www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Mayayong 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

Fan motors, pish posh! Nick, just fit the biggest, baddest motor you can find in it and your set!!!! How about a air plane starter with an angle grinder gearbox on it? Torque and a fair speed

Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:33 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

@ nick ,thanks for the response Wink think i talk to myself most of the time lol Very Happy yes i think its time a few of us capable of building more than 1 robot should give it a go a bit of a challenge i know ,but we should all be looking at recruting a team type thing which involves 2 robots just a way to keep it growing .......
but i know all to well how hard it is to convince new people how much fun this can be and how simple it can be done .......with next to no cost ,especially now we have a few so called semi-experienced builders that can get it all together ......but we will talk aBOUT it more tommorow

Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:40 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

hmmm yeah hopefully i will make it may have to make about 3 trips to get everythign there lol so jeff maby leave the gate open so i can just put everything out the back with out wakeing you up till 9 ish... if any one has any other sugestions that i might be able to use feel free to let me know

Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:45 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

damn today was a ripper.

robort, tse, and singularity along with cobra copping a hell of alot of punishment from plan b and basilisk,

but here are the highlights (ill do a report later, im knackered lol)

* i won today beating sorry, el bravo and basilisk (last one was a bit questionable), also got the rumble because everyone broke down hehe.
* TSE getting taken apart by plan b then basilisk
* singularity ramming plan b so hard into the wall it split it.
* ROBOT SOCCER!! some of the mods to the robots where hillarious, i hope someone got pics of them Razz

cobra only barely got through this event tho, in the end the 10mm lid cracked across the wheel slot so thatll have to be replaced with some lexan donated by jeff (thanks tons!), the wheels are so worn there almost running on their rims and the frame is a little more buckled along with the hammer arm.

also got to congratulate everyone for being so reliable all day, and giving/recieving the most damage ive ever seen! specifically basilisk for giving and being 100% reliable through the competition (only smoked the motors in the soccer) and tse/roadkill for having the panels ripped off and coming back for more!?

also thanks to jeff for holding the day, and everyone else for the great competition, the standard of combat has once more gone up in australia im sure Very Happy

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Well today was by far one awesome event. Basilisk tore up the scene defeating the subordianet evo by tearing off basdically all 4 sides and trwisting the frame and mangling singularity's frame, breaking welds and slicing armour.

The winner today was Cobra. woo. Glen was amazing and on form today as he defeated el bravo, sorry (i think it was sorry) and then defeating basilisk in the final to a bit of a controversion judges decision some people think (including glen) and i am basically central. basilask caused damage and teh force of the hit from teh side which gnarned the 6mm ali pretty good actually cracked the 10mm top!!!! thats just from the force of the hits that corbra took really well. The gutsiest robot by far in my books and glens a great driver and generally a cool guy (we clash heads a bit but i love him, as a friend i mean, yeah thats it Very Happy).

Singularity mangled the arena once more as he game plan b some awesome slams which broke the rear mdf wall in half basically.

Nicks shorter steel bar and wedges were certainly a improvement and to prove the force he gives out teh 8mm mild steel bar was not onlty slighly bent upwards (easy fix and no problem during match) but it was bent in thickness to. Like a very suttle v shape. thats scary power,

Also wayde being a awesome sport when basilisk tore its frame and armour off and he rebolted it on to create bird bot. U will see by the pictures when they go up which asctually worked well and prevented el b flipping him to a extent.

Roobot also was very competitive for what it is and also pleases. It dropped its drill hammer arm through plan b's blade and it didnt break until later.

Plan b has a awesome array of new blades with a blade that has one tooth, a blade that has 3 curved teeth much like vdd 30 pounders blade and one with 2 blades but looks wicked.

Sorry did really well with the wedge. came out un mangled this time and won its matches through controlling the match and earnig the win well i think.

Plan b versus TSE and TSE won because when plan b launched over TSe to the delight of all the reveiever nicads came loose and got hit by the blade. Very mangled nicads they were.

And then we had robot soccer. WHAT CHAOS. we were all in retard mode bolting on cardboard arms and scoops and just going nuts. in the end TSE and basilisk fried a drill motor and we were all pooped.

Very nice day for all and congrats on glen for winning and nick for coming second. NOt sure about the rest of the lineup.

