RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Metal Mayhem 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread
chris

quote:
Originally posted by teamvertex:
Bench have been made, tops going on tommorow Smile

Bring it anyway Randal! Chris, I hope it's not a major rebuild Confused And you can use my 4.8v NiCd reciever pack

fixed the problm dont worry, just a wire going to the drill relay and a few wires going to the negative battery connection. everything is ready and I will expect randall here in 40 minutes.

thanks from chris

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:20 am 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Well were home and i'm about to go to the shed and make some last minute finishing touches. The status at the moment is:

Evil Spike - all lworking but subject to radio interfernece. It should be right to go. Needs removable link.

RRRs over - Good to go. Bought failsafe so everything should be right to go.

BudgetBot - Well still needs work. Could be a late night tonite. It drives and the motor spins.
Haven't spun up blades yet and outer layer of armour still needs work.

Cya Tomorrow

BTW any idea how long it will take to get there from toowoomba.

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:54 am 
chris

Sharpshooter is on its way to kilkivan as we speak. randal just dropped by. That thing needs some work but it will rock when it is done!
c'ya from chris

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:18 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I couldn't get any rolls today. I was too late for them at Woolies. I hope the Woolies at Gympie is open on Sunday. Is there a baker at Kilkivan? My phone number is 0417 073 217 for anyone who needs it tomorow.

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:56 pm 
chris

ok, if anyone needs to contact me my mobile number is 0431583288
c'ya tomorrow!!

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:10 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'll give a very brief account of todays event Cool

Cheese Shredder won the main competition with me driving it in the last two battles beating current champion Marauder in the finals where Marauder was knocked out in under 8 secounds Cool

Annihilation was out untill the second melee as I blew up the IBC the day before Evil or Very Mad But in the Meele, Annihilation cut off one of Budgetbots Hammers, then cut it clean in half Twisted Evil I also cut some air holes in Marauder. Annihilation broke both of the blade locks against and i eventually got beached on part of the sheared off bits, allowing Sharpshooter to get the win. I didn't get to see the first melee but I think some one said Marauder was the last one standing.

Thanks to everyone who came for the day and thankts to Steven for letting me keep the axe head Annihilation forcefully removed during the 2nd melee Smile

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:22 pm 
chris

great event, I actually won something lol cant wait till the next event.
Thanks for everything andrew and randal (he drove my bot up there!).
Want to thank everyone who helped in any way with the event and I hope to see you again.
from chris

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:55 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well today was rather interesting. We didn't take our ant weight arena with us because we hadn't finished and it wouldn't have fitted in our car with Adrian. And as for how Adversary and Hellbringer went we were rather surprised. Hellbringer had been finnished in its current state for about a week and was working nice in our testing being able to easily act as one of these Nar-kart things everyone is so excited about with its 4 scooter motor assemblies, and Adversary had been completly rebuilt in 2 weeks and still isn't fnnished. In fact it turn up to the event with out any teeth on the weapon which hadn't been tested at all (the weapon for today was Aggressor bike wheel powered by an EV).
But as for how we did in battle, Hellbringer was disapointing really. With no armour it lost both its 1-on-1 fights due to connector falling off batteries and in the melee it nailed itself to the wall repeatadly. But Adversary was fun. It has to be the slowest robot in Australia since I geared down the drills so I can get some control for once and once I sorted out the problems there (a wheel fell off in the first fight after throwing 2 of Evil Spike's spikes into the fence) it went alright. It eventually fell to Marauder after the weapon stopped when a tooth ripped off the wheel (which also happened against Sharp Shooter, but I still won that one) and the weapon stopped. So it only had one tooth in the melee which made it dance a bit, but one of Budget Bots legs got caught in a drive belt and brunt out a drill motor.

Anyway, here's what you all want:
Adversary vs Marauder

http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/advsma.WMV

Melee 1 (marauder won)

http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/melee1.WMV

Melee 2 (Sharp Shooter won)

http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/melee2.WMV

Give it a bit after this post for them to arrive on the server.
Oh and I had to remove all the individual fights from the annihilator as I don't have that much room on the server to play with.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well i hoped every one had a good day .
Im sure most people had fun and enjoyed them selves .

Sorry for the late start as a few of us wernt ready . I for one needed to put batteries in robots as i had been working on other peoples robots most the night before .

A big thanks to Philip for bringing the bread roll s and helping organise some people to carry the sleepers out of the arena after the event and also for organising a colection -- that was a bonus as i can start a fund to get more stuff for the arena ect .

A thank you to the young bloke ( i cant rember your name ) who worked the event timer and started and stoped the matches .

We dint have any one specific to do do the judgeing so a big thanks for every one agreeing to the consensus vote system i think it worked prety well and was reasonablly fair with the competiors not voteing only the spectators deciding the battles i think every one was happy with the decisions .
Well thats about all for now also someone left an extension lead and a power board behind so i will put it in the cupboard for now and you can colect it nect time or let me know how to get it to you .

A big thanks to everyonefor comeing and makeing it for a great day .

