www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Marayong 9 - November 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

ha ha ha ha. good call dude.

ANybody goes near it ill yell to scrap "fire up" and it will because the rest of the times it wasnt bad planning and safety it was scrap getting cranky with me and letting off some steam.

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:44 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

LOL "why, why was i programed to feel pain"

dont worry welch, its just scrap trying to escape from you Razz

well about the whole theft thing, somebody took my roll of gaffa tape and i demand vengance!!?! Mad (joking, but if anyone has it could you let us know, twas an entire roll)

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

dude let it go
a roll of duct tape at a RW meet?
its gone man, be strong ;->

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

not sure if i can, its one of those things that scar you for life heh

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

A roll of Gaffa might be a big deal to some, but its just another match to Robort Smile

What brand was it? I had a full roll of Nashua tape and might have picked yours up by mistake.

Jake's voting procedures sound a bit over the top but we do need someone to monitor the procedure - after a couple of matches this year, the vote was announced before I was able to get over and cast a vote. Its important to make sure that voters get just one ball and that all the balls are used. If just one person is responsible for handing the balls out and the same person makes sure the result is not revealed until all the balls are used, then most of the problems will be fixed.

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:08 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I`m sorry to hear Ashtons mate was trying to steal your wheels Jake, I gave Ashton the chance to prove he could attend and behave like a respectable human being and he blew it. Again! So he, nor any of his friends will ever be welcome again.
I believed that after the vote was tampered with it was redone legitimately, but now I am not so sure, especialy if those two little SOBs voted as they are not qualified in my opinion either. It may not have changed the result in the end but tampering is something we normally would never suspect.

Apart from those two, I trust every other member/guest. We need to be able to feel comfortable leaving our bits and pieces laying around (achem, I mean neatly arranged within our alloted pit area Wink )

As for voting, I think handing out the balls before the match could prove to be awkward as sometimes I find myself uncertain on which way to vote,(voting criteria, more on that later) so as we have done so far, we call for five people who have definite opinions on who won, they usually, quietly voice their reasons to each other as well.
This way there is no pressure on an individual, making them feel like they`re in a test and must pay 100% attention or else!

With Nick missing on the vote, how about we have 7 balls available;( we usually use 5 don`t we? but 7 magically appeared probably those gremlins again). Or even 9 if they fit but use a minimum of 5 and if someone else (qualified) wants to vote they can, as long as it ends up an unneven number of voters.

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:23 am 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

We still need an agreed upon, easy to understand, easy to impliment "judging criteria". A KO is easy, but when it becomes a close match I`m sure the loser would apreciate knowing that we have agreed to consider similar,,, (what is word?) bugger,, help me,, looking at the same things!

What have we got? Style, aggression, damage and er,, the other one? Control?
Style has been debated and a definition not found satisfactorily, becoming flair, pizas or crowd pleasing paintwork. Lets ditch it then. Damage is easy, but does damage alone win over another bot that runs rings around the other one and is still operational at the end?

How do "you" Judge?

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:47 am 
andrew

good point there Jeff,

I will answer that with why i voted for sorry against plan B last event.

Dont get be wrong Plan b is awesome and did some nice damage BUT from what i saw sorry was able to controll the match better and was able to wedge, saw and push plan b around at will nearly.

Plan b did get 2 or 3 good hits one that put that impressive long gash in sorry's side but then plan B's weopon died near the end and sorry kept on him in pushing and ramming (hence aggression).

Damage is well and good but if its say a gouge in side compared to a good driver, showed aggession and controlled a good amount of the match then my vote goes to them.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:41 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

how does everybody feel about a pre-robowars builders meet?

this weekend perhaps?

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Sunday possibly, I have some things I want to do tomorrow but will make time for the greater cause Sunday if you need.

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:14 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

yeah that would be kind of good, still have to get new wheels and them spikes done too

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:18 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

I cant get there this weekend, three assignments due monday . . .

ffej.net

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

@voting ideas

dont forget that a wedge is a "weopon" so is a flat substance ie armor pannel rember just because it dosnt cause long lasting damage it dosnt meen its not a weopon

i cant make it im working all week end :S (for extra cash thats not neccassary but im needed or some crap)

Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:15 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Hello (haven't been here for a while)! I can say that I saw that sorry had won in votes, before the voting "bin" was emptied. Also, I noticed those chips and drinks went REAL fast, and Seb (my mate) said he saw them hoarding them up in the boat. Anyway, I am going on holidays on tue 4 two weeks, so I won't be able to go to any events soon. Mad

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:57 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

lol dont worry we will have a fair few more events this year lol and i wouldent worry about ashton (as i said to both of you earlier in the day he can be a real *something that rhyms with brick but starts with a p* ... come to think of it he hasnt ever been "normal" that i have seen realy... Rolling Eyes )

Post Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:54 pm