Author    Thread
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

let the preperations commenceulate!

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Are we there yet?

But more seriously what sort of time will you need for a quick website?

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:37 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

What weight robots will you be running?

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:42 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

That will depend on the arrangements we can make with them. The cost of a feather weight arena is too prohibitive for the club to bare. (Speaking of which, who facilitated all that stuff with the arena you guys built for the last Ideas festival?)

But as a minimum there will be a public event with the beetle arena some time next year. There is some interest in ants amongst the NSW guys now too, so beetles and ants are definitely on the cards. Feathers are hoped for but are a lot more problematic at this stage.

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:00 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Bort:
Are we there yet?

But more seriously what sort of time will you need for a quick website?

i'd say inside of a week but it's a particularly busy time for me right now with the house moving and the various crazy stuff happening at work

i have some time off just after xmas but before then it's possible to do but hard to project how long i will take

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

If somebody else can provide the content, I can provide the web voodoo.

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I was thinking about the video - it can't be just a mash-up of the best matches, it needs to sell the things that the Powerhouse Museum values. topics like education, science, community involvement really wouldn't hurt, as would recaps of the sport's previous public appearances.

Let's see how the ABC clip turns out an possibly expand on that. A run time of 10 minutes max and a fast pace should help.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:31 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Some footage of the workshop guys would have been good for this. Also did anyone get any shots of people explaining how their bots worked or repairing them in the pits. Also presentations would have been a good thing to have as well.

Not really the footage we focus on.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Just been reviewing some of your old videos Nick. Was quite impressed with how well some of the older ones have stood up to time.

You're right about that. Ideally a video that's pitched to what they are interested in would be best.

I think just a general bash and smash highight is fine for the website and its general target audience. But if we give a dvd to powerhouse it should be geared to them.

Got to say that the video stuff is not my area. I lack the footage and software. What I will do is be a coordinator, but I am relying on other members to back me up. I am quite willing to take on the EO role but will need assistance.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:42 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Okay sort of recovered from Brisbane, time to catch up on everything heh

quote:
Originally posted by marto:
Some footage of the workshop guys would have been good for this. Also did anyone get any shots of people explaining how their bots worked or repairing them in the pits. Also presentations would have been a good thing to have as well.

Not really the footage we focus on.

The ABC guys took hours of footage but i recall being told they could only release what they shot with the go-pro cameras. It wouldnt be hard to re-do it here though. and it wouldnt be so ad-libed ;p

Beetleweight arena should be priority #1 for us no doubt, im happy to help out at any time from now until basically whenever with it Razz

A public event i dont think there is a better time then next year now that we have less events per year to plan for it and our robots are pretty darn reliable (for the most part Razz) Powerhouse seems like the only real prospective organsation that might be interested. Have to say im completely brain dead when it comes to thinking of somewhere else that would be. Damn sydney!

Also happy to lend my almost unlimited time to help with that.

August would be almost perfect. It could replace battleshed and be ideally spaced between the proposed ideas festival in march and the traditional end of year/start of year big event.

Be good if Angus' workshops could tie in with it at some stage or hold some more along the way at the powerhouse before the big event, possibly using it as the finale, say build the kits and have a competition along side the main one. Seeing the amount of people building and enjoying the kits on the saturday (or was it sunday >__>) Was definitely a good sign for the future Very Happy

Ill dump all my footage of australian events on a DVD if you/anyone else want to come get it sometime. I think i tried to give them to jaemus but his laptop ran out of space or something Razz theres a fair amount of vids.

Will try make a video but my skills at editing and composing are massively lacking lol!

ANNNDDDDDD wrt the website could we possibly think up a new name. QSRC is hard enough to remember let alone NSWRFC which will surely be a complete mindf&ck to recall and remember for most. A single name would be nice. Just sayin' Smile

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
Ill dump all my footage of australian events on a DVD if you/anyone else want to come get it sometime. I think i tried to give them to jaemus but his laptop ran out of space or something Razz theres a fair amount of vids.

Will try make a video but my skills at editing and composing are massively lacking lol!

ANNNDDDDDD wrt the website could we possibly think up a new name. QSRC is hard enough to remember let alone NSWRFC which will surely be a complete mindf&ck to recall and remember for most. A single name would be nice. Just sayin' Smile

Centralising footage would be great. Anything you can do to help with footage would be great.

Got any name ideas then?

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Robowars NSW ?

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

If we get some footage from the ABC then great, otherwise, we recreate it over the next few months. A minute or two of biography material wouldn't hurt and some other media formats would be good too - promising some web resources and raw footage will make their lives easier.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:45 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

I need some outline drawings of some obviously deadly looking bots

i had a bit of a google but so far nothing good

anything considered

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:25 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Bort:
quote:
Originally posted by Glen:

Got any name ideas then?

Can we decide on this quickly? As I am in the middle of designing the site; i dont want to have to redo half of it due to a name change

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 pm