm still working on my e-mail, might post a more detailed account of what happened soon

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:05 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

sounds cool, i heard marauder was bouncing robots off the screen amidst breaking down (jokes Razz), definitely one to look out for.

is there any pictures of the arena

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Marauder is the god flipper! Not only did T2M fly 1.5m into the air once, but 3 times! Cheeze Shredder went airborne twice and managed to bounce of the arena wall.

When Philip get's the flipping arm strengthened up and firing right, I think we will see bot meetin the audience at eye level!

Annihilation won some battles today! w00t. Smoked a fet against Vertical Limits in the semi's, so I knew my luck was stretched far enough Razz

Vertical Limits really showed it's protential today. It flipped Cheeze Shredder in the Meele, mashed up a brick and managed to put some nice damage on the opponents, well done to Scott!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:53 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Jeez, you post up one video as soon as you get home from a compitition and everyone expects you to do it again for every other comp you attend. Rolling Eyes

http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/MM5.WMV

Oh, and the scene with Vertical Limits vs Scarifier was the entire fight. Crying or Very sad

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

You guys are damned amazing! Three cheers for the Kerison Bros!
*Lets off 3 drill packs like fire crackers*

QLD definately is ahead of the rest of the states when it comes to getting videos up, all thanks to you guys!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks to Nick and Mrs Carnage for having us over. It is a great set up.

Go you Keros. Let the robots hit the roof.

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:03 am 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

love that smokin' ....

that was an excellent day guys, I've already had some phone calls from some of the spectators who were here on Sunday, looks like more bots for next time...

some minor repairs to the arena this week and some small improvements for the next event, plus the construction of Malice of Forethought Smile

it's all good !

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:41 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

marauder = OMG Shocked

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Yay I have my internet back and my computer uploads again.

my highlights vid

http://www.toowoombatanks.com.au/videos/Metal_Mayhem_5_highlights.wmv

this might need 30min or more to finish uploading

Last edited by marto on Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:40 pm 
andrew

link didnt work Sad.

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:45 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

marauder is cool...

hmm here is where we say that hellbringer iss going to have fun in our arena. more room to get up to speed however when it hits the walls OUCH for it cause there is NO give lol congratulations aaron on the first match win in ages congrats stu for winnin the thing (andrew you will probably have to relay that message for me lol) ummm well it seemed like fun

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:50 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Scott won the event Wayde. Stu drives Cheeze Shredder and won the last event, Scott drives Vertical Limits and won this event. Cool

Annihilation run well with the flat blade, just have to find out what's causing my IBC to blow fets. Oh well. Did anyone get Vertical Limit doing some Gyro dances, I can so close to flipping it in that demo Razz

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:52 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I beat you Marto. Very Happy

Does anyone want video's of a single fight? Just name the fight and I'll put it up (maybe).
http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/bdvsf.WMV Me fighting my brother.

Last edited by kkeerroo on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:57 pm