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:55 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Update on the points score here:

Marauder = 20
Cheeze Shredder = 10
Hellbringer = 10
Budgetbot = 8
Haemorrhage = 6
Sharpshooter = 6
T2M = 6
Annihilation = 4
Adversary = 2
RRR's Over = 2
Evil Spike = 2

We have to get Philip out of that top place! Any corrections, please point them out!

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:19 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Best wishes to Randall's mum. I hope all is well.

Thanks to Andrew for putting on a top day. Andrew put down a new concrete slab for us all to stand on. The event was well organised and safe as always. Andrew is a great host.

The kkeerroo s have lived up to expectation and posted videos in record time.

Aaron drove Cheese Shredor brilliantly to win the final. Anihilation displayed it's destructive best.

Good fun, great people. What more could anyone want?

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:39 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

If the Kkeerroo's get any faster at posting video's, We'll expect them to start live-streaming "Bot-Cam" broadcasts from the events.. Laughing

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Live-streaming? I have absolutly no idea how to go about doing that. Is there any books with easy to understand pictures that'll tell how to do it?

Also no-ones posted who fought who yet, so I'll give it a go.

Round 1:
Marauder vs Budget Bot V2
Well Budget Bot has changed a bit. It looks like it would be really entertaining when its finnished. Its just a shame it didn't work well in this fight. Marauder was having trouble flipping it but eventually managed to get it on its side.
Marauder won by KO.

Hellbringer X vs T2M
Both these robots can drive around with there owners riding on top, so this looked like it'll be an interesting pushing fight. Looking at the robots everyone was saying Hellbringer was just going to go straight over T2M's wedges and that's exactlly what happened. 10 seconds later T2M's wedge/hammer hit Hellbringers batteries and she stopped going.
T2M wins by KO.

Adversary vs Evil Spike
Well this was going to be a nice test for my robot. Unfortuantly I could get around all those spikes, so I had to rip 2 off. But an axial shifted out of the wheel which practically fell off and Adversary wouldn't move. Evil Spike got around behind Adversary so I tapped out.
Evil Spike wins.

Haemorrhage vs Sharp Shooter
A bit of a rematch here. It was mainly a lot of dancing. Chris had a lot more control over Sharp Shooter and it was a good fight. But Haemorrhage landed more hits.
Haemorrhage wins.

RRs Over vs Cheeze Shredder
RRs Over looks a bit like a helicopter, but didn't seem to move around much. Cheeze Shedder was moving around every where and the saw caused a few nice sparks.
Cheeze wins.

The Looser round

Hellbringer got a bye.

Adversary vs Budget Bot
I was s@#ting myself before this because budget lost control of the weapon just before the count down and it looked more impressive then the one that killed The Aggressor. But once the fight started Budgets weapon wouldn't turn on and Adversary approched slowly. I decided to have a crack at it and managed to get the disc between the armour and caused a nice shower foam. Budget stopped moving and tapped out.
Adversary wins

RRs Over vs Sharp Shooter.
I wasn't paying that much attention to this fight, but I believe RRs Over tapped out giving Chris his first win.

Round 2

Hellbringer vs Marauder
Hellbringer charged in and got a nice hit. Maruader came around the side and flipped Hellbringer and the batteries stopped. Thats it. Marauder Hellbringer across the arena, but it wouldn't turn back on.
Marauder won by KO

Adversary vs Sharp Shooter
I thought Shooter was a bit too low for Adversary to get a good hit onto, but it did and flipped Shooter onto its back. The hit also broke one of Adversary's teeth which began hitting the ground and causing the weapon assembly to jump into the air. I was actually then trying to get the weapon to jump so it'll land on top of Shooter, but it didn't work. The weapon eventually stopped working and we played pushy bots untill my reciever battery fell and got under the robot, lifting the wheels off the ground. Luckly this was right at the end of the fight and I still got the win.
Adversary wins.

Damn, my boss is giving me bad looks. I better get back to work. Someone else finish this.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

"Live-streaming? I have absolutly no idea how to go about doing that. Is there any books with easy to understand pictures that'll tell how to do it?"

Also known as web-casting.. There are lots of guides out there, and I could tell you the basics, but its all reliant upon having a high speed connection at the place you want to stream from. you need to be able to get the data out at whatever Kbps you want the quality to equal.

I believe your present video clips are at 256Kbps ? If so, you would need an ADSL link with an uplink speed of 256Kbps. Not very likely at Andrews house unless you went for a satellite link.

I was mainly being facetious (because Webcasting is about the only way to get the videos up faster than you already do.. Laughing), but if you are interested in this sort of thing, there is a freely downloadable Linux CD that comes with all the broadcasting software preinstalled and configured and will boot from the CD, so you dont even need to upset your windows installation on the drive. just pop the CD in, boot it up, plug in the cameras and mike, and hook up to the net. I forget the name of it, but I can find it again if you are interested.

You can do sound-only webcasts with just a dial-up link, but video requires a lot more speed.

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

kewl event, seems like your all starting to see DAMAGE Surprised

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:09 am