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:14 pm 
andrew

damn u glen. u posted your report the same time as i was writing mine. now i look foolish. Very Happy

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:15 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

*takes a low bow* yeah glad i spent the time on the goals and paiting the ball. and yeah tse is ROADKILL its mangled and looks retarted... oh and it was the gearboxes that seised before the motors fried... i cant even turn em with a large pair of vice grips...i will pull em apart next week when i get back and yeah the days carnage was pritty gnarly and damn i knew i shouldent have gone to 24v but you only live once right? anyway great day in all and after overcomeing the feelings of finally breaking my loosing streak i will be back with a lower faster stronger tougher and all in all BETTER bot

*drum rolls*

The Subordinate Next Generation
or for short
TSNextGen

ahh cant wait but it was just my luck to be thrown up against the 2 K.E power hitters lol i think i was lucky witht he first victory but it still felt sweet.

Battle Report for that match goes as follows
the round started fairly good with TSE scoring a few wedges in and P-B running like a girl Laughing. it started to warm up a bit as P-B's weopon got drivven into the walls a couple of times and P-B getting stuck on TSE's wedge (TSE got stuck under the wall so the usual botfree-erer came in to split P-B and TSE up)
this is where it realy got interesting got interesting. P-B hit TSE's anti-EL-B vizor (sorry this is almost sounding like total code lol) upon where TSE's vizor came off and took the vast majority of TSE's arial with it so tse could only travel about up to about the middle. after a few glancing hits from P-B single tooth weopon and P-B takeing a few wedgings from TSE. P-B came for a full charge at TSE however TSE had predicted this and had lined up its wedge to take on P-B's charge. P-B heading straight over TSE's wedge and into the wall knocking P-B's reciever batterys into P-B's disk demoloshing them. in the few moments before P-B threw it in because of knockout TSE scored in a few wedgings into P-B. this had put a big WEDGIE for jake, jakes dad and plan b's bid for arena domination... however after replacing the reciever baterys they were redy to fight in the up comeing battles

all in all great day enjoyed getting tse thrashed to bits showed me its weaknesses and put a terific end to its losses and building the gate and paveing the way to its bigger little brother TSNextGen Exclamation

Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:42 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

well heres the draw

- sorry vs cobra

lots of pushing and spinning on my behalf and lots of wedging on chris behalf. one of the more even matches of the day. i won it but the result should have been closer. i think it was 4-1 or something like that.

- tse vs plan b

wayde already gave a pretty mad report on this but basically involved the el bravo visor and side being busted by plan b and then plan b taking a leap over tse and sending the rx batteries into the disc.. ouch, tse won (?!)

- singularity vs basilisk

mad match, singularity just kept charging basilisk and getting a little damage and backed up and did it again and kept doing that for 3 minutes. pretty good match, given they went the full 3 minutes (which was a surprise for all i think). basilisk won, mind you it was very close.

- el bravo vs robort

pretty short. basically el bravo flipped robot over and when he tried to flip him back over he flipped the switch off hehe. el bravo won.

LOOSERS ROUNDS

- sorry vs robort

drawn out pushy match with sorry trying to wedge robort around and robort trying to drill sorry. got one mad opportunity at the end but it was only a few seconds before the buzzer, DAMN! sorry won i think.

- plan b vs singularity

this was a super mega awesome match. plan b kept hitting singularity hard and singularity kept repaying the favour, eventually getting in the biggest single hit ive ever seen PERIOD. basically took plan b from one side of the arena to the other at basically full speed (>15mph) and slammed it into the wall. i was sitting in front of the wall and you could feel it shake the ground!? and it split the 18mm mdf wall to boot lol. plan bs belt snapped if my memory serves me correctly as well. singularity won i think.

fight for 3rd ?? - sorry vs singularity

basically a pushy fight, with not a lot happening. both robots had rf problems big time. singularity dived over sorrys wedge once i think. that was about all. not sure who won but i think it was sorry.

fight for 2nd last - plan b vs robort

awesome awesome fight. plan b just ripped robort up all the way into the match until plan b ran up roborts wedge where he began to lower the drill straight onto one of the gaps in plan bs disc! to the amazement of all it didnt break the drill bit, but otherwise slowed the disc down to a stop! but it was short lived as the drill fell out heh. so the same thing happened but the chuck was promptly torn off and the red wheel also had the tread taken off. then plan b did in another weapon belt.. i think plan b won that.

WINNERS ROUNDS

- cobra vs el bravo

been waiting for this one! unfortunately for some ( Very Happy ) el bravo lost a pipe out of the ram so when he went to flip the gas just went out the open tube, so i just pushed him around and hit him when he got jammed in the wall, and to top it off i didnt get flipped w00t!

as i said to jeff before we need to have a match where we are actually fully working one day Razz woohoo i won!

