www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Robot videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Those compilation discs that I Sent out to people are made up of files that I have collected over the years from websites, video cpatures and all sorts of places..

coneqeuently, they are in a huge variety of formats.. avi, mov, wmv, rm, and so on, and a normal DVD player has no chance of playing them. You will need a computer with a DVD-Drive and few media players like quick-time, zoom player, div-x codecs and so on if you want to watch them all.

No, I cant convert the thousands of video clips into normal DVD format, it would take forever and a LOT of DVD Discs..

Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidM

Nice work Kero's, lotta bots.

Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:12 pm 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

ah well i had first tried them on my computer but it just woulden't read it acted like the disk wasn't even in the computer.
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:57 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Yer my comp sez disc could not be detected Laughing

Im having trouble playing them allso Sad

Post Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:28 am 
Marc

quote:
Originally posted by Big AL:
could some one send me some footage of battles from all over the world

Go to this album for pictures of all the Dutch event and also videos.
-click volgende(=next Wink ) for the other pages

Here is a video I made of the best pieces of an event in Holland[url=http://www.bugs.nl/media/source/rw/ahoy2004/nl-marc/ahoy_greatest-'hits'.avi]Ahoy Greatest hits (24mb)[/url]

Post Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Where is toro from? I think it's an american flipper.

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:19 pm 
Eyce

quote:
Originally posted by dyrodium:
Where is toro from? I think it's an american flipper.

...and you're right!

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:14 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Toro is a superheavyweight made by Inertia Labs. Even though it's much heavier then The Matador (Heavyweight Flipper made from the same team) it cannot match the flipping force. The Matador is quite often seen launching itslef 10ft into the air during a 540 backflip to selfright.

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:17 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

WHOA Shocked . any vids of that?

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:45 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

@ Brett.

Would we be able to get a video arcive on the forum were peeps can upload aussie videos?

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:34 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

I doubt it. . . . . Video's take up a lot of server space and bandwidth, you'd be better off just finding one of those free webservers, uploading it there, and then putting a link in this thread .

ffej.net

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Unfortunately true. The RoboWars site uses around 4 Gigabytes of traffic a month and is about 75% full diskspace-wise. Free-for-all video storage would quickly blow out the remaining traffic and storage allocation.

For $110 extra (over the base hosting fee) per year, I could add an extra 150 meg of storage and 2 gig per month of traffic if anyone looking for hosting wants to go for that.

But theres no such thing as fast, free, reliable hosting on the net. You put up with slowness, unreliability, advertising, limited storage, or else you pay for it.. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:14 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
But theres no such thing as fast, free, reliable hosting on the net. You put up with slowness, unreliability, advertising, limited storage, or else you pay for it..

Closest thing I've found to that is teh ABBL server. It's free, I have 50mb of space, no adverts, moderately fast, and it's been reliable to me. When the ABBL site took a nose dive into the ground, my server space continued to work great.

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:24 pm 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

geee looking at how much it cost to run it i great to know that someone is willing to pay to keep this site up and running for the australian robotires
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:20 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Well, it only costs me a couple of hundred a year extra (at present levels) above what my own personal site was costing anyway, so it seemed like a good idea when the ABBL server went down right before a meeting..

I'm amazed that the ABBL server is still running (even as a file server), since Karmond vanished and noone has heard anything from the guy who owns it (and dontated the space/bandwidth) for years now. I wonder what he's thinking.. ? Still, while its there, you might as well make use of it, since as I said, free 'net space is hard to come by..

It takes a fair bit of work to keep the RoboWars Forums running, updated and backed up, etc too, but I'm glad to be able to help out in this area, since I want the sport to continue to grow healthily and having a common meeting place is important for that.

Most "promoter" type people have to get some form of enjoyment out of just helping other people have fun, or they'd just sit back and wait for someone else to do it.. Like any sport or business, its a collection of the energy and enthusiasm that people put into it that makes it great, and the actual builders are the most important people followed by the arena/event operators who give the builders a place to play..

oops, I got all philosophical again.. ah well.. enjoy and keep being mechanically creative and watch things get better and better..

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:55 am