andrew

n.s.w annihilator

Hey, all
Just retarting this post here

U know what to do Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:54 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Its a big week here at Team Ares: I have the new workshop wired up for 20 amp power so the saw and welder going again. The panels for Artemis (lightweight) are done and ready for welding, and most of the panels for Basilisk are done too.

The electronics for Basilisk and Minotaur are done and Artemis is just waiting on a few small parts. Minotaur will be coming to the Annihilator in one form or another - I may just replace the motors or if time permits, I will shrink the body to save weight and add more armour.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:49 am 
andrew

yeah dude.

Thats super good to hear matey.

SCraps a bit down at the moment. I need to get to jaycar or Glens and get either drill speed controllers (aaron or andrew could u do a wiring diagram) or the mixing switch controlls and such and see if these crappy batts Glen sold me work well for it all etc etc.

Should be right though

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:39 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

What batteries did U get? I have a bunch of spare XU1 drill guts (everything bar the motor) that you are welcome to (or they get chucked out next week).

I have tomorrow off for building Cool so if you want to drop around after school...

I should be back on MSN from tomorrow too, after I get a new DSL connection - life is good!

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:24 pm 
andrew

thanks nick. dont throw out the nicads. i will get them if u want or chrisjon will want it for sorry or his new bot.

Probably cant come over tomorrow bud because i have to get to jaycar which is what i wanted to do for 3 days now but my parensts have been busy and stuff.

Thanks anyway
maybe a weekend or 2 if u arent busy.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:16 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

welcome back nick!

good to have you back in the ranks Very Happy, you mentioned getting minotaur ready again, does it look like basilisk wont be finished?

OT here but also where did you get the Airplane tacho? i think i might have to go get one for aurora before i start bragging.. Smile

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

has anyone had any luck with a few shade house tents .....also volunteers will be needed on the days of action so be prepared to put the hands up .....i dont think one person will do a task all weekend we can shuffle things around and share a few different things to give everyone a break .....cheers sarge

PS sorry is finished ready to go .and this time the blade is now 50mm from the .....no sneaking under this time .nice new panasonic 12v 3.5 AHR drill batteries .quaranteed to go 3 battles at least Very Happy so with a bit of luck i wont have to do a thing between the 1st couple of battles ........brett has a photo so ill see if he cant put it somewhere on the site

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:03 pm 
TeamFroggy

Ok, here is a link to the file Chrisjon and I made up with the anihilator format and running times, just incase anyone didn't see it on the ABBL forum. http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/419b29c0/bc/Annihilator+format.xls?bfMTB0ABoebDf5gK I hope it works.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:22 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Hi Good to see we still have some communication thanks to Brett.
It sounds like you are getting your bot togehter again nick i hope its finished in time .
I Gave Anhilation a spin up to today with the modified rotor i must have over tempered the bar when i bent the ends as it hit the edge of the bot then snaped off and the bot jumped about 1mtre in the air as i switched the wheapon off i still havent found the end of the blade it must have gone out through the shed door so the bot is going to get a single piece blade made up again as it was just to dangerous and the wedge put back on . It sounded like a jumbo jet winding up when i spun it with the extended blades.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:57 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Ah thats better

Was getting withdrawals from having no contact so well done Brett.
Just confirmed my flight but was unfortunate on getting a return flight on Sunday nite so looks like have to stay another nite and day which brings me to my begging sequence. Is anything happening there on the monday, need to hang around till a 6.30 flight so desperately would like to preocupy my day somehow hopefully with some other robots. Will also be bringing down my ultra cool tracked bot for amusement so pleeeaaaaase can someone tell me if anyones hanging around monday otherwise have no idea yet what to do. Any luck a seat will get cancelled but cant count on it.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:05 pm 
andrew

Yeah for sure dude. If u need a place to stay theres Glen's, Jeff(giantrobo's) or mine.

I will for sure come round again for another day of fun and goofing off and such.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:39 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

THanks for reply Andrew, appreciate it. Will definately bring my tank along. Wasnt sure if there was going to be any time for novelty bots on the weekend so since will hang around another day can do some demos and stuff. Maybe anyone else interested in tracks can show up for a few tips on dos and donts on track building. Look forward to building next tracked bot (fighting version) on my return. Plan on building most awesome 12kg tracked bot around for next comps hopefully later in the year in Vic. Just need to find efficient motors that are ok at 36 volts. (suggestions please) Hope all you guys can come down to the next Vic event later in the year sometime when it is announced so the Vics can repeat what we are about to do to your robots in July. naughty naughty

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:35 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Yay, I'm in.
How many people saw my movie from what Hellbringer 3, Marauder, Sharp Shooter and Adversary got up too on Monday. I posted the link 15 mins before the forum went down.
http://www.websamba.com/hellfirelabs/park.html
Hellbringer 3's batteries kept going flat too quick, but we found we were using the wrong batteries.
Marauder's ****ing awsome.
Sharp Shooter had problems, espiacally after Marauder gave it a 360 flip.
Adversary did nothing as I plugged one of the batteries in backward and blew a speed controller.

At the park I had the half finnished disc weapon attached and I was going to finnish it this week, but yesterday big happened (other then Queensland beating the blues Very Happy ). My linear actuator arrived and it is huge. Too big for the weapons attachment point actually. So I'm going to give it its own center bar and bolt the drive to the side of it. And it is extremly powerful. We had it extending with my brother putting his full weight on it and the motor bearly slowed down. Oh boy, am I going to have fun this week end. Very Happy

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axe_Murderer

hmmmm sorry guys but your site is down.
It was a great event on monday, sharpshooters only problem was a smoked receiver and no receiver battery. but by the end of the day, I got a new receiver (thanks guys) and a lend of a receiver battery (thanks guys Very Happy ). For once I actually got to battle lol .
once again great day and thanks guys Very Happy from chris

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:26 pm 
andrew

wow sounds great mate. hope it all goes well for u

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:29 pm