*Sorry
*El bravo
*Singularity
*Plan B
*Cerberus
*Basilisk

nfi about Roflchopter tho

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Just a possibility for after the main event: If I get the original EV-powered Basilisk running OK (nothing certain about that), how about a tag team with both Basilisks taking on anyone who's game?

I'm pretty open to suggestions on the format, rules and competitors, although I think I promised Andrew a drive...

Will anyone be bringing a miniDV video camera along? If Prong & Co aren't planning a big production, I want to do a video myself. I know I bombed the M3 video, but after 2 solid weeks of being paid the learn video editing, I'm trained up and looking for a project!

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:27 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

ill break myself off a piece of that tag team nick Very Happy

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Well i can bring my normal analogue tape style video cam maybe and record the days actions onto a tape but beside that nothing.

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:44 am 
Waddy the phoenix

ok me 2 but i will be takeing off my anti elbravo vizor (the vizor makes tse look more modern Cool style points with functionality lol)

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:45 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

if we do get it digital
(or captured)

i have some webspace we can put it on. but i wouldnt like it shared *too* far.

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

I can bring a Panasonic mini-DV cam and tripod that can be used.

All also have myself a bit of that tag team action, we'll see how strong Singularity is in a fight against two spinners, the way im building this next frame, it should hold up quite nicely Smile

Feel like teaming up glen?

ffej.net

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

wouldnt miss it for the world jeff

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:36 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

a regular tag team would be great and im in on that .....but heres hoping we can get through the normal battles in a reasonable time span so we get time to do it ...
if we all up the anti and come to each round PREPARED for a big day of battling then cool...
but it will require folks to stick to some time limits on repairs etc and if you cant get it repaired on time do the right thing and forfiet ...
sounds tough but as jeff giant-robo knows rules are rules and he was man enough to chuck it in at the big one Wink much to the delight of the other compeditors ....
just a few things to think about .....cheers sarge Cool

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:42 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

I will be there, still not sure about having a robot. Mine is mostly done but i want to change a few things instead of just making it dodgilly work, but we will see how it goes, i really want to battle, but have so much to do atm.

Courtney is in bathurst with uni and cannot make it, but i will be bringing my DV camera along. I was planning to record the event but did not have any plans to make another DVD until i had enough footage to fill an entire DVD. I am finally getting ADSL in the next few weeks and so i can encode some high quality copies of the fights and upload them if someone has the space...

If not i will look at hosting my own server through the ADSL, i just need to go dig up some old computer bits and put something together!

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:24 pm 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

I`ll have my DV cam rolling this time and I want to try a Full Blown TV style production! We need Two presenters/commentaters (even if I have to put my own fat head on film!) Laughing

Want a "Hello and weclome" and review the current point standings introducing each bot and team.

Show the draw, then quick interview of how the teams think they will go.

Two active cam angles of battles

Debrief interviews and damage shots.

Final score tally and trophy awarding.

In post production;

After the battles are edited, add music and a running commentary.

Yes it does sound just like an episode of Robot wars but in time we will develope our own style and I hope to eventually have every comp as a highly entertaining production!

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:38 am 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I'm hoping to have something working for this one, but it's been very busy lately with work, and working on various cars!

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I'm getting really fired up about the video aspect, having just won "best presentation" at our sales conference. Jeff's idea for a full VT show format is great and we should give it a try, even if the first few attempts look a bit dodgy.

It sounds like we will have 3 DVcams on the day and 2 tripods. I'd like to get a camera mounted in the arena this time for an extra angle. I will try to line up some decent audio gear as well so we get the best possible arena sound.

I will work on a digital animated logo and segment titles. The new package I have makes this pretty easy. Nothing too flashy yet. If we get enough good material, I will see if I can beg some legal music from work - we have some fantastic local artists with music that would really fit our sport. A "synch" deal for backing music can be many thousands of dollars, but who knows?

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:48 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

If there's a DV camera running in the arena the whole time that'd be fine for sound I think.
Sometimes if you record the sound separately you can end up with sync problems over time due to shift in the internal clocks of the recording devices. Since video is captured frame by frame it aligns itself pretty well once it's on the computer - but if you bring audio in separately from another source it often doesn't match 100%.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

lol just wondering if we will have time to battle with all the fan fair Wink well i cant wait it will be a great day
mitch has volunteered to be the interviewer so all we need now is the MC Very Happy and a camera man and we are set to go Very Happy

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:00 pm