www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Marayong demolition

Author    Thread
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Marayong demolition

Hi guys. been a long time, hope everyone is well.
The Marayong arena hasn't been used for a couple of years now and the owner has decided to tear down the shed and put a granny flat in the yard.
However the bombshell he just dropped is he wants to start taking down the shed this weekend! So if anyone wants to salvage anything from the arena, timber, rubber, polycarb and the giant timer clock, it has to be very soon. Doesn't have to be off the premises just yet but must be dismantled. Sorry about the short notice, I was originaly told nothing was gonna happen for six months.
kind regards,
Jeff

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:02 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I can drop around Saturday and collect the timer and can store it along side the beetleweight arena.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm 
andrew

Theres a truckload of polycarb which may be useful, i may pop round and see if any of the old robot frames can be re-cycled into sportsman robots etc

What time Jeff?

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:30 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Any time or day Andrew. I will leave the gate open if I'm not there.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 pm 
andrew

Went to Jeffs to catch up. Pinched two frames i can maybe build into sportsmans but see how we go.

General list of stuff i dont want to see go to waste.

-Bunch of lexan, ill be stealing one 6mm sheet, cutting it in half and storing it in my shed unless you guys wanna keep it all intact and store it somewhere,

-Jake/Rusells timing system, big ass led board with controlls, can be re-used in steves arena i think.

Nick-You still have them two ratcheting pole things, if you dont want them Ill maybe steal one for when I go to bush raves or whatever to setup a massive tent setup.

The landlord didnt do anything this weekend but prob will in next week so......

-

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:24 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I went around there at about 3:00 aaron and glen were coming but got busy.
I grabbed the folding tables, the arena clock, some of my old bots from the back wall.
The tables are at glens, they will go to aarons so there are tables for beetle events.
Cassie and I took the 6mm poly down, and put it around the side so the landlord can take to the shed with abandon. Russell will come pick up the 6mm poly with the trailer, it still seems in good nick.

We also found the top of the beetle arena, I'll try and work out how to get that to aarons. I wasn't able to take it, it was too big for the car, so its still at jeffs.

Andrew, there is a half sheet there already, do you want to take that rather than cutting up the big sheets? I wouldn't be adverse to donating the 6mm poly to the QLD arena if they wanted it? Otherwise it might be a good addition to the beetle arena perhaps, the KE of them is getting pretty high.

If Steve wants the big timer board I'll probably re-do the electronics and add some small displays for the competitors, otherwise I am going to have the most friggin epic house numbers ever.

I figured we'd leave the 3mm, it was pretty beat up.

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number