www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Oi - Everyone start watching Neighbours
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Ah well, while I dont know him personally, and think his company is a low-life crud-merchant, you cant argue with the fact he is one of the richest men in the world - mind you, I think to get there, you need to pull a lot of dodgy deals, which he no doubt has, so I have no particular desire to emulate him (looks like you wont need that rum after all aaron Laughing),

I do however agree that its poetic justice when people who cant be bothered using their brains end up working for those who do.. In a free labour market, supply and demmand determines the price placed on peoples time, and its quite obvious to anyone who cares to look that brain-nerds are paid much higher (on the average) than cool-dumb people..

Suits me fine.. Cool

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

There are cool smart paople you know too brett Very Happy

Why is anything to do with electronics sterio typed as a nerds thing when cool people use elec stuff in there cars and sterios and other stuff if the so called nerds didnt have any interest in elec stuff there would be no tvs to watch naghbourse on and no microwaves and no ipods radios and other stuff.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:45 pm 
Maelstrom

If they have shown even just a glimpse of the robot then they should have the people involved mentioned in the credits and that should be the case with any episode that has even a hint of the robot combat story, get on to them about it and don't be afraid to mention going to the relevant government organisations, even threaten them with going to A Current Affair (they gave Australian Idol a good going over) etc as they are not going to drop this part of the story now that it has begun to air.
They should 'Give credit where credit is due' and it is due here.
This is one example of the so called 'cool people' actually being in charge and taking advantage of the people they derogatorily call 'nerds'.
If being interested in technology and building things instead of goofing off and avoiding responsibility is being a 'nerd' then it is the 'nerds' that built the world and the 'cool people' should be thankful for the tachnology that makes their soap opera's (and every other luxury they enjoy) possible.
To a 'cool person' anything more than 'plug it in the wall and push the on button' results in a brain fart and of course we all know 'cool people' don't fart and even if they did it wouldn't stink Laughing

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:03 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I agree completely. I usually tend to use "cool people" in a similair derogatory fashion that those type of peulse use for "nerd", so I guess we're each as bad as each other.. Rolling Eyes

To me however, most of the "cool" type people seem to spend a lot of their time worry what other people think of them and spend a lot of their money (which is the same thing as spending their time) in order to keep up with whatever the current cool fashions are. This would be fine if it made them happy, but it rarely seems to do so to me.

Catch one of those type of people in a weak moment drowning their sorrows down the pub and you will hear how underneath the external charade they are often feeling "lost and wanting to find themselves" or something like that. Most of the time they do a good job of hiding that in public though.

"Nerds" seem to me to be less concerned about what other people think of them and just do whatever they think is interesting (or "cool" Laughing). I dont think they are totally immune to the desire for approval from their friends, but they are more likely to find friends who like what they like rather than trying to change themselves to fit what their friends like.

Anyway, one should do whatever makes you happy inside.. if its fashion, music, cars, robots or stamp collecting I dont care, as long as it makes you genuinely smile and have fun.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

I know a so called "cool" person and they wouldent know s*$t from clay when it comes to every day tasks and common knowlage of things Laughing .

And i can see a lot of wize people around here and yet were the so called "nerds" Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:28 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Correct me if im wrong first neaghbourse used energizer or whatever to show the building part.

Then for the finished bot they used blade?

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:00 pm