- basilisk vs tse

basilisk utterly utterly annihilated tse. first tse looked to be going well slowing basilisk bar down twice i think. short lived however as basilisk ripped off the back of tse and soon after that the lid and front. the frame was so mangled as well but wayde kept trying to back into basilisk even with no panels on (LOL) and then was finally KOd by basilisk. well done i say Surprised guess who won.

FINAL

- cobra vs basilisk

very very close. i kept trying to get basilisk on his side and push him into the wall but this proved damn hard as he wouldnt hit the wall with his blade when he was facing foward or back and pushing him sideways was so hard. i kept ramming and nick kept damaging the hammer arm little by little and it just went on like that for 3 minutes.

too close for me to judge. i had a broken lid some smeared ali on the sides and the hammer was a little uglier but still nothing crippling. cobra won but i think it was verging on a draw it was that close.

fight for 4th i think (it was a weird system...)

- tse vs el bravo

well birdman to be exact Very Happy wayde strapped the side and rear panels of tse onto the lid to create massive wings which basically stopped el bravo flipping it KEWL! but in the end tse did get flipped in the wall but the fact that it was still moving was moral victory enough Very Happy el bravo won that im pretty sure.

RUMBLE!!

well there was 7 in this fight i think, cobra, sorry, robort, plan b , el bravo, singularity and basilisk.

started off with el bravo trying to flip basilisk but got ripped up pretty good so off he went, so capatilising on basilisk being near the wall i got a quick sucker punch on him and he jammed his blade into the wall (or i think his powepole came off, something like that). so we where all mildy safe.

then a huge pile up started in the other corner with el bravo flipping robort and sorry and getting itself stuck in the process. something happened with singularity as well and it wasnt moving.

so it went to plan b vs cobra and plan b chewed another belt so it was a pushy match, albeit a connector popped off one of the batteries so only one was powering it, and with power running low i couldnt get plan b off of basilisk when he got stuck, sorry!

so cobra was the last moving by complete default Confused

SOCCER!!

sorry + plan b vs basilisk + robort (is that the right team?)

missed this one but i think it involved roborts soccer scoop getting wasted lol and i think basilisk + robort got 2 goals, w00t

El bravo + TSE vs cobra + singularity

andrew was driving cobra for this one, and with some thwacking of the ball and what not, el bravo got a flip in on cobra, no weapons hey Very Happy . halfway through we had to stop as tse started to smoke up big time. singularity got 2 goals in succession (i think we cheated hehehe) so sweet!

SOCCER FINAL - cobra + singularity vs basilisk + robort

pretty fun, ball kept going in the corner and robort, cobra going for it. singularity gave the ball a good hit and robort moved in for the block!

soon basilisk did a bit of a smoke job so me and singularity assed around, with cobra leaving his signature on one of those goals Cool

awesome event, with the soccer being particularly fun!

btw some photos of the pre battle robots are up in the album.

soooooo whats about:

best driven:
best engineered:
best looking:
most damaged: tse/roadkill/birdman (we dont even need to vote on that one Surprised )
most destructive:
coolest robot:

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

well i cant say much other than ......
cobra 12 points 10 + 2 for the melee win
basilisk 8 points
elbravo 6 points
sorry 4 points

points table is as follows

sorry 41
cobra 34
elbravo 30
tse 15
basilisk 12
robort 12
singularity 9
scrap 9
plan b 6

the day has set up an awsome last round of the season on NOV 20 ,
sorry is just holding on to a 7 point lead on 41 for the series a ,but with a possible 12 points up for grabs last round ,cobra on 34 and elbravo on 30 will im sure make a huge effort to WIN the 1st ever robot combat series in NSW and i guess AUSTRALIA .... Very Happy Wink

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:05 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Hey Chris, you are forgetting that Jake and I got a point each from tying the previous Melee!

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:21 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

ahhh yes after going over the results of round 4 ,actually i gave you 2 points for that melee so to bring it up to speed
plan b is on 7 points
basilisk is on 11 points .....Very Happy

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:38 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

what no movies nick lol geez away for a week and nothings done remuind me not to leave when there are movies to be put up lol Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:45 pm 
andrew

Hello all,

I wish not to nag at all but to just simply ask what is happening with movies and stuff. it has been a good while now and i have not seen anything at all.

If somebody could fill me in and give me a approx time on when they will be up.

Thank u.

Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:36 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I got sick of working 2 jobs, 7 days a week to get some cash for Robolympics, so I just took some time off & edited most of the fights I taped. They will be posted some time tomorrow morning - I will put up some links here.

I didn't tape anything like all the matches, so if anyone wants me to edit & post their videos, just let me know...

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:39 am 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

I have most fights i think, and the soccer, but i have been swamped with uni work and have not had time to even capture the tapes yet Sad

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:59 am