www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Marayong X and NSW Season 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Author    Thread
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

Marayong X and NSW Season 2

MIght be a bit early to ask, the day after the event and all, but are we still going to run by the same dates next season as we have this season ? Also, are we still going to make Marayong 10 the "NSW Titiles" that arent part of the main series, or just make it the first event of the series ?

quote:
ive just put up some preliminary dates for our full comp for 2004
these are only rough but if its ok then its ok....
ive included the sat and sunday of each weekend as ither could be easier depending on certain factors ......
ROUND 1....28-29 FEB
ROUND 2....17-18 APRIL
ROUND 3....29-30 MAY
ROUND 4....3-4 JULY
ROUND 5....28-29 AUGUST
ROUND 6....25-26 SEPT [8 WEEK SPRING BREAK]
ROUND 7....20-21 NOV FINAL ROUND
DECEMBER.. christmas break of around 10 weeks.prep time for NSW titles
NSW TITLES which are separate from the competition is held some time in late to mid JANUARY Very Happy
please remember these are not final dates

ffej.net

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

hmmm not sure but i think we should stop calling them by numbers like (maryong 1 or maryong 6) cause it will end up large numbers and one will run into each other quicker so how about we start with maryong season 1 round 1 sort of thing just makes it a hell of a lot easyer to clasify everything

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:19 pm 
andrew

Some matters for next season in which i want to address is the use of a rule setting and actually sticking with them.

I am the main offender with safety and weight and generally bending or breaking the rules.

Main rules is failsafe for dangerous weopons and weight limit and safety covers.

Also with judging the way we have it now i dont like as there have been far too many decisions in which i thought the other way.

I siggest a on paper judging sheet in which case u have 1-5 for damage, aggression, style and control etc etc that way it is alot clearer as i have had to vote for osmebody that was damaged but very aggressive and controlling and others views clashed etc etc. I.E. plan B and sorry fight.

When are we also planning to rebuild arena with computer flooring and such increasing lexan thickness etc etc and whats the rule with magnetised wheels as nick and jake are planning to build some i think.

thanks.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:27 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I think every competitor should have a failsafe on there weapon, it's not like they are expensive to buy! Twisted Evil Scrap/Orbit definately needs one! Also Welcher, instead of just saying your the main offender, why don't you do something about it!

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:51 pm 
andrew

i will jackass.

Me and Nick are planning the rebuild for both orbit and basilisk so when we get something going ill buy me a failsafe.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:26 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

No offense intended andrew, but the time to buy a failsafe is *now* - Not *after* you've finished your robot and are ready to compete.

Most accidents happen while building and testing the robot, and working on it in the pits.. not while competing.. If they were only ever powered up in the arena, then we wouldnt even need failsafes.

If you power up your vertical bar spinner to test something, and the weapon motor generates interference causing you to lose radio control, and something happens like it going out of balance and proceeding to leap around your shed like a demented whipper snipper, you'll be glad you bought your failsafe *first* as you flip off the power on your radio and it shuts down..

Otherwise, I hope you can dodge fast..

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

I AGREE sadly i always pit next to andrew at each round and well i gotta say .............mmmmmmmmmm scary stuff Confused

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:21 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Not to worry, I will be nagging Andrew about safety every other weekend Smile with the nastyness we have planned, Orbit will need plenty of safety.

The first place I would look for a safety cut-out is the Dynamite unit on RMP, but at $25 US plus shipping it will be around $50 all up - does anyone have a cheaper alternative?

More on-topic, I don't see a date for the Annihilator event we all enjoyed so much this year...

I like waydes idea - let's not end up with "Marayong 245" or some other stupid number. How about puting the year in the title like Marayong 5.1 for the first event next year (not much better), or Marayong 05, round 1, which is a mouthfull.

I would personally like to see a more emotive name like Brett's robowars, but we don't seem to be able to come up with a killer name...

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:20 pm 
andrew

well u can go to most descent hobby shops and get a simple servo returns to neutral cut off device failsafing unit for around 20-30 bucks.

Definitely need it for the orbit rebuild that Nick is helping me with.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:36 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

well i rection this will be the right topic to ask this,

what date are we going to install all the computer flooring so i can plan around it (having 6 people and 1 car sort of requires it :p)

all the dates where fine for me, so i reckon keep them.

Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

anybody got an answer to that question up there ^^^

but can we have another event soon!! after robowars and the lack of an aerial i really want to get in some combat practice before the season starts Very Happy

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:42 pm 
Eyce

quote:
Originally posted by Spockie-Tech:

Most accidents happen while building and testing the robot, and working on it in the pits.. not while competing.. If they were only ever powered up in the arena, then we wouldnt even need failsafes.

*Cough Scoopy + Wooden Table @ RoboWars II* Razz

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:54 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Yes, that is a good example.. Embarassed

That was a result of having 2 people work on the robot at the same time..

Mel plugging in the batteries at the same time I was fiddling with the programming on the radio (and not aware that she was about to plug them in)..

Safety is something that we all have to try and make better every time around.. me included.. (hangs head in shame)

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:16 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hehe so i guess officially everyone has had a major plunder in the pits then Razz

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:25 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Hi Glen,
Glad to see your`e home safe and sound and had a good time.
We will have a build meet sometime at the end of Jan. and will be pulling out the steel tables and desk and putting them in the pits. Then we can seriously look at the steel floor plan.

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:14 pm