www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

Asuro/Arduino/Asurino bots

Author    Thread
Tim

Asuro/Arduino/Asurino bots

Hi Guys,

I built a Asuro Robot a couple of years ago http://www.arexx.nl/arexx.php?cmd=goto&cparam=p_asuro it was a good learning experience, basically just follows a line as seen here.

I was looking for something a bit more interesting and came across this http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/Asurino a while ago finally got around to burning the bootloader for the Asuro (atmega8) loaded a example sketch in arduino and uploaded it via an isp programmer (a freetronics usbasp) pulled the chip out and put in the the Asuro and it did it's thing ....driving backwards and forwards...

The reason I did it this way is simple the USB Flash tool was working but the Asuro was not responding/connecting and subsequently timing out, not unusual for the Aruro, even after the aforementioned bootloader being programmed, the flash tool nada did not work.

I read a good portion of the German wiki Thanks google translate Smile and it seems that most of the mods are done using Arexx parts not off the shelf stuff hell I googled - Asuro HC-SR04 (the HC-SR04 being an Ultra Sonic Sensor) and found a thread in the forum from years ago where someone is wanting to know if they work together - answer we don't know, use ours. I just happen to have a heap of them HC-SR04's that is good for cool stuff like this.....

Curious to know if anyone else has an interest in or has built an Asuro or Arduino based bot as I have tons of the stuff. The flash tool has always been a hit and miss affair but putting a blank chip straight into a Arduino burning the bootloader, then uploading the code works every time atleast the 5 or so I tried just to make sure as opposed to 1/2 an hour of attempted flashed that go no where. Really looking at sticking a HC-SR04 on this atm and hacking some chunks of code together, not looking for a personal programmer, interested to see what can be done on a larger scale using similar equipment ie. collision sensors/ultrasonic range finding/IR distance measurement sensors ect. and what other builders think.

Cheers Tim Very Happy

ps. I'd still be interested in simple projects also, always something new too learn.

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm