www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Marayong Ahnialator 2005
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

Marayong Ahnialator 2005

Hey builders and fella's,
whats happening with the ahnialator for 2005. Are we going to have it yet again and if so what date, whens it good for the Jeff to have all interstaters invading his house again and stuff.

By then we should have the computer steel floring down and some other goodies the floor will be stronger and tougher i am certain.

One things that must not happen during ahnialator which left a very sour taste in my mouth last year and thats the whole 2 against one or 3 against one state versus state deal bull crap.

If we are to have it again we have three hats i reckon (this is a idea so dont flame me for it and if u dont like it suggest something better) each hat has victoria, new south wales and queensland names and in each we draw a name from each hat so its not biased and even game. If one state has names left over well then i think they should face any other leftovers from other states or face each other to keep it fair (i am not really agreeing with this so mention something better).

I will be damned to have the whole ganging up on the loner thing again as in my opinion that sucked and is not what this sport is about. this sport is about a fair competition between your machines and not being picked on by two best mates from a part of a country. eg. singularity getting hacked up by scoopy and pincher i think it was.

Now my ranting is over suggest your ideas ad what will happen and jeff J please state if this is ok for u.

thanks guys.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:58 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I noticed the gang up thing as well, Sorry & Scrap VS Annihilation, IG & Scoopy VS The Wall (lol, it's in the video). It would also be good so we don't have to fight people from our own state in the first matches, it sucks ass traveling over 1000km to fight your neighbours....

Also Welcher, it's spelt Marayong "Annihilator" Wink

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:16 pm 
andrew

bah oh well. sorry bout spelling. I wasnt realy ganging up i was gunning for u no matter what anyway's. just that sorry had the same idea. i would have atacked sorry but i wanted to try and get "the nasty bastard" out beforhand.

Good point on the fighting own peeps thing as that wouldnt be too great.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:24 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Nah, it's cool Welcher, not like you damaged me much Smile I killed myself in the match and if I was in your shoes, I would have ganged up to take out the spinner.

Oh RoboWars II is gonna be soo much fun!

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:35 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

i cant wait

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:44 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

its hard to make everyone happy welch, if you do that system then you HAVE to have equal numbers from all states, or youll have people from the same state fighting each other which isnt going to make people happy because
A) there going to have to travel to fight their neighbours as aaron said, and
B) theres going to be ganging up.

personally ill be ganging up on people from the same state or no with interstaters lol yes im talking to you aaron if its warranted.

btw its a tad early to be thinking about dates too. for me it is at least.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
personally ill be ganging up on people from the same state or no with interstaters lol yes im talking to you aaron if its warranted.

You said that last time until you boxed rushed me! But you got a taste of "I'm already spun up box boy" Twisted Evil

Glen is right though, it is premature to start looking at dates now, I would wait till Jeff has given the okay and for him to choose suitable dates to coincide with his scheduel. Oh and I get first dips on Jeff couch if we compete Cool

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:54 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Very valid points and not trying to lessen their importance but It could have been avoided.
Even though I was a bit guilty it was very uncomfortable for me towards the end to do and wish the draws where set up to avoid this thing, particularly in the first few rounds. Some fights on the dvd i cant watch anymore for some reason.

The Vics did put up a lot of posts way before the event to raise the issue but nothing was done so when put in an arena with people you have just been travelling interstate with then external influences come into it. Its human nature.

In regard to the fight with Pinscher, Scoopy and singularity.
On one hand yes It seems like a gangup but the truth is that would have happened anyway.
Being a paper bot it makes more sense to attack the rock and feed it to the scissors.

Just trying to say some things arent what they seem.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:15 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well I was in 2 fights where I was ganged up on by Victorians (they were the main group doing it) and both time they took each other out. I was actually kind of lucky.
It was the fact that 10 robots got a bye in the first round on Sunday that was the problem.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

The ganging up is always going to happen, your not going to hammer your fellow statesmen unless you absolutly have to. I don't think it was that the vic guys were the only ones ganging up, just that they had the most chances to do it. If we work the draw a little better, it wont happen as often.

For the record, Singularity deserved to get owned, with its wooden top and all . . . . and I did end up getting Scoopy Doo back next match, ramming it into the wall and breaking the polycarb scoop . . . . might have had something to do with the fact that I switched to 24V after the death of the battery

ffej.net

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

if people have ideas that can rectify these problems then lets hear them ,its easy to come up with the problems its another thing to solve them ...as for making same state members not fighting in the 1st rounds in my opinion tough luck ..its a bloody draw people NZ horses still race NZ horses in the melbourne cup,australians still vs australians at olyimpics time to get over it and take the cards you draw on the chin like a real man ..and stop bitchin
i reckon i could vouch for everyone in the nsw camp ,that if they go to melbourne and draw nsw compeditors in the 1st rounds they wouldnt give a rats arse ...i wouldnt thats for sure
cause it doesnt matter who you battle a fights a fight
its got nothing to do with state vs state or team versus team its about two robots fighting and the bloke who is the best builder,designer,driver ....wins Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:23 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

very true

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:36 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

chris
thats just cos we are all mean spirited bastards who would sell our grandmothers if it meant victory muwhaaa ;->

i think andrews point about some kind of draw to minimise the "fighting your neighbours" is a good one though. even if only from a fun POV.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I Also think that there isnt much we can do about the draws like Criss just said .... my only gripe was mainly the first few fights where the ref bot came in and put stacked bots back on there wheels ect when they were obviously out some peoples strategy is to stack the opponet against a wall or what ever if its posible to do so puting them back down just defeats this strategy i think a few more people were anoyed about it as well seperating obiviously stuck robots that couldnt get apart so the spectators could stil get a good performance was ok

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:50 pm 
andrew

alright guys. glod feedback there.

With refbot problem, we could either have a smaller refbot or leave him out next year. COme up with a solution or something guys.

Its never to early to plan next years ahnialator so stiff we are planning it.

@ Chris- damn straight dude. I agree with everything u said earlier.

With the draw we need to figure out a way to come up with a better system of drawing the names for a match.

ALso peeps. If u have a issue or something that u think was wrong or could be done better then state what could be done better.

NO use saying, "this sucks and this failed" as it helps nobody. Saying we fix this by doing this helps everybody.

Post Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:54 am