www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

marayong 7 registration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Glen, how many radios are you going to go through before you work out it's your aerial setup

lol, this is the same setup i was having 100% radio range in jeffs garage with as andrew and jeff can attest. its just basically stopped working over 5m. think i got it now.

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I'd be interested to hear what you find Glen, Radio's are about my least favourite subject, since on a few occasions, we've had multiple bots suddenly develop the twitches at the same time for no apparent reason.

When Robowars 2003 was on, All of Team Vertex's bots and ours were working fine one day with good range, then suddenly the next day they nearly all started showing terrible range at the same time which baffled us no end since nothing had changed.

We all went down to Sidetracked for some testing and they were all fine again down there.. I wonder if I can find someone with a Spectrum Analyzer and a directional antenna to assist at the next event, I know quite a few American events have had them and they have helped track down rogue transmitters and sources of interference quite well.

Anyway, let us know what you find out, we're gradually getting a handle on this radio stuff, but its tricky when you cant see whats happening easily.

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

its breaking my heart at the moment, it picked just the right time to do it as well.

i just took all day of to try track down the problem and ive eliminated any addition noise coming from the bot itself (compared to normal levels) and its not the TX.

basically its the Rx shitting itself or the xtals have cracked which is the most likely thing. hopefully andrews (millions of thanks for lending us the radio) radio will work.

i know what you mean too brett btw, ive had 100% reception all day and the next it really starts to jitter then the next its fine. its beyond me big time. lol

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:25 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

actually, new crystals might be worth trying.. I havent tried that myself yet, but I recall some Aeroplane guy telling me that after any crash, they always replace their crystals as a matter of course.

The sort of impacts our machines have to deal with many times during a match are probably very similair to a plane crash.. Shocked

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:52 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Not having an IBC, I havn`t experienced the failsafe interference or aerial problems but when I have servo jittering etc, Iv`e found it was because of low rx batteries, loose batteries or dodgey wiring. I`m not an "electronicle" guy Laughing or trying to critisize the IBC but would an isolated power source to the rx be worth experimenting with?- Eliminate the possibilities?

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 am